Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    If Jean is so easy to miss, why is there such a tight restriction on who she is allowed to interact with and interact with? Lmao
    Glad you went there.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Why would you think such a thing?
    Anyone that doesn't worship the ground Jean walks on and doesn't think she's the most perfect character ever hates her.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Why would you think such a thing?
    Years of writers mocking the fans and the character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I would’ve waited until House of X and had the opening with Scott and Jean bursting out of their eggs be their official return.
    Oh 100%. Bringing Scott back via Extermination and then using him through Uncanny was questionable, and didn't do a lot to break away from the revolutionary (and controversial) Cyclops we were given in years prior. And despite being in a book where Wolverine, Havok, Emma etc. were all present, I don't think the reunions were done very well. There should definitely have been more tension and intensive conversation held there.

Phoenix Resurrection I think had an interesting premise, in being a more grounded take and more of a character examination, but it quickly fizzled out and its execution wasn't all that great in the end. Ofc that book ended up transitioning over into X-Men Red, which was pretty spectacular as a whole (I've only a couple gripes with it) and I think it was a nice fresh take on Jean and I loved seeing how she interacted with her team there (both new and old members).

The Return of Wolverine/Hunt for Wolverine was pretty messy too and was a really lackluster way for one of Marvels most recognizable characters to return, so Logan's revival should have waited too. Can you imagine the fan reaction to Scott, Jean & Logan all coming back at once? Not to mention we could've had a good couple of years prior where a whole bunch of other characters could have risen up in their stead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Glad you went there.
    Always.

Jean's a symbol of femininity and it shows.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ugh, the whole resurrections/comebacks were such a disappointment. Everyone getting all chummy again over years of bitterness and fighting, especially the Logan/Scott/Jean/Emma stuff.

I also sort of felt cheated when Kurt came back as well where everything was swept under the rug where they did their most to shock Kurt just before he died. It seems these writers don't feel what I feel is interesting stories/drama. Its frustrating.

Also, do that many actually see Jean as perfection? Because I honestly haven't seen it.

If Jean is so easy to miss, why is there such a tight restriction on who she is allowed to interact with and interact with? Lmao
    right? that is something I have been noticing

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Oh 100%. Bringing Scott back via Extermination and then using him through Uncanny was questionable, and didn't do a lot to break away from the revolutionary (and controversial) Cyclops we were given in years prior. And despite being in a book where Wolverine, Havok, Emma etc. were all present, I don't think the reunions were done very well. There should definitely have been more tension and intensive conversation held there.

Phoenix Resurrection I think had an interesting premise, in being a more grounded take and more of a character examination, but it quickly fizzled out and its execution wasn't all that great in the end. Ofc that book ended up transitioning over into X-Men Red, which was pretty spectacular as a whole (I've only a couple gripes with it) and I think it was a nice fresh take on Jean and I loved seeing how she interacted with her team there (both new and old members).

The Return of Wolverine/Hunt for Wolverine was pretty messy too and was a really lackluster way for one of Marvels most recognizable characters to return, so Logan's revival should have waited too. Can you imagine the fan reaction to Scott, Jean & Logan all coming back at once? Not to mention we could've had a good couple of years prior where a whole bunch of other characters could have risen up in their stead.
    Their returns were really wasted, it could have been bigger an dmore satisfyinh
    Last edited by spirit2011; 04-08-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Too late to register my vote? I would not have brought Jean back. I love the character, but X-Men 137 would have been the last time we see her.

BANNED

I sugested that jean joined the avengers so she can leave the books for a couple of years, i wouldnt miss her at all and the shenanigans an aaron phoenix would create are already hilarious whenever I see odin thirsting over a cosmic force
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-09-2020 at 03:08 AM.

BANNED

I'd just keep some of what Rosenberg did, but stopping with the amnesia at the first half of the second issue. The following two issues would be the X-Men on their quest while you have more Jean vs Phoenix. Fourth issue has more meaningful interactions between Jean and the X-Men. Keep the Cyclops and the breakup with the bird parts. End it with a happier tone instead of Rosenberg's standard "X-Men need crippling depression". Four issues would be enough.

I'll be honest, Jean should have come back at the end of Phoenix Endsong, after coalescing into the white phoenix at last she could be reborn and be White Phoenix, or perhaps the Phoenix goes it's own way and she's just back as Jean Grey! Either way she should have been restored in Phoenix Endsong!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The "-song" minis were terrible, IMHO, and happened way too soon after Jean Grey's Planet X death. Maybe if they were used as preamble for AvX I'd feel different.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The "-song" minis were terrible, IMHO, and happened way too soon after Jean Grey's Planet X death. Maybe if they were used as preamble for AvX I'd feel different.
    yeah the endsong and warsong were both awful, written by Greg Pak . endsong basically exists to humiliate Jean

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would have stuck to the plan of having Hope be a resurrected/reincarnated Jean Grey.
    Do all the future time traveling adventures with Cable but eventually return to the 616 as an adult...sans Pheonix Force.

The caveat for Jean giving up being a White Phoenix of the Crown to return to the X-Men would be having to relinquish her connection to the cosmic force.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I would have had the Phoenix Force drop her on the lawn of the X-Mansion, nearly powerless, and spending the next few years relearning her powers and the reader learning what she did for the Phoenix to get another chance at life.