Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The Phoenix would gather all of its pieces, by bringing everyone who had ever been touched by it. There’d be a cosmic scale war, with all of the galactic empires striving to keep the Phoenix from returning. Badly damaging the Phoenix Force, the only way Jean can return is if one of the Phoenix’s avatars make a sacrifice. Rachel decides to be the one, because she loves and misses her mom. So touched by Rachel’s selfless sacrifice, the Phoenix returns Jean, as well as a de-aged Rachel, of about 16, holding, and being held by Jean, bathed in cosmic fire.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Editorial's original concept for Jean coming back before Rosenberg got his hands on Phoenix Resurrection was not an inherently bad one. A large-scale event involving the Phoenix Force on a cosmic scale choosing Jean Grey as it's host and involving her in interstellar politics involving the Shi'Ar Imperium, the X-men, and even the greater Marvel universe as a whole would have been a wonderful idea. Have Jean choose not to host the Phoenix Force at the end, after all the epic battles and all of the fighting is said and done, or have the Phoenix somehow unable to be sustained within a host or no longer want to. That way X-Men Red can continue to happen as it was and allow Jean to embrace her natural abilities on their own and grow into a leader of mutantkind in her on right.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I hate that they continue to give the Phoenix "Force" a persona.

I guess they present Death as a persona too, but at least Death doesn't speak and doesn't bargain with people.

BANNED

Her return should have been in AvX.

They finally force the Phoenix Force on Hope against her wishes and she ends up rezzing the real Phoenix instead of being forced to take that on herself.

Jean indefinitely, indeterminately exhausts the upper limits of her Phoenix powers in the effort of undoing No More Mutants, leaving the force gone, but still in position to be pulled back in if a big idea comes along.

Jean retains her name and White Phoenix costume.

No schmuck comes along and retcons her into not being a powerful telekinetic.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-06-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Nevermind

I agree Jean should’ve been brought back in a VERY DIFFERENT Avengers vs X-Men.

Maybe Krakoa happens sooner, like Xavier’s death triggers Krakoa, and HE pops out of the first egg. But now we’re establishing that Moira managed to figure out Sinister’s cloning tech.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-06-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

They finally force the Phoenix Force on Hope against her wishes and she ends up rezzing the real Phoenix instead of being forced to take that on herself.

Jean indefinitely, indeterminately exhausts the upper limits of her Phoenix powers in the effort of undoing No More Mutants, leaving the force gone, but still in position to be pulled back in if a big idea comes along.

I hadn't thought of that! It definitely would have made a lot of the nonsense in AvX worth it if Jean had come back. What role do you think she would've played in the Marvel Now era?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I hadn't thought of that! It definitely would have made a lot of the nonsense in AvX worth it if Jean had come back. What role do you think she would've played in the Marvel Now era?
    I'd put her on an Omega X-Men team, fighting new and old high-powered threats. I think a space coalition would come for her after the Phoenix wiped out planets on the way to earth, with Jean facing the emotional weight of "Phoenix Work". Then, once that Revenge Against the Phoenix arc finished, Jean, Magneto, Storm, Quire, Wolverine because I like him, and a couple of other beaucoup powerful folks who would get wrapped up in events of the opening arc would find themselves as the go-to for the world-ending threats. Jean would captain that team.

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't. It was poorly thought out, ruined a classic story, and ruined several other characters, Just a terrible decision which Claremont was right to be furious at.

As for recently, I again probably wouldn't have done it except with the Krakoa egg thing since death being meaningless is now a major plotpoint,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I wouldn't. It was poorly thought out, ruined a classic story, and ruined several other characters, Just a terrible decision which Claremont was right to be furious at.

As for recently, I again probably wouldn't have done it except with the Krakoa egg thing since death being meaningless is now a major plotpoint,
    The great irony of Jean's return "ruining other characters" is that writers still, even in this modern age of nearly complete women's lib, won't let go of the unspoken rule that Jean HAS TO be with Cyclops if she is going to be alive.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 04-06-2020 at 10:36 PM.

The great irony of Jean's return "ruining other characters" is that writers still, even in this modern age of nearly complete women's lib, won't let go of the unspoken rule that Jean HAS TO be with Cyclops if she is going to be alive.
    It’s disappointing that Jean didn’t get to explore other relationships in the time that she was alive and Scott was dead. I was actually hoping that she was gonna fill the rotating spot on Aaron’s Avengers team at some point.

I'd put her on an Omega X-Men team, fighting new and old high-powered threats. I think a space coalition would come for her after the Phoenix wiped out planets on the way to earth, with Jean facing the emotional weight of "Phoenix Work". Then, once that Revenge Against the Phoenix arc finished, Jean, Magneto, Storm, Quire, Wolverine because I like him, and a couple of other beaucoup powerful folks who would get wrapped up in events of the opening arc would find themselves as the go-to for the world-ending threats. Jean would captain that team.
    You're hired !

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Same. I would’ve waited until House of X and had the opening with Scott and Jean bursting out of their eggs be their official return.
    This would have made House of X even more epic, but tbh I didn't mind Phoenix Resurrection. My only issue with it was Jean totally rebuking the Phoenix at the end, I would've liked it more if she acknowledged that being the Phoenix was her ultimate destiny but that she wanted the chance to live life on her own terms for now. Phoenix obliges and flies away, the end.

Jean's return didn't ruined other characters, Cyclops is one of the biggest characters on x-men comics.

Just a excuse to keep women in refrigerators

No schmuck comes along and retcons her into not being a powerful telekinetic.
    I think it would be the perfect end for the crossover>

Jean is back and mutant gene re-activate.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Claremont wanted Jean to live. It was the editor that wanted her dead.

Claremont was furious because of maddie-Scott
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-07-2020 at 08:57 AM.

These all sound like great ideas and would provide the closure to Jean’s time as the White Phoenix of the Crown, that Phoenix Resurrection did not provide.

Marvel should publish a mini series that gaps the time between Jean’s death and resurrection. It would explore the mythology of the white hot room, the role of the Phoenix hosts, and ‘dance between the drops of continuity’ to show Jean’s Phoenix work after Her death in HCT, through AvX, and Secret Wars. The destruction of the old 616 universe and the rebirth of the new Marvel Prime universe could be the catalyst that resurrected adult Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Jean adjusted the timeline from the White Hot Room in Here Comes Tomorrow. She made one small change and was able to prevent a bad end timeline.

I guess that's pretty similar to Moira's 10 lives
    I MUCH prefer Jean Phoenix as the reincarnating mutant rather than the change of Moira from human ally to secret mutant all along plot...