Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Curt Connors/ The Lizard Appreciation 2020

Here are links to the earlier Lizard appreciation threads...
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t=Appreciation
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...d-Appreciation

The concept art has come out for what the Lizard was supposed to look like in first Amazing Spider-Man film.

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...d-concept-art/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

LOL! All-time favorite animated moment was when Spidey directed lizard to "take his medicine"...

It was so hilarious, they made an encore presentation in Season 3 (while using the same footage from Season 1):

There's an issue of Spidey Super Stories where Lizard grows to giant sized and goes Godzilla through the city. Why that was never done in a more serious comic or cartoon, I'll never know.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There's an issue of Spidey Super Stories where Lizard grows to giant sized and goes Godzilla through the city. Why that was never done in a more serious comic or cartoon, I'll never know.

It was actually a plot in the 2017 Spider-Man series. I think it was the second "Rise of Doc Ock" episode.

Speaking of that show, Dr. Connors is back on the newest season, and seems to have an agenda of his own.

Mighty Member

When it comes to the Lizard, do you prefer feral beast or intelligent monster?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    It depends on the execution. I was more used to the intelligent monster of the early comics/90's cartoon, but stuff like Spec made good use of the feral beast.

Mighty Member

Feral beast. I always thought the split personality angle, as classic as it is, was a bit hokey for him.

Again, I think it depends on the execution. I wouldn't have been surprised if Spec had eventually made The Lizard smarter when they got around to turning Connors again.

Funnily enough Dee Bradley Baker has voiced both versions of The Lizard.

Interesting question. I do like the post-Shed take on the character as intelligent but with primal instincts.

As Frontier said, it depends on the execution. Some of my favorite stories have Curt Connors barely managing to hold on to control (Amazing Spider-Man #102, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #127.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Here's a link to a gallery on Comic Art Fans that has 98% all Lizard art (sketches and original art) for anyone who wants to take a look at different artists interpretation of him.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...sp?gcat=127986

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NickerNacker View Post
    Here's a link to a gallery on Comic Art Fans that has 98% all Lizard art (sketches and original art) for anyone who wants to take a look at different artists interpretation of him.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...sp?gcat=127986
    Thanks. That's pretty cool.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It was actually a plot in the 2017 Spider-Man series. I think it was the second "Rise of Doc Ock" episode.
    Okay. Cool.

I never got into that series so I didn't know. One of these days I might check it out again.

An interesting take on the Lizard's lack of character growth when compared with other Spidey villains -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I disliked the Lizard's Tale for the same reasons this guy did, so I didn't mind the reversal. I can get why a mediocre story didn't inspire later writers to come up with follow-ups.

It is worth noting that recent developments with the character have taken into account what's gone on with the character since Shed.

Connors "died" in Shed. That version of the Lizard popped up in X-Men, and an arc of Slott's Big Time era run, where Connors was restored in the body of the Lizard, something that became relevant in Dying Wish and Superior Spider-Man. The return of his family built on his past losses, which were crucial to his role in Hunted.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets