Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default The Flash Movie 2022

Well after the film was set to start production in April but sidelined due to the coronavirus, now its probably not happening even after the pandemic calms down because they'll need to find a new actor:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...234571800/amp/
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 04-06-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Possibly good news is that its rumored WB wants to move forward with the film with or without Ezra Miller. A recast or a script focusing on Wally West are apparently being thrown around.

Personally i would like a version focusing on wally. With the cw show i think we've seen some of the best storylines Barry's version has to offer. Also, the Flash is one of the few superheros that the general audience is familiar with the different characters who have taken up the mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Possibly good news is that its rumored WB wants to move forward with the film with or without Ezra Miller. A recast or a script focusing on Wally West are apparently being thrown around.

Personally i would like a version focusing on wally. With the cw show i think we've seen some of the best storylines Barry's version has to offer. Also, the Flash is one of the few superheros that the general audience is familiar with the different characters who have taken up the mantle.
    True. While watching the JL scene where Barry talks to his father in prison, I felt like I was watching an episode of the television show remade with different actors. But, at this point, they will probably recast the movie Flash unless something really positive for Miller is discovered regarding this incident.
    Power with Girl is better.

We probably not going to get a flash movie untill sometime after 2023 to be honest

Seriously this film doesn’t need to happen if it’s going to be about Barry Allen. There really isn’t anything new the film can do that the TV show has not already covered. I’ve never been an Ezra Miller fan as the Flash, he was my least favorite part of Justice League.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Yeah the Tv show mined alot of material and is STILL running so its kind of redundant to have Barry.

Incredible Member

I think it would be pretty cool to have them use the cw Barry to introduce Wally as the new speedster in the film somehow or have Ezra as Barry then kill him off so then we only have Wally. With the right writers i think either scenario could be pulled off quite well.

Personally, I think Wally is the better Flash for the big screen and as a member of JL. His overall background story is less complicated and emotional than Barry's so its a bit easier to fit into a 2 hour movie. Additionally, he is more comedic which provides a nice balance for JL. If they could take the Wally West from the animated Justice League show from the early 2000s and translate that version to live action I think many fans would love that.

While ezra himself isn't a bad actor by any means he just never felt like the Flash to me and his chemistry with the other characters didn't translate to much. I think a recast or Wally replacement may be the best course to take at this point.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    We probably not going to get a flash movie untill sometime after 2023 to be honest
    Very true. With everything going on with Covid-19 we may not see many cbm or films with 100m plus budgets for the next 1.5-2 years. We already see from Trolls that a film can do okay on streaming release but nowhere near theater run money, which would make it pretty hard for some films to make back their budget. Also, call me old fashioned but some films i want to see in theaters because of the experience itself can add another layer of excitement ti a film. Like WW84 i want to see that theaters on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Yeah the Tv show mined alot of material and is STILL running so its kind of redundant to have Barry.
    The only thing I could see the movie doing that the TV show never really did is The Rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    I think it would be pretty cool to have them use the cw Barry to introduce Wally as the new speedster in the film somehow or have Ezra as Barry then kill him off so then we only have Wally. With the right writers i think either scenario could be pulled off quite well.

Personally, I think Wally is the better Flash for the big screen and as a member of JL. His overall background story is less complicated and emotional than Barry's so its a bit easier to fit into a 2 hour movie. Additionally, he is more comedic which provides a nice balance for JL. If they could take the Wally West from the animated Justice League show from the early 2000s and translate that version to live action I think many fans would love that.

While ezra himself isn't a bad actor by any means he just never felt like the Flash to me and his chemistry with the other characters didn't translate to much. I think a recast or Wally replacement may be the best course to take at this point.
    I wouldn't say Wally's background is less complicated since unless you really change his origin you have to establish the whole Flash legacy to explain why he's The Flash.

I could see them either....

A. Replacing Barry with Jay in Wallys history
    B. Have a dying Barry imbue Wally with his powers and Wally has to deal with his murderer

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The only reason WB seems to have wanted to do the Flash movie was to give each of the Justice League members their own spin-off movie. Hence Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Batman with Ben Affleck
    and I guess a sequel Man of Steel 2. Cyborg was also going to get a movie. So with every one else getting a movie it would make no sense not to have a Flash movie even if it made no sense otherwise.
    Now that Cyborg has been dropped, The Batman is going to be its own thing, and no Superman on the horizon it may be just as well the drop a Flash movie too.

Ultimate Member

Is it still starring Ezra "chokes a girl to the floor" Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A Flash movie can happen but as The Beatles say, Let it Be.

DC should make the film and see it as a real thing, not trying to forcefully make it part of the DCEU. They do need to start copying MCU less. Its better for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    A Flash movie can happen but as The Beatles say, Let it Be.

DC should make the film and see it as a real thing, not trying to forcefully make it part of the DCEU. They do need to start copying MCU less. Its better for them.
    If Ezra "chokes a girl to the floor" Miller still has a job it sort of has to still be a part of the DCEU. How could it star the same actor and now be its own thing? If they hire someone who doesn't attack strangers
    then, like The Batman, it doesn't have to be part of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If Ezra "chokes a girl to the floor" Miller still has a job it sort of has to still be a part of the DCEU. How could it star the same actor and now be its own thing? If they hire someone who doesn't attack strangers
    then, like The Batman, it doesn't have to be part of the DCEU.
    If people can and will move on from Ben Affleck when Robert takes the Mantle. People will find it easier to move on from Ezra.I don't think DC will ASAP be firing him for the choking.
    WB would need to get a refined stylistic director. The dude from Blade Runner possibly.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 04-16-2020 at 02:51 PM.