Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Comic and Anime Magic Users at the Dragon Ball Super Tournament

The forces of the universes put together this team as one of the contestants to save their respective universes. They are:

Lina Inverse
    Doc Fate - classic
    Doc Strange - classic
    Doc Strangefate - An amalgam of Fate, Strange and Charles Xavier
    Mordru - from DC at top strength
    Sauron at full strength - before losing the Ring, Hypothetically with the Ring, you call it
    Raven, at Trigon levels - unleashes her Dad's power levels, which supposedly she can do.

So - are they just wiped out, can they make it to the end - or one of them for the win.

Astonishing Member

Classic Doctor Fate may be the one doing the wiping here.

Classic Fate- assuming this is Kent "Your Spouse is now a Gorilla!" Nelson?- would honestly, probably, literally wipe his ass with some of the competitors. Only to chuck them into the Sun afterwards.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, this pretty much hinges on whether they can get space to start their big stuff.

Even then, I'm not sure he's got the speed to avoid eating a really nasty blitz. The Tournament of Power also has a lot of moving parts to it. If he, Lina and Strange (and presumably StrangeFate but I don't think I've actually seen concrete feats for him) can get their stuff going then things get very bad for everyone else real quick.

Giga Slave, for example, is a problem.

Mordru is "at top strength," is presumably Pre-Crisis? I vaguely recall him being a legit threat to the whole Legion of Superheroes together so he could also be a problem.

Speed though and it really depends who goes for them first.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I thought that this was regarding the Tournament of Power initially, so my first thought was that the Giga Slave might count as calling in outside support, and while that would normally be followed up with "and who is going to tell that to The Lord of Nightmares," the *two* Lords of All Things sitting in the ref's booth might *at least* actually be able to get her to ditch the battle to come watch the rest of the fireworks with them.

Also, it'd be fine to watch everyone deal with the fact that flight spells aren't allowed. Some of them might be about to give themselves wings, though, I guess.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-06-2020 at 06:15 AM.

I'm pretty sure PC Superman-ish level durability was part of PC Fate's kit. Strange also has autoshields capable of shrugging off some serious damage before he amps them.

So I feel like the the Wizards just bibbity babidi blow them tae **** up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm pretty sure PC Superman-ish level durability was part of PC Fate's kit. Strange also has autoshields capable of shrugging off some serious damage before he amps them.

So I feel like the the Wizards just bibbity babidi blow them tae **** up.
    Classic Strange's best stuff was on the level of planets exploding and supernovae aren't able to breach his amped shields.

His autoshields could also take a surprise blow from a mind controlled Surfer without him being hurt so that's a lot of natural durability.

However, that's still considerably below the level of gun that's being pointed at him. I don't want to get into the question of how much gun is there, because I know I have issues with the presentation of a bunch stuff in Super, but I think he's going to have a hard time holding off a concentrated effort by say Kefla, for example.

I don't know Old School Fate well enough. I've heard things around here and I had a couple of his Bronze Age comics when I was little but I couldn't say if he's as physically durable as Pre-Crisis Kryptonian.

So the thing about the Supernova feat, is that he was in his Astral Form, which was weaker (including shielding and the like) than his physical form.

Sharp could give a better account of how much weaker, but I see Strange lasting long enough to buff the shields unless every gun is pointed toward him.

Arx Inosaan

IIRC, that was also the Crimson Bands that blocked the Supernova? Even still, Strange has done things like blow up a planet to propel himself really fast... so.

Arx Inosaan

So the thing about the Supernova feat, is that he was in his Astral Form, which was weaker (including shielding and the like) than his physical form.

Sharp could give a better account of how much weaker, but I see Strange lasting long enough to buff the shields unless every gun is pointed toward him.
    The thing is though, the inference is that the DBS cast are /wildly/ beyond supernova levels.

*sighs deeply*

Beerus and SSG Goku were threatening the stability of their entire universe with their exchanges. Take that with whatever pinches of salt you want.

Golden Frieza, Destruction Toppo, Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta, Kefla, Hit and, of course, our big angry dorito man Jiren are significantly above the power level of SSG Goku to the point where the form is pretty much irrelevant.

Even without that, Kid Buu was point-clicking planets and he's so far down the curve in terms of strength that he was irrelevant multiple powerups ago.

Supernova blocking shields aren't really going to cut it. And those are shields he has to actively cast to get to that level at all and he's a thousand times slower than most people in the ToP.

I'm not liking the odds of them getting big stuff off before something comes to interrupt them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I thought that this was regarding the Tournament of Power initially, so my first thought was that the Giga Slave might count as calling in outside support, and while that would normally be followed up with "and who is going to tell that to The Lord of Nightmares," the *two* Lords of All Things sitting in the ref's booth might *at least* actually be able to get her to ditch the battle to come watch the rest of the fireworks with them.

Also, it'd be fine to watch everyone deal with the fact that flight spells aren't allowed. Some of them might be about to give themselves wings, though, I guess.
    If we're counting that as outside support then Classic Strange is majorly screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    If we're counting that as outside support then Classic Strange is majorly screwed.
    That was also my thought.

Depending on your interpretation of "outside interference," Strange might lose a lot of his biggest guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The thing is though, the inference is that the DBS cast are /wildly/ beyond supernova levels.

*sighs deeply*

Beerus and SSG Goku were threatening the stability of their entire universe with their exchanges. Take that with whatever pinches of salt you want.

Golden Frieza, Destruction Toppo, Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta, Kefla, Hit and, of course, our big angry dorito man Jiren are significantly above the power level of SSG Goku to the point where the form is pretty much irrelevant.

Even without that, Kid Buu was point-clicking planets and he's so far down the curve in terms of strength that he was irrelevant multiple powerups ago.

Supernova blocking shields aren't really going to cut it. And those are shields he has to actively cast to get to that level at all and he's a thousand times slower than most people in the ToP.

I'm not liking the odds of them getting big stuff off before something comes to interrupt them.
    I'd vehemently disagree with the Universe level **** for Goku and the like being frank; were it not for the board ruling.

Arx Inosaan

I'd vehemently disagree with the Universe level **** for Goku and the like being frank; were it not for the board ruling.
    I mean, I would be closer to your position myself as well. My history of issues with Dragonball in Rumbles, even prior to addition of Super, is well documented at this point.

However, it happened in the show and it was subsequently ruled on. Ergo, people above the level of SSG with the appropriate presentation are playing on a much higher level of power than Strange can handle without pulling out some truly extra stuff from his back of tricks.

I mean yea, it's been ruled on. Which is... unfortunate, to say the least. Especially considering the feat itself.

Arx Inosaan