Default Neferpitou (Hunter x Hunter) vs Rob Lucci (One Piece)

Can the Chimera Ant take on the CP9 agent?

Neferpitou operates at an entirely different level of speed to Rob Lucci and just generally has too high a stat advantage.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Speedwise, Pitou has the advantage.

Not so sure about strength and durability though. Lucci was in a prolonged fist fight with Luffy and took a metric boatload of punishment and kept on trucking for a while. That feels better than Pitou. That said, Pitou only took like... four hits in the series like ever so it's not really a fair comparison.

Terpsichore's ability to persist after death could be an issue.

Where do we stand on "No Nen defences = Massive damage from Nen attacks," thing that is part of HxH? Technically Rob should be taking super damage every time Pitou even grazes him.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Speedwise, Pitou has the advantage.

Not so sure about strength and durability though. Lucci was in a prolonged fist fight with Luffy and took a metric boatload of punishment and kept on trucking for a while. That feels better than Pitou. That said, Pitou only took like... four hits in the series like ever so it's not really a fair comparison.

Terpsichore's ability to persist after death could be an issue.

Where do we stand on "No Nen defences = Massive damage from Nen attacks," thing that is part of HxH? Technically Rob should be taking super damage every time Pitou even grazes him.
    Is that some sort of vulnerability thing? I thought it was more that a nen boosted attack could strike with incredible force and most creatures needed to bolster their durability with nen to withstand that level of damage. Like if Gon's show me rock hit the with the force of 3 megatons, 3 megatons of explosives would do about the same damage.

Pitou's best durability feat is gonna be taking that hit from Netero that launched him on a straight horizontal path, right? His trajectory got interrupted so it is hard to say how far it would have launched him, but it looked like he was going to be full blown knocked over the horizon Team Rocket style and took no damage from it.

Also, the nen user va non nen user advantage I recall is the ability to overwhelm and enemy using Aura to paralyze them. That didn't really feel like a raw power thing so much as a mental effect, but it was strong enough to shut down Gon and Killua whose mental control is... Substantial.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-06-2020 at 06:24 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Is that some sort of vulnerability thing? I thought it was more that a nen boosted attack could strike with incredible force and most creatures needed to bolster their durability with nen to withstand that level of damage. Like if Gon's show me rock hit the with the force of 3 megatons, 3 megatons of explosives would do about the same damage.
    It's entirely possible that I'm misremembering the mechanics of it. I recall something said early on, possibly by Wing, who turned out to be lying and or wrong about a lot of stuff. So it's entirely possible I'm wrong. I don't know.

The Nen system is super involved and getting the full spectrum of it basically requires reading the whole series again which I do not want to do. ^_^

Pitou's best durability feat is gonna be taking that hit from Netero that launched him on a straight horizontal path, right? His trajectory got interrupted so it is hard to say how far it would have launched him, but it looked like he was going to be full blown knocked over the horizon Team Rocket style and took no damage from it.
    Lucci's Rokuougan would bypass the majority of Pitou's durability perhaps. Also, Luffy was at the level of Team Rocket-ing people to other islands waaay before he encountered Lucci and he still got utterly rocked in their first encounter. Lucci definitely hits extremely hard.

Sidebar; do we ever see Pitou take a cutting attack? Lucci was cutting through large chunks of buildings with his casual rankyaku attacks which I feel like Pitou would at least cut a bit by.

Also, other sidebar - I think Lucci showed up in post timeskip One Piece recently and I think he had armament Haki which enhances his ability to breach durability as well.

Also, the nen user va non nen user advantage I recall is the ability to overwhelm and enemy using Aura to paralyze them. That didn't really feel like a raw power thing so much as a mental effect, but it was strong enough to shut down Gon and Killua whose mental control is... Substantial.
    I'd say Lucci has greater mental fortitude than Killua and Gon, despite their track record of doing crazy things, a lot of the chimera ant arc was focused on how emotionally fragile they both are to one degree or another.

Might be an option though.