Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Default New Digimon Adventure

Have you seen the new episode? is on crushiroll
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member

I saw it. I think it has potential. It feels like they took a few lessons from other versions of Digimon that came in between. I like how they kind of nodded to the "kids at camp" start to the original Digimon Adventure by having Tai preparing for camp. I also think it's interesting that this version of Digimon Adventure seems kind of built upside down compared to the original. The original started with a whole bunch of characters (7 out of 8, not counting the Digimon companions) and dumped them into the digital world where they had to figure out what exactly that world is. In this version we're told what the digital world is right off the bat, but we only have Tai playing a super big role with Izzy and Kari in supporting roles and Matt off playing the mysterious lone wolf. I bet we'll be introduced to Sora, Mimi, Joe and T.K. individually over time.

Definitely shows promise. I'll check out episode two.

me too will check out episode two

Digimon Adventure: Special Clip Episode#1-3 Highlights

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Digimon Adventure: Special Clip Episode#1-3 Highlights
    I only watched the video partway through and I can already tell stuff in it from after episode 3.

[Sigh] I can't wait until this plague gets under control so that we can see more of this show.

the new episodes are really good so far

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I haven't sat down and watched an episode in full, but I have kept tabs of spoilers as each episode comes out.

I'm glad they decided to do a clean break of the old continuity, and give it an update. I love the original kids and the first series, but the sequel series and that damn epilogue drag it down. Even the first Digimon Adventure had an air of "making up the plot as they went along", it's just that the way the plot unfolded was simple enough that the cracks didn't show as badly. Adventure 02 was FAR worse in that regard (too many characters and subplots), but there was room to improve even on the original. I think having the original series as a blueprint, as well as other series bringing their own stuff to the table to draw from, will help this series immensely. it's also nice to see the Adventure cast in a series with more of an animation budget. Even the dip in quality from the first three episodes is still way better than the average episode of the original.

Glad to see all the kids partners will receive their full evolution lines, and the backstory of the partners taking part in an ancient war is very cool. Also can't wait to see if they bring back any more old villains. And while I never warmed up to the 02 kids nearly as much, I'd be fine with an Adventure 02: with them provided they are integrated into the larger cast better.

So I've only watched the first episode of the reboot. I know it's not enough to judge it overall, but the pacing felt somewhat off at first because they seemed to rush through the digivolution levels. And I heard this trend continues.

Still, I'm definitely going to continue watching it. Adventure is my favorite season, followed closely by Tamers. And I know I have a lot of nostalgia for Adventure, so I need to set it aside while I watch the reboot. I'm just glad they're still able to tell stories using these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    So I've only watched the first episode of the reboot. I know it's not enough to judge it overall, but the pacing felt somewhat off at first because they seemed to rush through the digivolution levels. And I heard this trend continues.

Still, I'm definitely going to continue watching it. Adventure is my favorite season, followed closely by Tamers. And I know I have a lot of nostalgia for Adventure, so I need to set it aside while I watch the reboot. I'm just glad they're still able to tell stories using these characters.
    From what I've seen, the first three episodes rush through the evolutions for

spoilers:
    Agumon and Gabumon to reach Omegaman, but it comes off as a special one-off appearance for now that ties into the larger lore/backstory. After that, the kids' Digimon only reach Adult level for the rest of the arc. MetalGreymon seems to be set to appear in next week's episode, which may seem too early still considering Devimon is only just making his presence known as well. But we'll see how it works out
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I appreciate that they retained the same art style as the original but I watched the first few episodes and the pacing is incredibly off. I don't think I'll be watching any more episodes. But if the other Digimon that are not Agumon and Gabumon reach ultimate levels, I may return.

One thing that is annoying so far is that Agumon and Gabumon seem to be the only ones with animated evolution sequences.

It would be a mixed blessing to cut out the others since it would save a bit on the animation budget and cut down on stock footage. But each Digimon series favoring the two leads in such a way over the rest of the cast has always been annoying. OG Adventure wasn't as bad at this compared to others (Frontier being the absolute worst), but it has still always been unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    From what I've seen, the first three episodes rush through the evolutions for

spoilers:
    Agumon and Gabumon to reach Omegaman, but it comes off as a special one-off appearance for now that ties into the larger lore/backstory. After that, the kids' Digimon only reach Adult level for the rest of the arc. MetalGreymon seems to be set to appear in next week's episode, which may seem too early still considering Devimon is only just making his presence known as well. But we'll see how it works out
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I heard about that too, which was really jarring for it to be so early in the series. If it's supposed to be a one-off I can try to overlook it. I'm still planning to watch it.
    spoilers:
    especially since they're starting to bring Devimon in
    end of spoilers

I was told once in elementary school that Digimon is a code word for 'ditch pokemon.'
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Synestra View Post
    Yeah, I heard about that too, which was really jarring for it to be so early in the series. If it's supposed to be a one-off I can try to overlook it. I'm still planning to watch it.
    spoilers:
    especially since they're starting to bring Devimon in
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They probably wanted to get us hooked with a nod to "Children's War Game," and showing that we won't have to completely start with the standard introductions of kids and their partners and wait for them to level grind when returning audiences already know all the evolved forms. Or at least show that they will mix it up a bit. We are getting MetalGreymon nexrt week, so I wonder if the six older kids will get their Digimon to Perfect level before we even get the two younger kids and the angels?

I'm waiting for most of it to be released I think to binge it, which will take forever since I guess there will be 66 episodes lol. But besides Devimon, I have to wonder if the original Adventure villains will show up. Vamdemon/Myostismon is overused to a ridiculous degree but I'd still be curious to see how they'd use them, and of course the Dark Masters
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    They probably wanted to get us hooked with a nod to "Children's War Game," and showing that we won't have to completely start with the standard introductions of kids and their partners and wait for them to level grind when returning audiences already know all the evolved forms. Or at least show that they will mix it up a bit. We are getting MetalGreymon nexrt week, so I wonder if the six older kids will get their Digimon to Perfect level before we even get the two younger kids and the angels?

I'm waiting for most of it to be released I think to binge it, which will take forever since I guess there will be 66 episodes lol. But besides Devimon, I have to wonder if the original Adventure villains will show up. Vamdemon/Myostismon is overused to a ridiculous degree but I'd still be curious to see how they'd use them, and of course the Dark Masters
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    My original thought when I saw them rushing through the evolutions was exactly that (fans have already seen the digimon take the time to build up to their higher levels, so it'd be redundant to do it that way again). And the other six kids' digimon reaching the mega level would make it worth it though. I agree with what you said earlier, how it always seemed unfair that only the 2 leads got to reach that level. Adventure did do a good job otherwise with sharing the spotlight, allowing the other characters to have their moments too.

As for the villains, I'm actually most excited for the Dark Masters. Myotismon was my favorite villain, but I also agree that he's been overused, and I'm interested to see how'll they'll be used this time around. Otherwise, I hope they don't rush any of the character interactions or their development, as that was one of the stronger elements of the original Adventure.

I'm actually debating myself if I wanted to binge the series after it's all released. I'll probably watch a few more episodes first though to see where its going before I decide
    end of spoilers