Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I maintain to this day that Johns was trying to write Hal more in the vein of what they were going for with Ryan Reynolds in the live action movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, because Hal is the main character of Justice League Origin. If anything it's the opposite. He gets the most character development in this introductory arc, with Batman acting as a mentor. Yes, he started out like a fool, but he ended up uniting the others and leading the team against Darkseid while Batman's off to save Superman.

This is a similar type of storytelling with his New 52 Shazam where Johns placed Billy at one extreme first, that he's a jerk, only by the end to reveal that hey, he's actually good.

Oh and I'm not counting that scene as Bat-dickery. I think they're on an equal term of being annoying at each other, with Hal unable to shut up, being shiny, reckless or showing off, contrasting with Batman's silence, stealth, and attitude.

Crazy Steve is such audacity of a character that he's actually funny.
    I think that scene was written because Justice League: Origin is a story for little children

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    And I remember this incited a huge argument on youtube about how the GL ring cannot be removed from the owner unless the owner himself removes it....which then this scene makes no sense.
    yeah... except when it is. That little ability has been contradicted back and forth in the GL books themselves since at least the 60's... half the time he wills it to stay on and someone needs to rip a finger off to get it... and half the time he's knocked down or out and can be stolen by anyone.

I DO think that scene is stupid though... but not for a 'it can't come off' reason.