Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Family Portrait by Bill Walko

walkox.jpg

Loving the intelligent placement of characters, given their primacy to the mythology. Loving that Kitty is put with her New Mutants peers. Surprised to see Gambit and Jubilee where they are, given I'd have put them in the Excalibur/80s X-additions. Still, it suggests their cultural weight, given the placement with Emma and Laura. Maybe films made an impact?

No Neal Shaara, Lifeguard or Slipstream, no Darwin, Petra, Sway. No Callisto, no Frenzy. It's funny he chose to place X-Factor opposite late 90s X-Men, when I think there's a lot more binding the X-Factor and X-Force casts. And Maggot was even a Gen Xer for a minute.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I’m adoring Emma’s pose, and Magneto with the twins at his side. I wish Storm was more dynamic, maybe in the air like Rogue. Overall, I really like the art style.

Ha niiiice. Very Nice... BendisXMen are missing right? No Triage, HijacK, Tempus or Morph
    5 lights aren't there either
    But I'm really upset about...
    No Artie, No Leech, No Rusty or Skids
    and
    Noooo Wizkid :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Agreed; the character placement shows real knowledge of the X-Men mythology. I have two commissions from Bill. He is very talented. He one of these for Teen Titans too. I was told him he should do a Marvel Universe or Avengers one.

Here is my updated commission version of this; its been hanging in my apartment (and signed by Chris Claremont!)...

I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ha niiiice. Very Nice... BendisXMen are missing right? No Triage, HijacK, Tempus or Morph
    5 lights aren't there either
    But I'm really upset about...
    No Artie, No Leech, No Rusty or Skids
    and
    Noooo Wizkid :/
    Idie is on there

Yeah once you get past the year 2000, things seem to get based on artist preference.

BANNED

Is that Carol Danvers next to Chamber????

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Husk in the original red training suit with yellow piping.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Nah, looks like Husk/Paige

Not a huge fan of the art style, but it's a fun assemblage.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yeah once you get past the year 2000, things seem to get based on artist preference.
    It always is.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It always is.
    Was it you I was discussing the full-maturation of franchise occurred around 2000? And that everything since is desperation and nostalgia?

The Pretender!

BANNED

The fact some are missing shows the magnitude of the x-men that i think escapes some more casual viewers.
    also the stinkymoffs ruin everything, we cant have anything in this house : (

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Agreed; the character placement shows real knowledge of the X-Men mythology. I have two commissions from Bill. He is very talented. He one of these for Teen Titans too. I was told him he should do a Marvel Universe or Avengers one.

Here is my updated commission version of this; its been hanging in my apartment (and signed by Chris Claremont!)...

Love yours... I wish this was even bigger and had The New X-Men kids. I’m glad Sage is in your!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Was it you I was discussing the full-maturation of franchise occurred around 2000? And that everything since is desperation and nostalgia?
    Leaving out Cable and Emma Frost, it appears that the famous X-men lineups seem to end with the 1991/1992 (X-men #1/TAS) team. As in that being the point where all the most famous characters of the franchise have been established. So one could say 2000 is allready too generous. Everything past that does indeed seem to depend on the preference of the artist or editorial demand to put the current rosters into spotlight.
    Likewise most "classic X-men team" artwork end at the early 90's team, with the 00's and 10's having been unable to form a "classic" lineup for their decades.

I don't mean this to downplay additions from the last 2 decades, but just noticing that none seem to have become "classics" (save for X-23). With the most stable characters remaining those allready introduced until 1991.

Nostalgia both by readers and writers might indeed be a major reason here.