Default Rise of the Magi ( RPG thing if interested.)

Sand box RPG. Max players is 12. I will be one of the players. My job aside myself is give out points at the end of a turn ( once a week in our time.) Note I will not give myself advantages and wil do a convatvruling thing in the meta, as pvp can happen. However despite my edgelord nature in the past, it is not recommended in this format due to nature of game ( as it’s not all combat, rather flex creativity muscles.)

Game info:

Here you guys would be Magi, fancy term for sorcerers or sorceresses in which born with immense magical power.

Notice 1: I intend to join in this, I am not a gm
    Who just lords over and throws stuff, I love playing along and in the sand box nature of this rpg. Well my GM duties is giving out xp at the end of the week and rolling for world situations for each player.

Notice 2: Each player can haul from a people on this world. The world is akin to Roman times with a few tweaks as listed, each group is mentioned, historic note and etc.

Dragma: Russians at this time in the period.

Norsica: Vikings. Picking them means the character could explore the New World over time. ( As the Americans are all NPC. Due to fact they do not have Magi but Shamans, deals and prayers with foreign powers.)

Britons: Celtics

Nords: Germans or Gauls.

Arcadian: Greeks. Noted to be advanced enough to have toilets and paper for them.

Pax: Pax and Paxians are Romans. Who are making huge waves in the European part of the world.

Kyrie: Alternative version of Hund won really like wearing animal masks.

Edenian: Jewish people’s, here are nomads as the Babylonian expies kicked them out.

Tiamatians: Said expies. In this world have the most advanced metals.

Helion: Egypt. Enough said really.

Dian: China, politics is like Han. Most advanced nation as aside toilet stuff, have man sized glider kites for flight and gun powder. So they have prototype guns.

Yanmoto: Toughest Warrior culture with some honor rules. Obviously Japan here.

So 12 slots. And we are not rulers, just residents of said cultures.

Notice 3: Magic system: Been dancing around with and deciding we can do a vote on this. One of 5 systems to do.

1: The 5 Mana schools from Magic the Gathering ( though in plot we are nowhere near as potent as a planes walker.) Start with one magic type at basic 1 level. Can learn all 5 and max them. Notice do not need land mastery to access mana, it comes to you in different flavors.

White: Creation, Order, Light, Justice, etc.

Blue: Knowledge, control, mind, water, etc.

Red: Chaos, Freedom, Destruction, Fire, etc.

Black: Death, Power, Corruption, bad stuff, etc.

Green: Nature, life, critters, earth, etc.

2: Akin to D and D Wizard magic here. Start with 2 at the basic level.

Abjuration: Defense Magic.

Animancy: Home brewed white necromancy, deals with life force directly.

Conjure: Summon stuff

Divination: Magic aight into things.

Enchantment: Empower stuff or even mind alter spells.

Evocation: Conjure energy in various forms to wreck ****.

Illusion: Trick the senses of others.

Necromancy: The dark version. False life by using demonic energy to animate the dead, siphon life force or unnatural life force tampering, also just killing things directly.

3: Based off the Pillars of Creation from Legacy of Kain fandom, 9 in total. Start off with 3 in basic level.

Mind: Mi d over matter.

Conflict: Dictate fighting and reasons for it, draw strength from it, covers chaos too.

Nature: All natural elements, critter control, and stuff.

Energy: Controlling energy in all its forms and uses.

States: Changing forms of something to something else. State wise.

Dimension: Accessing other realms and realities of existence.

Time: Let’s do the time warp again! ( Control glow of time, future sight and stuff.)

Death: You kill things, alter souls and can bring false life to dead things.

Balance: Tip the scales to one side or another at a turning point.

4: Here it is based off the Spheres of Reality from Mage by White Wolf. Here we start off with three in basic level.

1: Source: Direct mana/aether/ etc energy burst from the, source to our world. Controlling that flow directly.

2: Forces: Altering or manifesting flow or patterns of energies of our dimension ( kinetics, heat, electric, etc.)

3: Life: Command and control of organic matter.

4: Matter: Like above but inorganic matter.

5: Time: Controlling flow of time.

6: Dimension: Space/travel/planar magic.

7: Soul: Altering souls and being able to use them. In various ways.

8: Death: Kill stuff dead. Also affect ghosts and make undead.

9: Mind: Mind over matter along with telepathy and even telekinesis.

10: Entropy: Tampering with Chaos, Fate, Fortune, and Events.

11: Shadow: The anti life, not death pre say but makes things dark, can kill things, and make constructs from said dark matter.

12: Dream: Bending the curve on what is real and what is not ( Changed it to be more exotic.)

5: Custom! Here max to learn is 20 but nothing really pre planned and each magic has strength and weakness. We get to decide for ourselves what we do, and spend action points for new school of magic. Start with 3, each at level 1. Nothing too has though please.

Stats:

Note that at the end of each game week you will get xp points to buy up new stat points to get even more awesome.

Life Points: How fast you heal. Need life points or your dead for real.

Hp: How much you can function, at 0 your knocked out. Your LP allows you to recover.

Action Points: In this game you do actions, this is your currency for how much you get to do in a game week.

Fate Points: Get out of jail card. You get zero life points and have fate point? You sacrifice FP and your spares, for now.

Strength: How strong you are. At maxed level your super human, like snap swords with karate chips, explode boulders with kicks, and turn people into Gore balloons.

Speed: How fast you think, react, and can move. This has many uses indeed.

Constitution: How tough you are, anti fatigue, anti disease, and anti poison us here.

Will Power: Mental toughness. Also how much you can focus on your spell casting.

Intelligence: How many spells you can squeeze in every command level, also how advanced a skill you can learn at skill mentor and if you can comprehend tech and even improve on it.

Power: A bonus to how hard you magic hits.

Reserve: Your MP pool pre week turn.

Soul: How fast MP respawns each week turn ends.

Command: How advanced you are in magic mastering. This stat cap is decided by which magic system we use.

Note that after votes I will write the stat caps and what they mean plot wise.

Skills: Not making a skill list, max number is 30. There are plenty to go around though and if you want help to pick, message me ( as it can be a big deal depending on game schemes.)

Final note: Magi do not age when power manifests, so your characters age will stay that way forever. Only way to die is by other means aside old age. Also no sanity rules, your a magic born super human, crazy **** does not bother you.

Character sheet: To come if you guys vote. Not only intro info but how many stats start off with and how many to spend a week.

Then show action point system and stuff you can do with it.

Just felt like sharing. So I do not have high hopes here. Besides I got two forums where people play my stuff anyway. I pst here because you guys are my first real community, so I share.

- Chou.

Edit: Willing to make it 3 PCs a player and more player nationality stuff. Also willing to do a 6th magic system that is just me pulling out 30 magic types. Though there limit in how many you can get and stuff, each with own pros and cons ( as I know people hate choice here.)
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 04-06-2020 at 09:36 AM.

#humblebrag
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

??? What now? I dare not attack you squidy , that’s Len’s job.

: Curious of said statement.:

Well in that case.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176082.0

8 slots a subtle. Going to update Monday, official stuff Thursday or Friday. That forum is all RPGs but I saved my topics so yeah.

Only if your interested.