Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Just read Bionic by Koren Shadmi. Highly recommend it. It’s a GN. 177 pages of story. It sucked me in and I read it in one sitting.

I'm rereading the Ultraverse comics, until the ill fated and much cursed Marvel buy out. Some good books there and some yikes.

I know, right?! Rune had such a promising start, I really thought the title would've fulfilled its potential...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-09-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

I was more of a Firearm guy, but Rune's early issues with Barry Windsor Smith art is hard to beat.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Has anyone read Electric Shark, 1992 comics published by Caliber? Might be my favorite comic I ever found in a back issue bin.

Over the past few days I have dove back in to Usagi Yojimbo. Read volumes 4-7 of the Fantagraphics material. I discovered Usagi in the late 80s in the pages of Anything Goes and read a number of the stories in Critters and the early issues of the Fantagraphics run (mostly the stuff that made up volume 1 of the Fantagraphics volumes) but lack of money in college forced me to stop buying a lot of comics, and I didn't get back into Usagi until the first Saga edition was released, so this was my first time experiencing the later Fantagraphics stuff. Man, it is so good. I would pick up a volume and start, and not put it down until I turned the last page. I so rarely read things in one sitting these days, but I did it for these, reading 4 and 5 in one sitting last night, and 6 and 7 in one sitting tonight (only pausing in Vol. 7 long enough to let the dog out). I will dive into the first couple of Sage editions for a reread until I catch up where I left off last time, probably starting tomorrow.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

MRP, my deep congratulations upon returning to Usagi. I hope you're able to continue on, as Usagi continues, through, now, another in-color phase, still always delivering on character, drawing and story.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    MRP, my deep congratulations upon returning to Usagi. I hope you're able to continue on, as Usagi continues, through, now, another in-color phase, still always delivering on character, drawing and story.
    I've been picking up the singles since the switch to IDW. I am however, missing a couple of the Saga editions I missed picking up while I was out of work a few years back that are now out of print and pricey, but some of those are available through hoopla. I am started a reread of the first two Saga editions and then carrying on to the stuff I haven't read in the other Sagas before diving into the IDW stuff again.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Took a short break from my Usagi read through to read the 6 volumes of Sweet Tooth, and then back to Usagi, just reread the Grasscutter epic this morning.

-M

In anticipation of Milestone's return, I'm currently re-reading Static; 1-16 so far.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

In anticipation of Milestone's return, I'm currently re-reading Static; 1-16 so far.
    Awesome! Hopefully someday, there'll be an omnibus collecting the entire 45-issue run from 1993

sweet ass John Paul Leon art.

i read Zot #1 the other day. i LOLed when Zot destroyed the gun before turning the brother back into a human. i'm curios to see how long he remains a monkey.

Quite possibly due influence of this very thread, I'm finding myself deeply engaged with Usagi Yojimbo's Fantagraphics and early DH issues, as well as Dynamite's four issues of Betty Boop, which is nearly as delightful as the old Fleisher cartoons. Also have a library copy of Roy Rogers Comics, which is far better than I expected!

Yayyyy! Zot!!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just started the ‘91 Valiant universe. Just bought the entire Magnus run, and have of the Solar run so far, and am loving it a little more with each new issue.