Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Default Boom!Studios Comics

I'm a longtime Marvel (Spider-Man) fan already, don't usually have much time for Indie comics but I've recently discovered Boom!, because I'm also a Buffy fan..I'm currently enjoying Boom's version of Buffy..I reckon they're putting out a quality product...posted on that in the Buffy thread..

Other titles I've noticed are Once & Future, I'm behind but will pick up on this..who's reading this already, any comments? Especially from British readers...?

The other I'm curious about is Something is Killing the Children, although I'm aware this seems like a blatant copy/rip-off of Buffy...tell me it's not?

Jon

Highly recommend their Power Rangers series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Other titles I've noticed are Once & Future, I'm behind but will pick up on this..who's reading this already, any comments? Especially from British readers...?
    Jon
    I'm not British, and I admit that I've fogotten a lot of Arthurian lore in the half-century since I last read it, but I've enjoyed this series tremendously. Grandma rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    The other I'm curious about is Something is Killing the Children, although I'm aware this seems like a blatant copy/rip-off of Buffy...tell me it's not?
    Jon
    I wouldn't say that "young female slays monsters" is a purely Buffy concept. There have always been magical-type women (witches, priestesses, what have you) to whom people turn for help in ridding the populace of a supernatural threat. Buffy is one such story, and so is this one. I like this book, too.

I'm digging Alienated by Spurrier and Wildgoose.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48989-boom...age-story.html

"Something Is Killing The Children" felt more like "Stranger Things" or "IT" than "Buffy" to me.

Thanks seismic, good point about not just Buffy slaying monsters.. I'm reminded of Elsa Bloodstone, who although came about during Buffy time has the lineage to Ulysses Bloodstone, who was around in the 70s...I will seek out Once and Future (there's a tpb of 1-6 out there) and I'll probably go for Something is Killing...Mr Kenway's mention of Stranger Things and IT reminds it's firmly in the horror genre, which is fine by me..

Jon

I saw Erica as a foil for Buffy rather than a rip-off. She feels like what one of Buffy's dark futures could be.

Nice..and she has got a subtle surname..

It’s finished now but I really enjoyed Bone Parish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Highly recommend their Power Rangers series.
    This. Absolutely this.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”