Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think I agree with the concern that the tv show already covered most of the meaty parts of Barry Allen’s story. Even with other heroes who have been played by several actors like Batman and Spider-Man, it still seems there’s still a lot of fresh material to mine from since they can only use so many villains per movie and so far they tend to reboot with a fresh new version after 2-3 films. But the Flash show, while it can be flawed at times, took one version of Barry, followed him from the beginning of his career, had him fight the vast majority of his villains, got his dad out of jail, did time travel, the speed force, multiverse, married Iris, did Flashpoint and crisis, teamed up with Jay Garrick and a version of Wally West, and helped form some kind of Justice League. There is a lot of room for improvement and whatnot. But still they covered most of the juicy bits. I echo what others said, if it were up to me, I’d say they should finally give Wally a shot. But I’d they don’t, there are a few things they could do
    -The Rogues as a team
    -Have Hal Jordan be his best friend
    -Maybe use Daniel West instead of Eobard Thawne?
    -uhhhh blonde hair?

****, I couldn’t even come up with 5.

BANNED

Hope that they do not use a speedster as the enemy. The series had more than enough of that. If they try to sell another Version of Thrawne for example the movie has one more problem added.
    But I am not even sure this movie will ever get made. Even without Miller getting into trouble it would have been a hard sell after Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Very true. With everything going on with Covid-19 we may not see many cbm or films with 100m plus budgets for the next 1.5-2 years. We already see from Trolls that a film can do okay on streaming release but nowhere near theater run money, which would make it pretty hard for some films to make back their budget. Also, call me old fashioned but some films i want to see in theaters because of the experience itself can add another layer of excitement ti a film. Like WW84 i want to see that theaters on the big screen.
    Ya I do wonder wean movies are going to be out again people are saying November but I think 2022 or 2023 more likely.

What's fascinating to me is that I remember when they announced Ezra as the movie Flash. They did it on the same day the ratings for the premier of The Flash tv show came out, and completely overshadowed it. And a lot of people felt that was a disservice to Grant and the rest of the cast of the show, and I remember there being a lot of animosity towards Ezra for that back then.

Flash forward (no pun intended) to now. Ezra's had a supporting roll in one movie, cameos in two others, and a surprise cameo in Crisis. And now it's highly likely that he won't even be The Flash in the movie, if it ever gets made.

Also, people had wondered how a Flash movie would co-exist with the TV show. But now, it is highly possible that the TV show will end it's run before the movie even gets made, unless WB is able to extend Grant's contract for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What's fascinating to me is that I remember when they announced Ezra as the movie Flash. They did it on the same day the ratings for the premier of The Flash tv show came out, and completely overshadowed it. And a lot of people felt that was a disservice to Grant and the rest of the cast of the show, and I remember there being a lot of animosity towards Ezra for that back then.

Flash forward (no pun intended) to now. Ezra's had a supporting roll in one movie, cameos in two others, and a surprise cameo in Crisis. And now it's highly likely that he won't even be The Flash in the movie, if it ever gets made.

Also, people had wondered how a Flash movie would co-exist with the TV show. But now, it is highly possible that the TV show will end it's run before the movie even gets made, unless WB is able to extend Grant's contract for a few more years.
    And the TV show has basically covered practically any major Flash storyline the movie would plan to get to, more or less.

The only thing the movie can do, and the one thing the TV show never really pulled off, is The Rogues at this point.

Mighty Member

In order to differentiate a movie Barry Allen from the tv one they need a JWS type actor for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Also, in my opinion, they need to do something spectacular and original with a Flash movie, not just rehash the same Reverse Flash killed his mother plot or Crisis plot that have already been done. I think Miller's Flash was okay but most people who say they like it best then admit they've never watched the show, in my experience.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the TV show has basically covered practically any major Flash storyline the movie would plan to get to, more or less.

The only thing the movie can do, and the one thing the TV show never really pulled off, is The Rogues at this point.
    That's not really a problem most people haven't seen any of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's not really a problem most people haven't seen any of the show.
    I dunno, the show seems pretty popular. I feel like that's hard to quantify in a world where it's also on Netflix.

Even if it's not present with the average movie-goer, from an adaption standpoint it's still an issue in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, the show seems pretty popular. I feel like that's hard to quantify in a world where it's also on Netflix.

Even if it's not present with the average movie-goer, from an adaption standpoint it's still an issue in my opinion.
    It's popular but with a small number of people it's never going to be one of those shows ever one has seen.

It's popular but with a small number of people it's never going to be one of those shows ever one has seen.
    I mean thats nice but its still anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I mean thats nice but its still anecdotal.
    Come on man it's not game of thrones or breaking bad I wish everyone would have seen it but that's just not true maybe they have seen a few episodes or know the show exists but the vast majority of people haven't seen any of it.

Come on man it's not game of thrones or breaking bad I wish everyone would have seen it but that's just not true maybe they have seen a few episodes or know the show exists but the vast majority of people haven't seen any of it.
    Do you have numbers? Cause again your just saying stuff and comparing it to two of the best selling tv shows is ridiculous. Thats some straight up "if it isnt 110% better its garbage" logic. You don't have to be up their with record breakers to be popular

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Do you have numbers? Cause again your just saying stuff and comparing it to two of the best selling tv shows is ridiculous. Thats some straight up "if it isnt 110% better its garbage" logic. You don't have to be up their with record breakers to be popular
    I'm not saying it isn't popular I'm saying it isn't a top show sure a lot of people have seen the show but compared to BB or GOT people would talk about those shows in my office or on street on talk shows etc a lot of people have seen the flash sure but not so many that it would effect a flash movie that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying it isn't popular I'm saying it isn't a top show sure a lot of people have seen the show but compared to BB or GOT people would talk about those shows in my office or on street on talk shows etc a lot of people have seen the flash sure but not so many that it would effect a flash movie that's just my opinion.
    According to Showbuzz, the Flash is currently drawing in 0.7% of the adult, 18-49 year old audience, which is a new low and the only stat I could find. But this is no longer the days of three networks. Nowadays, a show that brings in 5% of the viewing audience is a phenomenal success. On the flipside, even at it's best, the Flash has an audience of a few million people. Even a movie like Justice League that flopped probably drew in at least thirty million people. This is a guess based on how much it made domestically. Yes, people are aware of the Flash show but that doesn't mean they watch it. It's the same reason the MCU movies ignore Agents of Shield. The number of viewers is insignificant compared to the numbers that will go see a movie.

I like the show. But this isn't about "I like the show". It's just reality. As you said, we aren't talking about Game of Thrones or the X-Files. we're talking, in the strict sense, about a relatively obscure small network show.
    Power with Girl is better.