Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    According to Showbuzz, the Flash is currently drawing in 0.7% of the adult, 18-49 year old audience, which is a new low and the only stat I could find. But this is no longer the days of three networks. Nowadays, a show that brings in 5% of the viewing audience is a phenomenal success. On the flipside, even at it's best, the Flash has an audience of a few million people. Even a movie like Justice League that flopped probably drew in at least thirty million people. This is a guess based on how much it made domestically. Yes, people are aware of the Flash show but that doesn't mean they watch it. It's the same reason the MCU movies ignore Agents of Shield. The number of viewers is insignificant compared to the numbers that will go see a movie.

I like the show. But this isn't about "I like the show". It's just reality. As you said, we aren't talking about Game of Thrones or the X-Files. we're talking, in the strict sense, about a relatively obscure small network show.
    Pretty much this even factoring Netflix the audience can't be more than a few million.

I wasn't comparing it to GoT but as an adaption of The Flash I think it's still relevant to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't comparing it to GoT but as an adaption of The Flash I think it's still relevant to the discussion.
    I agree with you 100% I was mainly disagreeing with jetengine on just how popular the show is.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I agree with you 100% I was mainly disagreeing with jetengine on just how popular the show is.
    I don't think it needs to be on GoT to be fairly popular, but that's just me.

I agree I was just making a point.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I agree I was just making a point.
    An unnecesary one.

Anyway, just get Wally. Barry has enough trouble remaining interesting in his current books.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    An unnecesary one.
    How was it unnecessary? We were talking about the show effecing the movie because of its popularity my point of the show although yes popular isn't going to effect the movie a great deal because it's no were on the level as say GOT seems very necessary.
    Last edited by choptop; 04-21-2020 at 02:05 AM.

As an Agents of Shield fan, it irked me that the movies ignored it. For instance, the first season had Hydra with the guy who was secretly in charge and the whole Deathlok project. Then Captain America: Winter Soldier comes along and does essentially the same premise but never mentions the name of the guy from the show and creates some other project that is just the Deathlok project by another name. At the same time, I understood why they did it. Because you can't have a move be dependent on people knowing about events from a show most of them have never seen or maybe watched at the beginning but then drifted away.

With the Flash, maybe a lot of the movie going audience has seen the show but a minority follow it enough to know what's going on episode to episode. They may know the basic premise but that's it. I'm a role-player, a gamer. Yet, in my entire group, a group that tends to be superhero fans, I'm the only one that has followed the show consistently. Most other people say they watch it. But then I mention a specific, recent event and it becomes, "Oh, well, uh, I watched it at first and an episode here and there." But doing a movie that uses the Reverse Flash killed my Mom premise would be something that they know it's the current Flash premise. But that's like knowing a criminal killed Bruce Wayne's parents or that Superman is from Krypton and was raised by the Kents. With the Flash, most of them haven't followed the story so they just know the premise.

Personally, I would prefer the movie drop the time travel premise since it's not the original version of the Barry Allen story at all. I'd rather they do something different or focus on someone who is not Barry Allen because, frankly, Grant Gustin has owned that role and is the Flash for people who watch the show.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Personally, I would prefer the movie drop the time travel premise since it's not the original version of the Barry Allen story at all. I'd rather they do something different or focus on someone who is not Barry Allen because, frankly, Grant Gustin has owned that role and is the Flash for people who watch the show.
    I don't think anyone other then Geoff Johns is chomping at the bit to see Flashpoint adapted again.

Incredible Member

Why is Ezra still The Flash after he choked a woman; why wasn't there a recast?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Why is Ezra still The Flash after he choked a woman; why wasn't there a recast?
    He didn’t tweet about bad things he just did them ... that is Hollywood logic for you.

i hope that filming can begin once things get safe(r), wherever filming is set to begin. they would likely need a closed set ideally. Probably not too many exterior settings.
    Warner Bros. has the money to do vigorous testing. there's no excuse not to be safe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    An unnecesary one.

Anyway, just get Wally. Barry has enough trouble remaining interesting in his current books.
    It’s not really irrelevant. If you like the Flash show enough to watch it up to this point... you are probably a hardcore enough fan to see the movie.

However the fact that CW is a small time network and Flash isn’t some killer in the ratings mean the show is irrelevant to the vast majority of movie going audiences. So you could do whatever you want without complaints of it being redundant because of the show.

Sounds like some actress named Sasha Calle will play Supergirl in Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sounds like some actress named Sasha Calle will play Supergirl in Flashpoint.
    If the movie ever gets made, that is.