Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ironwulf by Chaykin, Moore, Mignola, Russell and the Saga of Swamp Thing, Moore and Co.

Harbinger (2012)! So good! It's a lot better than any X-men book I've read since Wheadon's AXM.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

I'm about to start reading the Lone Wolf and Cub series from Dark Horse. Probably need to invest in some reading glasses first, though.....
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Let it build. LW&C is really one of my (admittedly many) top favorite comics. Hope you enjoy it plenty.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I made great use of the Valiant sale on Comixology. Read the first arc of 90s Harbinger and THAT is some of the best I've ever read in comics.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I remember enjoying that. Thanks for the reminder--will have to go find those.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I dug out Captain Victory by Jack Kirby to give a re-read.
    250px-Captain_Victory_01_cover.jpg

Jeez! Kirby's Greatest work, in my humble opinion. How can one ever hope to top something like Ferranax, the Fighting Fetus?
    Or the Geezlebobber (did I get that right?)? Enjoy! enjoy!

I've pulled out Dynamite's "Man with No Name," which is pretty much as I remember it, pretty to look at, hard to accept anybody's face but Eastwood's, and a fair capture of the character and story.
    Also Vertigo's "My Faith in Frankie," which I'd forgotten completely other than that I liked it; halfway through, and it's really well done, but strange.
    finishing up DHP's presentation of "Sin City." Mix in some Gladstone Disneys for Sunday mornings.
    Last edited by matt levin; 04-25-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Let it build. LW&C is really one of my (admittedly many) top favorite comics. Hope you enjoy it plenty.
    Mine too. An undeniable classic, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Also Vertigo's "My Faith in Frankie," which I'd forgotten completely other than that I liked it; halfway through, and it's really well done, but strange.
    OMG! I like it, as well. Another forgotten favorite. Thanks for bringing it back, matt levin.

Here's this weekend's "new" old comics--2004.26 003.jpg

Incredible Member

Halo Jones
    Strontium Dog
    Nicolae Dante
    Bad company
    Abc warriors
    Sam slade robo hunter
    Skizz
    Rogue Trooper

Read a lot of 2000ad during lockdown... probably too much as all that probably comes in at 6000 pages. Good stuff though - keep forgetting just how ridiculously good 2000ad was in the 1980s

with thanks to poroto678 for the reminder, here's my recent old-comics/new this week:
    2004.28 042.jpg

rumors of new issues sometime later this month...but still, re-reading back issues old enough to seem new, until then. these for this week--2005.03 012.jpg
    found Harbinger no longer as readable as it originally seemed...may try Next Men soon, in comparison.

Astonishing Member

Saga and Lazarus...

Both great re-reads...

So far I've revisited or read for the first time...

-the entire run of Descender before reading the first volume of Ascender

-rereading all of Lazarus before reading X+66 and the latest volume

-Continuing with Rucka, I reread both volumes of Black Magick

-Injection Vol. 1-3

-all of Darwyn Cooke's Parker adaptations

-Matt Wagner's Spirit from Dynamite

-Last Fair Deal Gone Done, a Nick Travers GN

-Something is Killing the Children Vol. 1

-the Savagetown OGN from Declan Shalvey

-a handful of Hard Case Crime series from Titan including Minky Woodcock: the Girk Who Handcuffed Houdini, Peepland and Normandy Gold

-James Tynion's The Woods Vol. 1-7 (a couple more to go) and the first volume of Something is Killing the Children

-Gillen's Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt

-Warren's Eerie Archives Vol. 1

and not quite indy, as published by Marvel, but it is indy in spirit/theme-Epic Illustrated #1-4

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato