Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
  1. #1
    Amazing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    42

    Default How would you have resurrected Jean?

    I was reminded about my disappoint with Phoenix Resurrection by another thread about Rosenberg's X-Men runs. How do you all feel about this story? If you could change it, how would you have resurrected Jean?

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,643

    Default

    Omitting Rosenberg? All the dead would be brought back via the resurrection protocols.

    - cyclops
    - wolverine
    - jean grey
    - banshee
    - nightcrawler
    - betsy braddock

    ETC

    Or are you talking about the original Jamaica Bay retcon?

  3. #3
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Same. I would’ve waited until House of X and had the opening with Scott and Jean bursting out of their eggs be their official return.

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member ERON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    229

    Default

    If we're talking about the original resurrection from the '80s, I would have revealed that after dying on the moon, Jean was reincarnated sans powers and memories as Madelyne Pryor. I think that would have been so much simpler than what we ended up getting instead.

  5. #5
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    I would had hated for Jean only be ressurrected with Hickman, Red was a great book for her

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    I wouldn't...I would have respected Byrne's decision and kept her dead after committing suicide on the moon to stop the Phoenix. X-Factor could have been done with Rachel Summers in her place and Scott not abandoning his wife and daughter like a complete scumbag.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Same. I would’ve waited until House of X and had the opening with Scott and Jean bursting out of their eggs be their official return.
    Exactly. Should have been the return of both of them, and also Wolverine and pretty much anyone that was dead.

  8. #8
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I wouldn't...I would have respected Byrne's decision and kept her dead after committing suicide on the moon to stop the Phoenix. X-Factor could have been done with Rachel Summers in her place and Scott not abandoning his wife and daughter like a complete scumbag.
    Byrne i snot better than Claremont, so I don't care about what he thinks. He even had a story about her living, it was Shooter decision

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Byrne i snot better than Claremont, so I don't care about what he thinks. He even had a story about her living, it was Shooter decision
    Whoever made the call...I am not a fan of the revolving door to the afterlife. There should be a well reasoned discussion on the merits of a death....and when the decision has been made it should stay that way. Now if the do a 'fake the death' like happened with John Walker...or happened with Bucky after it came out who he was....then fine. But a real death like Jean or Kurt or anyone it should stick.

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    296

    Default

    I think I would have kept her dead from the beginning. Maybe at the most reincarnated her either as Hope or she would have been in the place of Moira in HOX/DOX.

    As far as the Phoenix Resurrection story i might have made it something else if I just had to tell a Jean/Phoenix story.....my best shot would be to explore the White Hot Room as some sort of afterlife for Phoenix hosts and their loved ones and maybe even those who have been consumed by it. When we last heard anything about Jean she was supposed to be gathering up all the pieces of the Phoenix or something. So have it that there's a rebellion of sorts against Jean the White Crown of the Phoenix, in that some other Phoenix users want to "burn away" what isn't working. Meaning they want to destroy Earth and the main reality for whatever reason. These rogue Phoenix host are on a mission to do this and Jean along with her former teammates has to stop them. So maybe you get those folks from the old Malibu universe and other host like Amber Hunt, Necrom, Fongji, Diamanda Nero, Foxfire, Prime.

  11. #11
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,488

    Default

    I dunno, CPR?

  12. #12
    Amazing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Same. I would’ve waited until House of X and had the opening with Scott and Jean bursting out of their eggs be their official return.
    Yeah that definitely would have been an epic introduction to the resurrection protocols. At the very least I think that Hickman should have shown us the resurrections of some of the recently killed mutants from Rosencanny as in introduction.

  13. #13
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah that definitely would have been an epic introduction to the resurrection protocols. At the very least I think that Hickman should have shown us the resurrections of some of the recently killed mutants from Rosencanny as in introduction.
    Well, he didn’t want to reveal the resurrection protocols from page one.

  14. #14
    Amazing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I think I would have kept her dead from the beginning. Maybe at the most reincarnated her either as Hope or she would have been in the place of Moira in HOX/DOX.
    Could you elaborate on how you would have Jean take Moira's place?

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Could you elaborate on how you would have Jean take Moira's place?
    Jean adjusted the timeline from the White Hot Room in Here Comes Tomorrow. She made one small change and was able to prevent a bad end timeline.

    I guess that's pretty similar to Moira's 10 lives

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •