Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftershock

All-New Member

Default Aftershock

Any fans of Aftershock Comics? If so, what are your faves? If you're not a fan, what's holding you back? I have tried and thoroughly enjoyed a bunch of their titles. My favorite is Rough Riders. Highly recommend this for fans of alternate history stories.

Animosity and Black Eyed Kids.

Haven't actually read any of their other titles. I might pick up some of the trades once I'm able to take a breather on DC, Marvel and Image. While I'm not following a lot of Marvel right now, they're releasing a ton of variants I'm interested in collecting (Skottie Young, Secret Empire Hydra Heroes by Andrea Sorrentino). Also, Image themed variants (25th Anniversary Tribute, Women's History Month, April Fools).
    Last edited by rui no onna; 03-26-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I am/was reading a bunch of their titles but have fell behind a bit.

Insexts, Black Eyed Kids and American Monster are my faves. Animosity and Alters are good too.

Also eyeing the new books from Layman and Ennis.

Like everyone else it seems, I don't have that much experience with Aftershock, but I've checked out a few books and I quite like what the publisher's doing. I think Valiant and Aftershock compliment eachother pretty well. I kind of see it as.. Valiant is to Marvel/DC, as Aftershock is to Image. They're doing some solid stuff, with some really high-level creators (I mean, Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis? Seriously?) and I'm very interested to see where they go from here. With that being said, the only series that has really grabbed my attention is Animosity. I think that series has such a genius premise. Everyone has got to check out at least the first issue.
    Other than that, I've read the first two issues of American Monster, Black-Eyed Kids, Jackpot!, Rough Riders, Second Sight, Captain Kid, and Superzero. I know a lot of people dig BEK, but I found it pretty underwhelming. I appreciate what the series is going for, but it didn't work for me. I didn't find it very scary or engaging in the slightest. I wasn't the biggest fan of Captain Kid or Second Sight, but I enjoyed the other series listed quite a bit and plan on picking up the remaining issues at some point when/if my wallet allows. Rough Riders in particular is a lot of fun. I got the Rough Riders Nation issue on a whim a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it (although I found it supremely frustrating to not have a 90's or 2010's Rough Riders group). Has anyone seen the live-action "Special Message?" It's surprisingly hilarious and awesome!

Is anyone interested in any of the future books? Pestilence looks like fun (what if the black plague was actually the first zombie apocalypse). World Readers looks interesting too. Juan Doe is consistently surprising and really talented.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Animosity, Second Sight (because I would follow David Hine off a cliff if he said he had a new project at the bottom), and Insexts. Tried out Shipwreck and Rough Riders, but they just didn't do much for me. I thought Alters was actively bad. I'll give Layman and Kieth's new weirdness a look, because it just looks fun.

All-New Member

I'm gonna give Pestilence and Jimmy's Bastards a shot.

All-New Member

B.E.K. and Shipwreck. I've read some other first issues (Alters; The Revisionist; American Monster; Second Sight) but I'm not sure I'll continue. Overall, solid books, on par with Black Mask and Boom!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm reading Shipwreck, in it for Hester's art; Eleanor & the Egret--really engaging first issue, well written characters and Keith's wonderful drawing; and World Reader, which has a nice premise, competent writing and art.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I picked up the first trade of Animosity and loved it, I'll be picking up the next one when it is released.
    Also just read the first issue of World Reader, stunning art and a great are we alone out there mystery laid out well within the issue, definitely makes you want to continue.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

I bought issues 1 and 2 of Shipwreck a few days ago and really enjoyed them. These were my first ever Aftershock comics, and it was Warren Ellis' name that got me interested in Shipwreck. I'm definitely going to keep reading it and I'll be checking out more Aftershock titles too. World Reader sounds good.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Alters, and this week I really liked BabyTeeth #1. I have liked many of there books

Astonishing Member

I am looking forward to buy some titles of Aftershock, but i keep telling me that for months.

Sometimes its hard for me to go out of my way, just because its not Marvel, DC or Image doesnt mean its bad (oftentimes the opposite) but jumping into something new before hearing something good from it, is so not my thing anymore (because of the price the comics)

Is anyone reading Babyteeth? I've just got caught up with it and I'm loving it. Loving how the story is progressing, it's pace, really like the art and the characters.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I've really enjoyed the rather off-beat Eleanor & the Egret.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Is anyone reading Babyteeth? I've just got caught up with it and I'm loving it. Loving how the story is progressing, it's pace, really like the art and the characters.
    I liked the first issue well enough but I'm trade waiting. Hard to get the stories straight back when I was getting 30-40 floppies a month.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja