Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    As if the character can withstand another "Superman is bad, Batman is good" story that targets general audiences. It would just give Batman fanboys another data point that Batman is better and can beat Supes' ass. I hope Injustice and TDKR never get film adaptations. And for that matter, Red Son too.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...upport-a174369
    I mostly agree, but the Red Son remark does not fit in the post. I assume you never read it?

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Zack Snyder was the closest they got if not worse and the general audience rejected that outright. Don't these people learn?
    Except Zack did bad Batman good Superman. Remember Bad guys think they are the good guy even though their actions say otherwise. Think of all the people hurt or killed by Bruce's actions that he just brushes aside. Superman didn't hurt anyone in MoS or BvS (except Zod) yet gets constant **** for things beyond his control.

BANNED

And this thread reminds me i was gonna get the injustice omnibus.

why not, i liked Superman's brutal bloody actions in Injustice. As long as it's an elsewold, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know people complain about Injustice's portrayal of Superman a lot, but I think they forget how the original game concluded with the real Superman coming in, immediately changing the tide of the fight against the Regime, and defeating Regime!Superman.

Of course I guess when Injustice 2 stuck us with the bad guy, and that's who the comics are primarily about, it's easy to just focus on their bad portrayal of Superman.
    I hate this whole real Superman narrative. They were both real it's just one went through some life altering **** and because Superman is a stubborn idiot who believes the best in People chose to reveal his Secret identity before putting the governments of the world on notice. I know your greiving dude but WTF. Of course they were going to grab your folks. What choice did you give them. That's the one thing that fucks with me about how they portray Superman at times. That even though he was raised human they make him have blinder on when it come to human nature (he's a journalist for heaven sake!) . Meanwhile his so called friend who´s supposedly an expert instead of helping his buddy deal is play both sides hoping for best (but not putting any actions towards that front) whilst planning for the worst ( even helping it along).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Only character who’d get it worse with an Injustice movie than Superman is Wonder Woman.
    Batman allows all the technology entrepreneurs,Congress and living Presidents to be killed on his watch by Ras al Ghul something infinitely worse then anything the Regime did yet all anyone can remember is how bad Wonder Woman was.

I enjoyed the original Injustice games for what they were a bleak Easleworlds take on the character. I've not opposed to an animated movie or several based upon them.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, I'd take a film adaption of the first Injustice over the bleak snoozefest that was the Snyder-controlled DCEU. Sure there'd be another horrible representation of Superman. But at least there'd be a good one too that puts the bad one in his place. Hell, you can even let Cavill keep playing Supes. He was never the problem anyway XD
    Last I checked, Snyder's Superman wasn't slaughtering civilians for disagreeing with him and ruling the world with an iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Batman allows all the technology entrepreneurs,Congress and living Presidents to be killed on his watch by Ras al Ghul something infinitely worse then anything the Regime did yet all anyone can remember is how bad Wonder Woman was.
    I know, Batman in the Injustice franchise is hardly the moral paragon they try to say he is.

That Wonder Woman is so shallowly written and characterized, whereas at least you can the reasoning why Superman went the way he did, is what makes it stand out to me.

Fantastic Member

If they make a movie about the injustice league superman, I will make it a point not to go to see it!! I hope it bombs!! That's not superman!!!

The comic and the video games, IMO, are practically different stories. The comic traces its roots to the game, but like many tie-in comics, the game (and sequel) is not going to bend over backwards to accommodate what happens in the comic books. And if you compare how many Injustice comics were sold vs. the games, and use that as a basis of how big the audience is for either Injustice line, the game's got to be a whole lot bigger. The first game sold ~4 million copies across PS3, Xbox 360, PS4 and Wii U (hahahahahaha). Granted, there are people who bought multiple copies of the game, but even so, whatever the real audience for the game ends up being is probably significantly larger than people who've read the comic. In short, whatever little good the comic did in trying to flesh out Superman as a real character might be glossed over completely if they made a movie. You're just stuck with the most generic Lois Dead, Superman Evil story.

I hate this whole real Superman narrative. They were both real it's just one went through some life altering **** and because Superman is a stubborn idiot who believes the best in People chose to reveal his Secret identity before putting the governments of the world on notice. I know your greiving dude but WTF. Of course they were going to grab your folks. What choice did you give them. That's the one thing that fucks with me about how they portray Superman at times. That even though he was raised human they make him have blinder on when it come to human nature (he's a journalist for heaven sake!) . Meanwhile his so called friend who´s supposedly an expert instead of helping his buddy deal is play both sides hoping for best (but not putting any actions towards that front) whilst planning for the worst ( even helping it along).
    Well, "real" in the sense of it being an equivalent of the standard version of Superman going up against a version that is anything but.
    That was a failure on Batman's part, but it's not like he was the one who perpetrated the act like Regime Wonder Woman may have. He just couldn't stop it.

Injustice
    Batman has his failings but I'm not going to hold him responsible for what a madman does. If anything, Aqualad is the most to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Last I checked, Snyder's Superman wasn't slaughtering civilians for disagreeing with him and ruling the world with an iron fist.
    True, but Snyder conceptually envisioned that he was one dead Lois away from becoming Injustice Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well, that can be true for dcau superman as well. Furthermore, it wouldn't even take the death of lois in his case. Death of a wally west will do it. There is difference between what could happen and what is happening. Batman killed lois in that future.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well, that can be true for dcau superman as well. Furthermore, it wouldn't even take the death of lois in his case. Death of a wally west will do it. There is difference between what could happen and what is happening. Batman killed lois in that future.
    Except in the end .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Except in the end .
    Snyder would have basically tempted lois's death as well. There is no way zack snyder would skip the space devil tempting space jesus, part. I mean, everyone knows space jesus is the reason we have freewill.
    I am joking ofcourse. But, snyder would try to subvert temptation thing in bible. It's just something he would do. I pretty much have a good idea what zack snyder was going for.I also believe antilife equation was going to be key component in the movies.

Man of steel's theme was "chance and choice".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-07-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Why can't Superman be like all the other heroes who kill bad guys after a loved one dies, instead of killing good guys?