Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Based on the above, I can't really see the big guns here doing much of anything before they get blitzed.

People like Sauron shouldn't even be here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I needed one more and that's all I could think of at the moment. I suppose the issues are whether Strange and Strangefate's auto shields (I know he doesn't have feats for this in his limited appearance but he was defined as an amalgam, so sue me) plus Fate can survive the initial blitz. I don't know Mordru's feats against blitzing but he did take on the Legion who has FTL members.

If Strange could shield, I could see Lina doing a Giga slave against the lower level team participants. Could any of the team get to the top? Fate if he truly is PC Kryptonian might. With PC strength levels, I think (who knows) he could throw a punch (if he could coneect) that would be bad news for Goku or Jiren.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

PC Kryptonian level punches would do literally nothing at all to end-of-super Goku and Vegeta and Jiren. They are wildly beyond that level, by mod ruling to boot.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

I missed that - got a link to the specific mod ruling on Kryptonian punches vs. the DB folks?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I missed that - got a link to the specific mod ruling on Kryptonian punches vs. the DB folks?
    It's this ruling here that is being referenced. Effectively confirming that Beerus and SSG Goku are working at "threat to universe level,"

This means, with the accompanying powerups and scaling, Jiren and his ilk are a fair bit beyond the nominal level of Pre-Crisis dudes to really mess with.

PC Kryptonians are, at max, tugging around chains of planets, messing with stars and so on. They aren't on universal level.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If there is a significant enough of a speed difference, PC Kryptonian level stats should be more than enough to gently pick up Jiren and daintily yeet him out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If there is a significant enough of a speed difference, PC Kryptonian level stats should be more than enough to gently pick up Jiren and daintily yeet him out of bounds.
    People otherwise strong enough to be at the tournament couldn't even APPROACH Jiren, when all he was doing was napping (OK, meditating).

The issue there is that I don't THINK that Dr. Fate was ever shown to have PC Kryptonian speed, just their strength and toughness, but I could be mistaken.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Not to argue with a ruling about destructive power but how does that imply resistance to a punch? I can put out much destructive power using a pistol but you can punch me out. Goku has been shot when at high power levels when not paying attention and he did catch a lethal disease.

So for a silly analogy, an electric eel can put out lots of juice, but you could kill it with a spear gun. I don't think we have seen Goku or Jiren demonstrate physical strength near Kryptonian. They have resistance feat of getting blasted through rocks but that is at a lower order of magnitude from a FTL invulnerable fist. They do show that impacts can hurt them but at what level?

Not to argue with a ruling about destructive power but how does that imply resistance to a punch? I can put out much destructive power using a pistol but you can punch me out. Goku has been shot when at high power levels when not paying attention and he did catch a lethal disease.

So for a silly analogy, an electric eel can put out lots of juice, but you could kill it with a spear gun. I don't think we have seen Goku or Jiren demonstrate physical strength near Kryptonian. They have resistance feat of getting blasted through rocks but that is at a lower order of magnitude from a FTL invulnerable fist. They do show that impacts can hurt them but at what level?
    They take hundreds of punches from each other, and given that they are each so far past PC Kryptonian in strength (again, mod ruled, it's not really an argument), their durability is somewhere up there as well.

Astonishing Member

Working at Universe Destroying Level - means energy output. Goku and Beerus were not punching universes. If I'm wrong, I'd like a clarification on the specific issue. Durability needs to be determined by a feat rather than saying it is somewhere up there.

The first few "universe threatening clashes" were in fact from punching each other. Like one fist hit the other fist and neither fist exploded into quarks and ions.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The first few "universe threatening clashes" were in fact from punching each other. Like one fist hit the other fist and neither fist exploded into quarks and ions.
    And the shock waves rippling out. The farther away, the more destructive. But each punch clash was more destructive than the last. With the shock waves even being felt in the afterlife, and planets being turned to dust.

Working at Universe Destroying Level - means energy output. Goku and Beerus were not punching universes. If I'm wrong, I'd like a clarification on the specific issue. Durability needs to be determined by a feat rather than saying it is somewhere up there.
    As has been stated, it was literally "universe busting" from punching each other. And that was several explicit upgrades ago for Goku, and those upgrades make him equalish to the high-end types in the ToP.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Point: all the "rocks" that Jiren and Goku were punching each other through were divinely constructed from the Dragon Ball analog of adamantium, IIRC. Also, Jiren was supposed to be stronger than at least one God of Destruction, and the only G.o.D that we have objective feats for is Beerus, who can casually blow up half of a planet by gently tapping his finger on the top of a table, and who blew up multiple planets of unknown size by slamming through them with his face when he was going into a fit from eating wasabi.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-09-2020 at 08:55 PM.