Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apocalypse (Movie) vs. Ancient One (MCU)

Apocalypse
    (X-Men: Apocalypse)

vs.

The Ancient One
    (MCU)

The Sorcerer Supreme versus The First Mutant. No Time Stone. Arena of Khazan. Who wins?

Blitz. Apoc gets his powers off first and cuts her body to shreds with her own clothing or some nonsense like that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yup, Poccy reacted to Quicksilver, and doesn't have so many feats that it shouldn't count, so he's waaaaaaay too fast for
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Can she even hurt him?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Can she even hurt him?
    She could soul tap him
    Out. But yeah he kills her way before that.

Can she even hurt him?
    Portal cuts are tricky but possible. Knocking his soul out of his body would finish it.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mirror dimension would also do it. But again, she has no chance to act here.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

What makes you think Apocalypse's default reaction time is Quicksilver-level? Mystique (posing as Psylocke) slashed Apocalypse's throat right before the latter could react.
    Last edited by Tomzilla; 04-07-2020 at 03:29 PM.

The issue is AO had to do time for her tricks. Movie Apic killed people of AI durability quickly, ranged and fast.

Like the people he begeaded in Egypt or the factory workers he murdered via ground suction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    What makes you think Apocalypse's default reaction time is Quicksilver-level? Mystique (posing as Psylocke) slashed Apocalypse's throat right before the latter could react.
    Basically we are more forgiving to characters with only a handful of feats. He has 1 movie.

When we claim... oh I dunno, that MCU Thor cant tank a star, it's because the dude had 3 solo films and 2 shared movies before that feat to establish a pretty reasonable baseline for what's an outlier or not.
    - big_adventure

It seemed like BASELINE Apocalypse's reaction speed was far from Quicksilver level - otherwise, Quicksilver wouldn't have been able to get as many hits on him as he did.

It took a while for Apocalypse to adjust his body and adapt to reacting to such speeds. And if it takes him some time to adjust, then starting off a battle he has a choice to either amp himself up to those speeds, or initiate an attack against Tilda Swinton, or if Tilda starts the match straight off with a Mirror Dimension dump, try and do something simultaneously to defend against/avoid/block Tilda from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    She got him off geard because she was posing as psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    It seemed like BASELINE Apocalypse's reaction speed was far from Quicksilver level - otherwise, Quicksilver wouldn't have been able to get as many hits on him as he did.

It took a while for Apocalypse to adjust his body and adapt to reacting to such speeds. And if it takes him some time to adjust, then starting off a battle he has a choice to either amp himself up to those speeds, or initiate an attack against Tilda Swinton, or if Tilda starts the match straight off with a Mirror Dimension dump, try and do something simultaneously to defend against/avoid/block Tilda from doing so.
    Those hits took place in less than a minute? so all he needed was a minute or so to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post

Quicky was still faster than Poccy - he just got careless because he didn't think Poccy was going to be able to react. But Poccy still reacted to Quicksilver mid-blitz, and Fox Quicksilver is a "thousands upon thousands mach" level speedster. So just reacting to that at all, even if his reaction was somewhat slow compared to Peter, still makes him thousands of times faster than The Tilda One.

Those hits took place in less than a minute? so all he needed was a minute or so to adapt.
    Those hits took place in a tiny fraction of a second. Don't forget how freaking fast Fox Quicksilver is.