Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default The Nik Hasta Work From Home Fight Zone - Scenario Edition

Welp, my capacity at work has decreased so I've got a lot more free time, I've done some housework, I read a chapter in the book I'm reading and tooled around on Twitter for... uh... a while.

SO!

I'm gonna make some elaborate fight scenarios with a bent to focusing more on strategy and gimmicks.

1) Scavenger Hunt - Find the Curios in the bowels of Hell Salem's Lot!

Location: Hell Salem's Lot from Blood Blockade Battleground. As this is niche location - in brief it is a fusion of contemporary New York and an extradimensional hell dimension that has stablised into a regular community. There are creatures, demons, werewolves, vampires, giant monsters, a lot of underground crime and a whole lot of regular folk just trying to get by. It is chaotic and seldom without crisis but is also a thriving multicultural metropolis.

Trailer for a sense of the place:

The Contestants

Team Detectors of the Night (The Bat Clan)
    Batman
    Nightwing
    Red Robin
    Robin (Damien Wayne)
    Black Bat
    Oracle

Team Extremely Sensitive
    Daredevil
    Spider-Man
    Wolverine
    Elektra
    Fantomex
    Nightcrawler

The Scenario

This will be a touch conceptual, so bear with me. Each team is given a list of 24 clues to 24 objects that they must retrieve within a 24 hour time limit. These can range from everyday to the arcane and will test skills from combat, to charm, stealth, breaking and entering, detective work and a little dumb luck. The objects are spread throughout the city and will involve covering a lot of ground.

Each team gets a base at opposite ends of the city with internet connections for research. They also get a copy of their opponent's clues and they will be searching at the same time.

Which team wins the scavenger hunt?

-------------------------------------------------

2) Competitive Race - Hunt the BIGGEST Game!

Location: The Forbidden Wasteland from Shadow of the Colossus

The Contestants

Kraven the Hunter versus Guts the Black Swordsman (No Berserker Armour)

The Scenario

Kraven and Guts are both dropped into the central temple with their standard gear, Kraven is given a suitable sword should he need it. They are informed that they must defeat the twelve colossi and that whoever defeats the most wins. They are given identical immortal horses and an object that will point to whichever colossus they desire to go after. The horse will always return to them if they lose it as will the seeker object.

They are given a list of the twelve and a very rough description of what they are and are given five minutes to choose their order.

They must then try and take out as many as possible. Upon defeating a colossus, they are teleported back to the main temple as in the game. They cannot harm one another directly but they can mess with each other if they so choose.

Who gets the most notches on their respective belts? Can they do it?

3) Competitive Artistic Expression

Location: A couple of multi-purpose art spaces that stand opposite each other in contemporary Los Angeles. Each art space contains resources and materials to provide for the creation of almost any real-world art form (Painting, sculpture, film, theatre, dance, etc.) There is also a library of curated texts containing practical guides and histories of all art movements in the contemporary world. Further to that, there is a good supply of unknown and reasonably talented actors to bring on board for theatre work but all primary roles must be played by members of the team.

The Contestants

Team "Bad Mood"
    Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation
    Spawn
    Hordak (She-Ra Netflix Reboot)
    Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
    Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
    Bruce Banner (Marvel 616)

Team "Good Times"
    Deadpool (Marvel 616)
    Tyrion Lannister (Composite of book and TV show)
    Kamado Tanjiro (Demon Slayer)
    Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
    Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
    Clark Kent (Mainline DCU)

The Scenario
    Each group has six months of studio time to put together an artistic showcase. They can choose to create whatever kind of art they want, they can work together if they choose or they can all work alone. They can approach any theme but it has been made clear that the works have to compliment each other enough so that the exhibition feels like it makes sense.

Their work will be assessed and the winner decided by the following judges:

- Dream of the Endless
    - The Doctor (Doctor Who, current iteration)
    - Doctor Strange (616 Marvel)
    - Miles Morales (Into the Spider-Verse iteration)
    - Abed Nadir (Community end of series version)

Neither side can interfere with the other but they can, if they are invited, look at each other's work during the six month period. There is a communal living space that they all make use of and they are encouraged to have meals together. No one can significantly hurt each other and attempts to intentionally sabotage the other side will not work.

Who makes the most interesting artwork and takes the prize of best exhibition?

I may add more as the mood takes me but this will do for now.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

OK, for part one, the team with all the superpowers ought to win, for multiple reasons:

1. The sense advantage already is big. Spider Sense is helpful and DD's senses are going to be good for a huge number of them.

2. If they need to charm someone, they've got Matt and Elektra for that.

3. If they can't figure out the clue, if the other team discusses out loud what they are doing, Daredevil hears, and they have a teleporter and three full on bullet-timers on their team to make sure they get the item or goal first.

4. There are dangerous things here, and team Sense is vastly better in combat than team Bat. Team Bat is more likely to lose members on the way to a goal.

5. Finally, even if Team Bat doesn't communicate, Matt can follow any of them trivially, and again, they have a teleporter and three solid bullet-timers here to get stuff first.

Annnnd... rereading it seems that the teams do not get the same list of goals, but they get their opponents list of goals. This guarantees that Team Sense wins, simply by preventing team Bat from getting things. Hell, they can split to two groups, one with everyone not named "Matt" and "Kurt" hunting for their stuff, and the other being Matt tracking team Bat and Kurt acting as transport and thievery.

For round 2, it's been a long time since I played that game. I think Kraven should be excellent at this in general, I'd give him the slight edge, as I'd say he has a speed and stealth edge.

For round 3, I have no real idea, but given that there is a time limit, I'd bet on the side with a superspeedster. Team 2 for the win.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

For round 2, Kraven should be the superior hunter and tracker but my second hand knowledge of Guts suggests that he is better suited at kicking Colossi butt.

My gut says Guts. Lol.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

For 2 I say Gutts. His endurance is legendary, he moves in combat pretty damn fast, insane strength and soak. Plus he knows how to use a horse ( Did so in golden age arc.)

As far as the art thing, the only team that seems to have anyone with actual genuine artistic ability worth noting is the one with Clark, as he actually is a legitimately talented writer who has won awards for the quality of his writing. That gives them the only odds of producing something worth a damn at the end of that time (I dunno, a play, some kind of dramatic reading spoken word monologue thing, put up like a giant monograph for the audience to read, what all ever). Unless I'm missing something about the other characters and their more obscure talents.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 04-07-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    As far as the art thing, the only team that seems to have anyone with actual genuine artistic ability worth noting is the one with Clark, as he actually is a legitimately talented writer who has won awards for the quality of his writing. That gives them the only odds of producing something worth a damn at the end of that time (I dunno, a play, some kind of dramatic reading spoken word monologue thing, put up like a giant monograph for the audience to read, what all ever). Unless I'm missing something about the other characters and their more obscure talents.
    Pretty sure Miles has some sweet graffiti skills for what it's worth.

Edit: F! Apparently hes a judge. Skimmed that scenario.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    OK, for part one, the team with all the superpowers ought to win, for multiple reasons:

1. The sense advantage already is big. Spider Sense is helpful and DD's senses are going to be good for a huge number of them.

2. If they need to charm someone, they've got Matt and Elektra for that.

3. If they can't figure out the clue, if the other team discusses out loud what they are doing, Daredevil hears, and they have a teleporter and three full on bullet-timers on their team to make sure they get the item or goal first.

4. There are dangerous things here, and team Sense is vastly better in combat than team Bat. Team Bat is more likely to lose members on the way to a goal.

5. Finally, even if Team Bat doesn't communicate, Matt can follow any of them trivially, and again, they have a teleporter and three solid bullet-timers here to get stuff first.

Annnnd... rereading it seems that the teams do not get the same list of goals, but they get their opponents list of goals. This guarantees that Team Sense wins, simply by preventing team Bat from getting things. Hell, they can split to two groups, one with everyone not named "Matt" and "Kurt" hunting for their stuff, and the other being Matt tracking team Bat and Kurt acting as transport and thievery.
    Couple of points.

First, while they have each other's lists, the teams don't know who each other are or their base locations and Hell Salem's Lot is full of weird supernatural people doing weird stuff, so I'm quite dubious on them being able to instantly know who to track and shutting them out. The locale was chosen so Team Senses would have a lot of background radiation to curb their natural advantages somewhat.

Second, is Matt specifically charming? Elektra, I can believe because she is trained in it but Matt is noted at being good at that stuff? Especially in a Daredevil outfit as is his default here.

Third, they do have a time limit and ultimately their victory is decided on how many of their list they get. If they divide their efforts, this could come back to bite them if they are unsuccessful in preventing a more singularly focused team on getting enough of their objects to seal the win.

Fourth, all the lists are clues/riddles that require solving. It's not like either team will just have a list of 24 places their opponent will be. They require solving and that's more time spent on other people's clues than their own.

For round 3, I have no real idea, but given that there is a time limit, I'd bet on the side with a superspeedster. Team 2 for the win.
    Clark's speed isn't as potent as it could be because he has to work with his team. They aren't as fast as him so it's unlikely that his personal speed will be a huge advantage. Also, it's not really a race. They have six months to come up with stuff, it's more about teamwork and expression.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    For round 2, Kraven should be the superior hunter and tracker but my second hand knowledge of Guts suggests that he is better suited at kicking Colossi butt.

My gut says Guts. Lol.
    Physically, they aren't actually too disimilar. Kraven can rumble, somewhat effectively with Spider-Man which means he's probably about as strong as Guts is. Kraven does have him beat in terms of agility which is a big factor of fighting the Colossi but Guts has stamina on his side and a much better ability to just cope with big damage.

I think the order they choose to approach them is also important. Some Colossi are much easier than others, some are in very difficult places to reach. Malus shoots explosive rockets at you from a distance. There's a lot of room for strategy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Remember the work as to be collaborative. Clark can write a monologue for himself or even for the others but they have to think about what is the most interesting use of all of their talents and they all have to contribute to it.

Also, I don't know if someone like say, Deadpool, would want to just stick to a script written like someone by Clark.

Remember the work as to be collaborative. Clark can write a monologue for himself or even for the others but they have to think about what is the most interesting use of all of their talents and they all have to contribute to it.

Also, I don't know if someone like say, Deadpool, would want to just stick to a script written like someone by Clark.
    Sure, but everything else being equal, at least team b has someone with any meaningful artistic talent to team a's zero none.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

As far as Matt being charming, it's been a point brought up repeatedly over the years that he is, though I don't recall any specific issues. Most women he winds up with are regarded as spectacular. And of course he is universally regarded as one of the best trial lawyers in Marvel, and has an ability to get juries on his side.

He also has the ability to cheat, to some extent, as he can sense if someone is uncomfortable, hiding something, lying, avoiding something, liking or disliking the course of discussion, etc., just by how their bodies react. So if it's not going well in one direction, he can turn in another immediately, and he is clearly eloquent enough to do so.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan