Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Generally speaking I agree with your point, even if in this particular case I have the feeling the purpose of the scene was to create a moment of humor in the story, not to glorify Batman.
    I'm guessing Frank Miller's version would have the same affect:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Crazy Steve is in his own league as a jerk Batman.

BANNED

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I actually enjoy Batman being a dick to everyone 'cause he's my favorite. He's being a dick to everyone and get away with it is his super power... lol no one can do anything about it is just so good... It's hilarious.

It's not very good compared to miller's best works but i laughed from start to finish like i didn't laugh for long time to All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder.

How about the time Batman & Green Lantern first met, and Bats swipes Hal's ring:

Where is this from?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Where is this from?
    The first New 52 Justice League issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first New 52 Justice League issue.
    Thank you for the info
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

How about the time Batman & Green Lantern first met, and Bats swipes Hal's ring:

Well that's Geoff Johns, who doesn't seem to be a Batman fan so that's the most Bats gonna do under his writing.

And I remember this incited a huge argument on youtube about how the GL ring cannot be removed from the owner unless the owner himself removes it....which then this scene makes no sense.

Bruce's reaction to Diana killing Max in Infinite Crisis. Especially when you take into account he was more forgiving of Selina killing Blackmask.

Times when Damian is the only one of the Robins called as Bruce's son (some dispute over whether Dick was more son or brother like), whereas Jason had fully hit that role himself back in the 80s first.

Not saying this to try and spark fights between Damian and Jason fans (I like both characters), but hate it when only 1 character is called a son of Bruce's. By Bruce (happened in Metal and King's run to my knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Times when Damian is the only one of the Robins called as Bruce's son (some dispute over whether Dick was more son or brother like), whereas Jason had fully hit that role himself back in the 80s first.

Not saying this to try and spark fights between Damian and Jason fans (I like both characters), but hate it when only 1 character is called a son of Bruce's. By Bruce (happened in Metal and King's run to my knowledge).
    I hate it, too, but I dispute Jason as first for the role (like you said, some dispute). To me, it was clearly Dick (as was stated numerous times in the golden age). Then they tried to roll that back to "brothers" in the early 70s, but by the mid-70s, from what I read, "son" seemed to be back in order. Certainly was by 1980. I do wonder if O'Neil was responsible for the "brothers" bit or someone else was - he pretty much eliminated the relationship for Ollie and Roy, too. So many issues with how bio son Terry was worthy of Batman in Batman Beyond whereas the adopted ones weren't, too. I would not have given Batman a biological child for that reason (see reboot where Damian is still his child, and the others aren't). Now, I like Damian well enough when he's not being a jerk, and I wouldn't erase his existence, but it introduced problems in that regard. I also would have kept Jack alive and not had Bruce adopt Tim - a Robin who wasn't Bruce's child, and who had another family was different and good.

It is also important to me (though sadly lost in post-COIE and many more recent adaptations) that Bruce took in Dick to raise - not have Alfred raise. Another downside to Alfred's paternal role combined with Bruce's increasing emotional unhealthiness in the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Considering how bad modern Bruce is at parenting, do you really want him to be their father (figure)?

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Considering how bad modern Bruce is at parenting, do you really want him to be their father (figure)?
    I certainly don't want Bruce not regarding them as his children - that makes him an even worse parent. Well, Dick and Jason, anyway. The relationships with Cass and Tim were a bit different in dynamic (neither becoming his child until after he'd become what he is today and also not until they were pretty much grown).

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    While not ideal in many ways in the main universe (to say the very least), in a more ideal, say, Elseworld, yes. I would like for the other Robins to be acknowledged as his sons (and Cass as his daughter).

BANNED

Was Geoff Johns held at gunpoint while writing this scene?

You write Hal for years to the point where your run is quintessential, then reboot starts and he’s a complete douchebag who can get his ring stolen by freaking Batman. Such an embarrassment

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Was Geoff Johns held at gunpoint while writing this scene?

You write Hal for years to the point where your run is quintessential, then reboot starts and he’s a complete douchebag who can get his ring stolen by freaking Batman. Such an embarrassment
    No, because Hal is the main character of Justice League Origin. If anything it's the opposite. He gets the most character development in this introductory arc, with Batman acting as a mentor. Yes, he started out like a fool, but he ended up uniting the others and leading the team against Darkseid while Batman's off to save Superman.

This is a similar type of storytelling with his New 52 Shazam where Johns placed Billy at one extreme first, that he's a jerk, only by the end to reveal that hey, he's actually good.

Oh and I'm not counting that scene as Bat-dickery. I think they're on an equal term of being annoying at each other, with Hal unable to shut up, being shiny, reckless or showing off, contrasting with Batman's silence, stealth, and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Crazy Steve is in his own league as a jerk Batman.
    Crazy Steve is such audacity of a character that he's actually funny.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-07-2020 at 04:40 PM.