Spectacular Member

Default Batman Arkham collections - Will there be a Catwoman

Strictly speaking Catwoman was never an Arkham inmate was she.

However I long for a collection of some of her best stories like The Jungle Cat Queen and Never scratch a cat.
    As such an edition has never been released I thought the Arkham collections would be the likely outlet.

Is a Catwoman collection ever likely.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post

However I long for a collection of some of her best stories like The Jungle Cat Queen and Never scratch a cat.
    As such an edition has never been released I thought the Arkham collections would be the likely outlet.

Neither was Penguin and Ra's but they got one so the collection is more of a shorthand for Batman villains

Wait, Catwoman was put in Arkham in King's run

Anyway, the real question is if she's considered a villain or not

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Neither was Penguin and Ra's but they got one so the collection is more of a shorthand for Batman villains

Wait, Catwoman was put in Arkham in King's run

Anyway, the real question is if she's considered a villain or not
    There's a Batman Allies Alfred Pennyworth sitting on the shelf next to me...

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    There's a Batman Allies Alfred Pennyworth sitting on the shelf next to me...
    So would she be in the Arkham or Allies.

Next one's gotta be Gordon though.

Incredible Member

Catwoman had three and a half books dedicated to her in a "Best Of" way - Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told Vol. 2 - which contains "Never Scratch A Cat", "Nine Lives Of A Feline Fatale", and "Life & Times Of A Feline Fatale", which contains "Jungle Cat Queen".

And didn't she had her "A Celebration Of 75 Years" also?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Catwoman had three and a half books dedicated to her in a "Best Of" way - Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told Vol. 2 - which contains "Never Scratch A Cat", "Nine Lives Of A Feline Fatale", and "Life & Times Of A Feline Fatale", which contains "Jungle Cat Queen".

And didn't she had her "A Celebration Of 75 Years" also?

Life and times only has the one comic strip so hardly a collection. The greatest batman stories 2 is shared with penguin stories so not a complete catwoman volume.

I like the 75 years book though of the 18 stories only 9 of them feature Batman

Is this any good?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bat-Cat-80-.../dp/1401295851
    Last edited by riddler123; 04-05-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Spectacular Member

Out of interest does anyone know what the next Arlham volume will be?
    I tried for find a site that listed them all but nada.

BANNED

Catwoman shouldn't be in Arkham... She is not insane. She should be in Black Gate.

Out of interest does anyone know what the next Arlham volume will be?
    I tried for find a site that listed them all but nada.
    There's no Batman Arkham for 2020 so far
    The complete published list is among other Batman trades in https://www.readdc.com/Batman-1940-2...ics-series/177 page 1 and 4 of the trade list

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There's no Batman Arkham for 2020 so far
    The complete published list is among other Batman trades in https://www.readdc.com/Batman-1940-2...ics-series/177 page 1 and 4 of the trade list
    I wonder if they have stopped for good then in favour if the allies set.

The cat and the bat collection has Selina on the right side of the law mostly. I'd like to see a collection of her as a full on villain as per The Jungle Cat Queen and Catwoman sets her claws for Batman.

Spectacular Member

I recieved The bat and the cat collection today for my birthday. It has some good stories in but it is a thin volume and focuses mostly on catwoman as an allie.
    For some reason it includes incomplete stories. Like the second half of one story (The cat who would be king) and a middle chapter from Hush. Pages that could have been spent on other stories.

It was interesting to see some of the later stuff as I gave up on Batman as an ongoing comic during the Batman RIP storyline. So some of the later Catwoman strips were new to me.

I've ordered the 75 years collection hoping for something better. I held off on this to begin with as 50% of the stories dont have Batman in.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if they have stopped for good then in favour if the allies set.
    We just got Black Mask in January and Victor Zsasz in February, so give DC a break for the rest of 2020.

There already are 14 issues in this series. How many more villains are there that really deserve their own entry in this series?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    We just got Black Mask in January and Victor Zsasz in February, so give DC a break for the rest of 2020.

There already are 14 issues in this series. How many more villains are there that really deserve their own entry in this series?
    Sorry I asked!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post

More!

Honestly, I find Mister Zsasz unneeded, as he is always a C / B on a good day, villain, but I understand, BIRDS OF PREY, although he is still a C / B, on a good day.

But Joker's Daughter?

Basing on the factor that "Batman: Arkham" series, like Arkham Asylum itself, houses any colorful nut just because, anyone from A-Listers, to C-Listers:

Catwoman
    Ventriloquist & Scarface
    Mad Hatter
    Bane (although most of his stories were multi-parters)
    Professor Pyg
    Firefly
    Hush (although most of his stories were multi-parters)
    Deadshot
    Killer Moth
    TweedleDee and TweedleDum

But really, the true answer on "How many villains deserve their entry in the series?":

Joker
    Riddler
    Two-Face
    Scarecrow
    Mad Hatter
    Poison Ivy
    Harley Quinn
    Killer Croc
    Clayface
    Mister Freeze

All all-time Arkham regulars.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-21-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Spectacular Member

Catwoman, joker and Mad Hatter are probably the only ones left. Doesn't Bane have a collection?

I'm more interested in villains that have appeared over Batmans long history. Bane came from the 90s.