Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Can a movie be a mess and be good at the same time?
    It can be overstuffed yet still entertaining, if that's what you mean

BANNED

That's a seriously deformed torso. Guessing there's a CGI cape

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    That SG costume reminds me of Spider-Man somehow, not a fan.
    A Supergirl costume without the skirt looks weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    That's a seriously deformed torso. Guessing there's a CGI cape
    There is another picture of her standing with a cape, but it is really poor quality. From what I can make out, it looks like it drapes over the shoulders, probably resting over where the red on the uniform is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A Supergirl costume without the skirt looks weird to me.
    I never understood why she wore one in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    ...because it looks good?
    I don't get this new idea that there's something wrong with skirts. We're a weirdly pro-pants culture.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...because it looks good?
    I don't get this new idea that there's something wrong with skirts. We're a weirdly pro-pants culture.
    Because women should be able to wear pants. Most superheroines are drawn like female stereotypes anyway

Because women should be able to wear pants. Most superheroines are drawn like female stereotypes anyway
    Sure women can wear pants, but they can also wear skirts if they like .

This reminds me of the Supergirl reddit that got kind of obsessed with pants but then did a poll where the skirt costume won .

No one said women shouldn't be able to wear pants - but the reverse isn't good either. Because women can wear pants, no woman should ever wear a skirt? Most superheroines don't wear skirts either. Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Batgirl, Zatanna, She-Hulk, Raven, Sue Storm, Vixen, Spider-Girl, Bumblebee. Pretty much it's just been Supergirl and Mary Marvel consistently, and sometimes Wonder Woman. Yes, women should be able to wear pants, but no one has ever said otherwise - we're just saying they can wear skirts too, and we personally like the versions of Supergirl with a skirt better.

Ultimate Member

Sure women can wear pants, but they can also wear skirts if they like .

This reminds me of the Supergirl reddit that got kind of obsessed with pants but then did a poll where the skirt costume won .
    Um yeah, anyone can wear whatever they want. It's not limited to women

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No one said women shouldn't be able to wear pants - but the reverse isn't good either. Because women can wear pants, no woman should ever wear a skirt? Most superheroines don't wear skirts either. Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Batgirl, Zatanna, She-Hulk, Raven, Sue Storm, Vixen, Spider-Girl, Bumblebee. Pretty much it's just been Supergirl and Mary Marvel consistently, and sometimes Wonder Woman. Yes, women should be able to wear pants, but no one has ever said otherwise - we're just saying they can wear skirts too, and we personally like the versions of Supergirl with a skirt better.
    Yeah, but how does that make society pro-pants? I don't see the point in complaining about female characters not conforming to outdated gender norms

Um yeah, anyone can wear whatever they want. It's not limited to women
    Exactly .
    Yeah, but how does that make society pro-pants? I don't see the point in complaining about female characters not conforming to outdated gender norms
    Well, I think it's less a matter of conforming and more something from a visual standpoint, but that also gets into character preconceptions and personal opinion.

If Wonder Woman can wear a skirt on the big screen, I think it's fine for Supergirl to wear a skirt.

Ultimate Member

Exactly .

Well, I think it's less a matter of conforming and more something from a visual standpoint, but that also gets into character preconceptions and personal opinion.

If Wonder Woman can wear a skirt on the big screen, I think it's fine for Supergirl to wear a skirt.
    Of course it's fine, as is her not doing so. I just don't get the appeal of costumes based on gendered thinking. I don't see anyone clamoring for male heroes in skirts

No one was complaining about female characters not conforming to outdated gender norms - we were complaining about the lack of a skirt for Supergirl purely because we prefer that sort of costume for that particular character, and someone (you?) made a comment that made it seem like she and no superheroine should wear a skirt in today's world because somehow that's conforming to an outdated gender norm. And I just simply disagree that liking one particular character's costume to incorporate a skirt is automatically some semi-sexist rant about how women should wear skirts. I'm not asking for Black Widow or Captain Marvel or Storm or Batgirl to skirt up - just Supergirl, a character who has worn a skirt more often than not in her history. What's wrong with that?

Of course it's fine, as is her not doing so. I just don't get the appeal of costumes based on gendered thinking. I don't see anyone clamoring for male heroes in skirts
    I mean, fashion is fashion, so...isn't that what it comes down to at the end of the day?

If we ever got a live action Marvel Hercules, I'd expect him to wear a skirt.