Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Just picked up the first 8 issues of Sonjaversal in the Comixology sale. Looking forward to trying it out. Also reading the second volume of the Image run of TMNT that IDW republished.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Wasn't particularly a fan of the changes made to the Turtles, but TMNT '96 totally ROCKED!

Not sure if a still ongoing webcomic qualifies as back issues, but I'm pretty sure it can slide in as an indie. I've been catching up on Lore Olympus.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I just bought two collected editions of Invincible, that collect issues 79-90. I was buying Invincible last year, but mid-year I decided to pause the series. Now, I finally decided to continue it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen / heard of those before.

But looking at the GCD, it seems like the series came out between 1996 and 2004 when I was pretty much taking a break from comic books and rarely ventured into a comic book shop.
    i've only ever bought issues at cons from Navarro himself. i think some shops in SoCal probably had them on the shelves at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Just picked up the first 8 issues of Sonjaversal in the Comixology sale. Looking forward to trying it out. Also reading the second volume of the Image run of TMNT that IDW republished.
    i didn't know that series had been collected, i've been wanting to check it out for a while but they got way too pricey for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i've only ever bought issues at cons from Navarro himself. i think some shops in SoCal probably had them on the shelves at some point.
    Ah.

The farthest west of the Atlantic Ocean I've ever made it was to Texas (back towards the end of the last century).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Ah.

The farthest west of the Atlantic Ocean I've ever made it was to Texas (back towards the end of the last century).
    i know the feeling, furthest east i've been is Fort Benning GA in the late 90's and i doubt i ever make it that far out again.

not sure if 2005 wildstorm counts as indy but it is creator owned, i just read issue 1 of Winter Men. so far so good. i'm a big fan of John Paul Leon(RIP) and the art does not disappoint, not familiar with Brett Lewis but it was a solid 1st issue. checked all the boxes of establishing main characters and the world they live in and getting me interested in what happens next. the dialogue is good and not too wordy, hopefully a little more action next issue

Making my way through the Spawn compendiums and just finished Dynamite's recent Purgatori mini which I highly recommend.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Have just finished a full-series re-read of Gotham Central, and it sure was a great reading experience. A police procedural more concerned with corruption within--Jim Corrigan, ace bad guy-- than the capes and costumes swirling about the city, and the police relationship to...The Bat. Greg Rucka, writing.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I’m reading the Superman/Madman Hullaballo by Mike Allred and once upon a time, Jonathan Richman from the Modern Lovers and Something About Mary soundtrack, he could of played Madman. Anyways Madman is such a great read! Well crafted and funny, I always love Mike Allred books.

American Monster by Azzarello & Juan Doe from Aftershock. pretty interesting so far, like most Azzarello imo it reads better at least 2 issues at a time.

just finished The Crow: Flesh & Blood. pretty straight forward revenge story but man is Alexander Maleev's art amazing here. looks so good in black & white. i already have Crow Dead Time 1, but i desperately want issues 2 & 3 now.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Don't remember the prompt, but have dug out Phil Foglio's Girl Genius, and so far, it's as funny as I vaguely recalled--
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I read Saga Compendium 1, I had high expectations and the series lived up to the hype. I don't know if I can wait 5 or more years for the second Compendium or if I will simply jump to the tpbs collecting the second half of the story

I read the first volume of Spawn Origins. The writing is pretty bad and visually it is an addictive badass hot mess. It's a lot of fun though
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-15-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH