Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Even Dr. Strange has noticed it

danesexy4.jpg

I was sort of kidding about the virgin bit. I'm sure he had at least casual relationships! But I bet he was an awkward teen, and too busy with science as a young man to care much.

"Yum!" "Oh, yes!" That was cute. But unfortunately they noticed him talking to Strange...and since it looked like he was talking to himself, they thought he was weird.

ETA: I think what I really meant was that Dane was a late bloomer- took him a while to realize he was attractive to women and to gain confidence in dealing with them.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 09-03-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    Avengers World #12 is out! It's mostly about getting to know Dane's Euroforce team. And Dane is feeling a little nostalgic.

Attachment 9134

Attachment 9135

Attachment 9136

"You are so old!" Poor Dane. No love from the Avengers or Euroforce!
    I thought AW #12 was good. I liked the art and how the origins of Euroforce was presented. Looking forward to #13 and more Black Knight.

Link for a very positive review for AW# 12 and Dane! http://www.comicosity.com/review-avengers-world-12/
    Last edited by mrjinjin; 09-03-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

ETA: I think what I really meant was that Dane was a late bloomer- took him a while to realize he was attractive to women and to gain confidence in dealing with them.
    That would make sense.

He almost seems shy around women. At least he was around Wasp at first. Nothing wrong with that. It's endearing in a way. It could be overdone, but also amusing- such as his shock when Sersi planted that kiss on him.

It was nice to see him kicking ass again in Avengers World #12, after being stuck in the background for so long. No more shy guy!

He almost seems shy around women. At least he was around Wasp at first. Nothing wrong with that. It's endearing in a way. It could be overdone, but also amusing- such as his shock when Sersi planted that kiss on him.

It was nice to see him kicking ass again in Avengers World #12, after being stuck in the background for so long. No more shy guy!
    Yeah, next issue should be awesome. Marvel really has to use him more.

One of Dane's endearing qualities is that he likes to explain things, and sometimes talks too much while doing so. (Okay, that can be annoying, too, but Dane's cute when he does it!) He seems to have passed that trait on down to his future great-great-something grandson! Solo Avengers #4, "Knight's errant".

talking too much.jpg

Another example- He's confusing poor Hercules!

talking too much 2.jpg
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 09-05-2014 at 09:32 PM.

This is interesting:

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...ke-place#notes

If this is true, then Dane was a mess long before his Original Sins story. In other words, something happened before Avengers World that sent him drinking and getting kicked out of bars. And something happens during AW that makes him worse (even before what he did to the guy in Original Sins)!

Wait, what am I saying? Dane has always been a bit of a mess.

BANNED

The Black Knight! What an awesome character. So underrated, too. When was his last appearance? I remember seeing him in a Captain Britian mini...

He's just been in Original Sins #2 and Avengers World #8, #10, and #12.

And Wolverine #7, but it was a cameo.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 09-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Any idea if Dane is in Avengers World #13? The previews just show the team from China so I don't think so.

Pretty sure not. It's all Madripoor and China. Italy seems to be the even-numbered issues. Hopefully, we'll see him and Euroforce again in#14! Isn't the series coming to an end soon? If it really does take place before Original Sin, it should! Plus, Wolverine is supposed to die soon. Kind of messes up his part in Avengers World.
    Last edited by MollyBarton; 09-12-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Pretty sure not. It's all Madripoor and China. Italy seems to be the even-numbered issues. Hopefully, we'll see him and Euroforce again in#14! Isn't the series coming to an end soon? If it really does take place before Original Sin, it should!
    The current arc looks to be coming to an end soon, but not the series as a whole--the last round of solicits showed a new arc starting in AVENGERS WORLD with Dr. Doom assembling a team of Avengers for some reason.

Oh, goody. Maybe Dane will be a part of that arc too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The current arc looks to be coming to an end soon, but not the series as a whole--the last round of solicits showed a new arc starting in AVENGERS WORLD with Dr. Doom assembling a team of Avengers for some reason.
    If that's the case then BK might be in it. Is Dr. Doom still a villain?