Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Try the marvel epic collections. 20 comics for a cheaper price and they are in story order and even have other titles if they deal with that story.

For thanos past check out avengers vs thanos. Even has the drax short story from logan's run!

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-vs-T...6261474&sr=1-2

Check out marvels for a crash course of marvel history.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Remas...s=books&sr=1-3

Quote Originally Posted by mathew.the.mighty View Post
    thanks for your time mate appreciate it
    You are most welcome. Keep us posted on what you decide.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Im going to go for the marvel epic collection i think. =]

makes the most sense for me, multiple issues, paper back format, best price that i can see.

Is demon in a bottle part of the epic collection or are some stories just stand alone issues?

If it will be in the epic collection i will just make my way through the volumes, if not i will by that book first im thinking

thanks

mathew

=]

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You are most welcome. Keep us posted on what you decide.

makes the most sense for me, multiple issues, paper back format, best price that i can see.

Is demon in a bottle part of the epic collection or are some stories just stand alone issues?

If it will be in the epic collection i will just make my way through the volumes, if not i will by that book first im thinking

thanks

mathew

=]

thanks

mathew

=]
    Troubles with the epic are:
    - all the epics are not out yet
    - some epics are out of print - and they take a long long time to go back to print
    - epics are not published in chronological order - but harder to find issues first
    - epics only collect 1 title, minis are not collected unless strongly linked
    - lots of issues are not must reads
    - epics reprint mostly silver/bronze age comics (and a few early modern age) - thus collecting stories with an "old school" style that you might not like at all.
    - epics don't always compile full arcs or runs, they just compile issues, the arc might end in the middle of the next issue.

To me, epics are not really the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Troubles with the epic are:
    - all the epics are not out yet
    - some epics are out of print - and they take a long long time to go back to print
    - epics are not published in chronological order - but harder to find issues first
    - epics only collect 1 title, minis are not collected unless strongly linked
    - lots of issues are not must reads
    - epics reprint mostly silver/bronze age comics (and a few early modern age) - thus collecting stories with an "old school" style that you might not like at all.
    - epics don't always compile full arcs or runs, they just compile issues, the arc might end in the middle of the next issue.

To me, epics are not really the way to go.
    Oh no lol I didn’t realise any of this, so what’s the best way to get the full arc of all the must reads then?

Oh no lol I didn’t realise any of this, so what’s the best way to get the full arc of all the must reads then?
    Well, it's not hard, on my previous post, you have the titles of the books. You go on Amazon, and look for them, some might only be available in HC but most are in softcover. Or you go to your local comics shop and ask the owner.
    For the Epics I suggested, you can get them, they have the full arcs !

Love the epics and they look great on the shelf!

Found this picture on google. Man I would love to own all those!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Love the epics and they look great on the shelf! Man I would love to own all those!
    Well If you like old school go ahead.
    Bare in mind that they only reprint (for now) the early stories. The Modern runs and titles are not collected in the epic line.
    Well from the 50's/60's onward. The even older titles are not collected (such are golden age Captain America).
    Lots of the 1st few volumes collect the Stan Lee's run, they are not bad at all. Some of the 1st volume also collected pre-serie appearances like for Moon Knight, wich is a good way to get the true original stories.

Bare in mind that they only reprint (for now) the early stories. The Modern runs and titles are not collected in the epic line.
    They have had many newer conan and star wars epics that reprint the later comics.

https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Chronic...s%2C403&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Chronic...s%2C403&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Leg...s%2C161&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Leg...s%2C161&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Leg...s%2C161&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Leg...s%2C161&sr=8-7

Just to show a few so yes they have some new stuff also.

"Many" is not the word. And it's only on specific series.
    The newer we've got is mid 90's. Which is 25 years ago !

thanks

mathew

=]
    Demon in a Bottle is not in Epic form. It’s an 8 issue story. You can get it at the link I provided on an earlier page in this thread.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

"Many" is not the word. And it's only on specific series.
    The newer we've got is mid 90's. Which is 25 years ago !
    The newest is conan and star wars from the mid 2000s.

But to tell you the truth I tend to collect the epics for the older comics. Do have some of the dark horse star wars epics however.

But yeah if your wanting stories from the last few years you won't really find those in epics.