Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What human allies?
    I like the recent example of Professor Owsley.

Thankfully Dom was able to save her. I'd love to hear more from her although after a decade of hate she herself has received (perhaps more), and now an assassination attempt, she may just go into hiding.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Then why were you surprised by those actions? "Progress" is debatable, the X-men themselves are regressing on their stances with peace with humanity. Krakoa itself is an indictment of defeatism.
    If I knew it, why do you think I would be surprised? Krakoa is a chance for mutantkind to thrive. If I was a fireman, I’d be far more worried about the kids in the townhouse burning down than the gated community.

He really hasn't. There is no time limit for punishing someone for murder and terrorism and no, those aren't minor reasons. They can do that without giving a free pass to actual super-villains which have body counts of small countries. Which ignore accountability when it comes to mutants who have broken the law and committed serious crimes against mutants and humans alike. This isn't about Krakoa its about mutant terrorists being accountable for their crimes. Magneto being Krakoa's face to the world all but tells humanity they don't care about killing humans. When was the last time you heard someone bring that up to him, post- Krakoa? Magneto's ideology is that humanity's day is done and mutants will dominate the planet - he's simply transferred into doing that with soft methods like buying his enemies out rather than floating the in the air and threatening to murder them if they don't do what he says. Magneto, and violet mutants like him, are individuals who have their own tainted pasts, they're not vague ideas tied to an ideology.
    You said all this but what does that have to do with mutant amnesty? Again, we know why Krakoa is offering protection to the entire species.

You didn't answer whether you were empowered by the X-men before, the X-men aren't shy about how they feel about being mutants. They embrace it.
    Reservations are communities, Utopia is supposed to be a safe haven for mutants.
    Clearly I wasn’t if I really needed to flat out state that. And they literally spent the entire Decimation to Rosencanny arcs being mutant police.

That as the implication, there were no caveats about other humans who helped mutants. That is true, but your argument was that the government itself was only run by those bigots. Governments are vastly more complex than that. The portals are for mutants, not humans. The human ambassadors weren't allowed onto Krakoa - it's only for mutants.
    Humans can be allowed on the island if they are accompanied by mutants.

Every word is factual.
    No. It’s not. You said Scott can’t be in a room without biting humans’ heads off. Where is your burden of proof that Cyclops is aggressive to humans? Because otherwise, that’s not true.

Fantastic Member

I think Julia Carpenter has had some interest in mutants along with Val Cooper and Carol Danvers.

Carpenter should have been a mutant though. I think she would have been used better that way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If I knew it, why do you think I would be surprised? Krakoa is a chance for mutantkind to thrive. If I was a fireman, I’d be far more worried about the kids in the townhouse burning down than the gated community.
    Fireman are obligated to save everyone, lately the X-men aren't showing much interest in looking out for anyone outside their enclave. Their war with Inhumans really robbed off in them. The X-men as we know them are dead, their duty in protecting anyone who isn't a mutant is over.

You said all this but what does that have to do with mutant amnesty? Again, we know why Krakoa is offering protection to the entire species.
    It has everything to do with mutant amnesty, where's the justice wth their victims in Krakoa? It's not like Krakoa's resurrected all the people the super-villains have killed over the years, they get nothing. The species is more than protecting mass murdering terrorists, hiding behind political amnesty to avoid accountability is an age old trick villains use. It's how Joker tried avoiding punishment by becoming the Iranian ambassador after he murdered Jason Todd in the "A Death in the Family" storyline in 1988. Justice and saving the mutant species are to separate subjects.

Clearly I wasn’t if I really needed to flat out state that. And they literally spent the entire Decimation to Rosencanny arcs being mutant police.
    X-men being the "mutant police" has been their thing since the 60s, that's been their niche in the super-human community since forever. Every so often they become official agents of the government in hunting violent mutants, like various incarnations of X-factor. Decimation and the Rosecanny arcs are blips on the X-canon and they're both over. The current arc with Krakoa is an exception to the status quo, excluding the upcoming X-Factor where Polaris and co. are Krakoan detectives.

Humans can be allowed on the island if they are accompanied by mutants.
    The only human I know about is Jubilee's baby, it's not like the X-titles are currently filled with humans in their supporting casts. Krakoa isn't a vacation hotspot for humanity, either. Krakoa has made it very clear humans aren't wanted there.

No. It’s not. You said Scott can’t be in a room without biting humans’ heads off. Where is your burden of proof that Cyclops is aggressive to humans? Because otherwise, that’s not true.
    Scott has made quite a few outbursts against humans post-Krakoa, see any time he interacts with the Fantastic Four - especially Sue Storm and I'm not talking just about the recent crossover. Like when he got into an argument with the FF over Sabretooth. I know you read the comics so I don't know why you think Cyclops has never been angry with humans there.

https://abload.de/img/38r8jp5.jpg

I'm ok with showing evidence when a major argument is put forward, however, I'm not ok with having to put up panels to prove any mutant is doing something wrong as though the status quo is every mutant is perfect until proven beyond the reason of a doubt. We know those characters and we know what happens in these books. I'm not obligated to view mutants through a lens that they can do no wrong but non mutants are guilty under less scrutiny. That's a double standard.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 04-08-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Scott is not mad at humans, he is just disappointed.

He has sacrificed his life, his happiness and his family for the dream of peaceful coexistence with them and the humans have repeated over and over "lol, no, let's go to build more Sentinels".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I think Julia Carpenter has had some interest in mutants along with Val Cooper and Carol Danvers.

Carpenter should have been a mutant though. I think she would have been used better that way
    oh my god that be genius yes please giv us julia

I was thinking that the Champions were stopping the racist altercation at Worthington Industries during Uncanny, but I just reread it and actually they just thought Dust was attacking protesters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was thinking that the Champions were stopping the racist altercation at Worthington Industries during Uncanny, but I just reread it and actually they just thought Dust was attacking protesters.
    Dust shows how much of a pile of babies every other teen heroes are, the way she immediatly counters the crazy alien after she tries to kill her.

Astonishing Member

Scott is not mad at humans, he is just disappointed.

He has sacrificed his life, his happiness and his family for the dream of peaceful coexistence with them and the humans have repeated over and over "lol, no, let's go to build more Sentinels".
    Cyclops shuts her down and acts like it's her personal fault that mutant bigotry wasn't fixed when he should know better.

He's talking to someone who has had her life thrown upside down and saved the world and universe multiple times and been an ally for them. He's clearly forgotten how the Fantastic Four sacrificed their lives to stop Onslaught.

Not every human is responsible for that, like not every mutant is responsible for Magneto's terrorism. The X-men used to know this. He cuts out of there when she and Reed could have escalated that argument with facts he isn't interested in hearing. Sue was actually listening to him and felt what he said emotionally, where was this sympathy from him?

Cyclops shuts her down and acts like it's her personal fault that mutant bigotry wasn't fixed when he should know better.

He's talking to someone who has had her life thrown upside down and saved the world and universe multiple times and been an ally for them. He's clearly forgotten how the Fantastic Four sacrificed their lives to stop Onslaught.

Not every human is responsible for that, like not every mutant is responsible for Magneto's terrorism. The X-men used to know this. He cuts out of there when she and Reed could have escalated that argument with facts he isn't interested in hearing. Sue was actually listening to him and felt what he said emotionally, where was this sympathy from him?
    Look at it this way: Scott's son has suffered all his life and in fact, he has died on several occasions, due to being a mutant.

Sue's son has almost never suffered 10% of what Cable has suffered from being a mutant.

Fantastic Four, dear and beloved, X-Men, hated and feared. It is normal for Scott to be irritated by what for him is patronizing advice. Like "Yeah, it's easy for you to talk, Sue."

The fact that the 4Fs dare to criticize Krakoa for selling their medicines when in fact they are millionaires based on Reed selling his patents is pure hypocrisy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    oh my god that be genius yes please giv us julia
    I'll give you Julia...but you give up Beast...you know..the fake mutant that Sinister had in his database.

Fireman are obligated to save everyone, lately the X-men aren't showing much interest in looking out for anyone outside their enclave. Their war with Inhumans really robbed off in them. The X-men as we know them are dead, their duty in protecting anyone who isn't a mutant is over.
    How did you miss the point of my post? You’re literally parroting #AllLivesMatter talking points. Maybe if the Avengers were also rescuing mutant children from ORCHIS and saving Brazilian mutants from getting eaten by Predator Xs, we wouldn’t need a team specifically catered to dealing with mutant issues.

It has everything to do with mutant amnesty, where's the justice wth their victims in Krakoa? It's not like Krakoa's resurrected all the people the super-villains have killed over the years, they get nothing. The species is more than protecting mass murdering terrorists, hiding behind political amnesty to avoid accountability is an age old trick villains use. It's how Joker tried avoiding punishment by becoming the Iranian ambassador after he murdered Jason Todd in the "A Death in the Family" storyline in 1988. Justice and saving the mutant species are to separate subjects.
    Cool. Last thing I’ll say for this point: Xavier's mutant amnesty demand is based on the Black Panther Party's Ten-Point Program where it says "We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.” Mutants would be judged by their mutant peers instead of being held to implicit anti-mutant bias. It isn’t like the mutant villains just were constantly running from the law, they were just roaming about. The only person who was actively in custody was Sabretooth, who was later punished by the Quiet Council.

X-men being the "mutant police" has been their thing since the 60s, that's been their niche in the super-human community since forever. Every so often they become official agents of the government in hunting violent mutants, like various incarnations of X-factor. Decimation and the Rosecanny arcs are blips on the X-canon and they're both over. The current arc with Krakoa is an exception to the status quo, excluding the upcoming X-Factor where Polaris and co. are Krakoan detectives.
    Decimation was a blip? Now you know that’s not true else there would be no need for the Crucible issue.

The only human I know about is Jubilee's baby, it's not like the X-titles are currently filled with humans in their supporting casts. Krakoa isn't a vacation hotspot for humanity, either. Krakoa has made it very clear humans aren't wanted there.
    Northstar’s husband is also on Krakoa.

Scott has made quite a few outbursts against humans post-Krakoa, see any time he interacts with the Fantastic Four - especially Sue Storm and I'm not talking just about the recent crossover. Like when he got into an argument with the FF over Sabretooth. I know you read the comics so I don't know why you think Cyclops has never been angry with humans there.

https://abload.de/img/38r8jp5.jpg

I'm ok with showing evidence when a major argument is put forward, however, I'm not ok with having to put up panels to prove any mutant is doing something wrong as though the status quo is every mutant is perfect until proven beyond the reason of a doubt. We know those characters and we know what happens in these books. I'm not obligated to view mutants through a lens that they can do no wrong but non mutants are guilty under less scrutiny. That's a double standard.
    Cyclops defending Krakoa and backing off when the Fantastic Four got aggro over ‘Mutant amnesty’ is nothing like your post entailed. He isn’t mad at humans and he even introduces himself by congratulating Ben on his marriage. You’re reeeeeeeeaching.

And I honestly couldn’t tell if that was Zub’s own approach to the situation or showing how non-mutant heroes subtly treat mutants. Either way, it was groan worthy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I'll give you Julia...but you give up Beast...you know..the fake mutant that Sinister had in his database.
    you got yourself a deal, carefull with him around time traveling, he leaves furrballs and loses A LOT of hair on the summer, but hes toilet trained

I posted some panels from a recent X-Force, did you read them? #7's entire issue is about preventing the assassinations of humans. And did you read Fallen Angels? Because you're incorrect.

EDIT: And Betsy is Captain Britain, charged with defending GB's citizens, not their mutant citizens. If you're not reading the books then what?
    Last edited by JB; 04-09-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Um I see Scott and Jean advocating for human lives here