Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Ughh...Ed Boon pushing for an Injustice movie

As if the character can withstand another "Superman is bad, Batman is good" story that targets general audiences. It would just give Batman fanboys another data point that Batman is better and can beat Supes' ass. I hope Injustice and TDKR never get film adaptations. And for that matter, Red Son too.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...upport-a174369

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think people had a discussion on this already in the bendis thread. Might want to check it out.

So upsetting. Those people pushing for evil Superman stories have no idea who the character is. Ugh.

It's the last thing the character needs in order to become more popular and loved.

Honestly, I'd take a film adaption of the first Injustice over the bleak snoozefest that was the Snyder-controlled DCEU. Sure there'd be another horrible representation of Superman. But at least there'd be a good one too that puts the bad one in his place. Hell, you can even let Cavill keep playing Supes. He was never the problem anyway XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, I'd take a film adaption of the first Injustice over the bleak snoozefest that was the Snyder-controlled DCEU. Sure there'd be another horrible representation of Superman. But at least there'd be a good one too that puts the bad one in his place. Hell, you can even let Cavill keep playing Supes. He was never the problem anyway XD
    I know people complain about Injustice's portrayal of Superman a lot, but I think they forget how the original game concluded with the real Superman coming in, immediately changing the tide of the fight against the Regime, and defeating Regime!Superman.

Of course I guess when Injustice 2 stuck us with the bad guy, and that's who the comics are primarily about, it's easy to just focus on their bad portrayal of Superman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This isn't going to happen. MAYBE they will do an animated movie sometime down the line but there's no way this will be a live action, sit in the theater, movie. They're having a hard enough time maintaining the regular DCEU movies. If anything, the new Batman film will be a backdoor to a new universe. The cast would also be too big. Are they going to get Gal Gadot to play "evil" WW? Would she even agree to it? There are so many logistical issues to deal with here.
    Assassinate Putin!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Agreed, animated movie if the idea really gets people going. I had a few co-workers actually bring it up today out of nowhere.

I'm tempted to get the second game tomorrow.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Zack Snyder was the closest they got if not worse and the general audience rejected that outright. Don't these people learn?

They made a movie that sort of ties into the Arkham series, so an Injustice movie doesn't seem unreasonable.

But my question would be why? The last game is nearly 3 years old, and nowhere near its peak popularity. Assault on Arkham came out between Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight, so the timing of that release worked as a cross-promotion. Midway even pushed Mortal Kombat 11 ahead of Injustice 2 as their featured game for Evo 2019.

Injustice Superman is the least-inspired and least-nuanced EVIL SUPERMAN! of the bunch. And I say this thinking the Justice Lords are the most overrated aspect of the old cartoons. I also don't want any part of heroic Harley if we're saddled with EVIL SUPERMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    As if the character can withstand another "Superman is bad, Batman is good" story that targets general audiences. It would just give Batman fanboys another data point that Batman is better and can beat Supes' ass. I hope Injustice and TDKR never get film adaptations. And for that matter, Red Son too.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...upport-a174369
    As a gamer I can enjoy Injustice for what it is. Take the tone deaf version of Harley out and maybe put a ‘U’ instead of an ‘S’ on his chest and it’s not bad at all.
    But it’s been over done. And if you look at the popularity of Metal and the Batman who Laughs, maybe it’s time for an evil Batman story instead. Balance things out a bit.

Only character who’d get it worse with an Injustice movie than Superman is Wonder Woman.

If it's based on the FIRST game, I'm ok with it - because it hammers home that only a Superman can beat a Superman.

If that plot point isn't there, forget it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Honest question: is Injustice's ending technically a deus ex machina?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    It very easily CAN be.. but doesn't have to be, if they do it right.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    It’s been while, but since the entire plot of the game hinges on the “real” Justice League coming over, I don’t think it can be considered a deus ex machina. In the context of the comic I think it’s a better argument since they would be brought in at the end to fix the problems.