Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't grant Poccy those reaction times right off the bat. It seems like an adaptation to getting beat on by Quicksilver.

If someone requires multiple hits to kill him, then yes it's usable. But if one shot sends apoc to the mirror dimension then it's pretty useless.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Yeah, Apoc clearly didn’t start off at that speed (or else he would have reacted to QS sooner). It was clearly something he ramped up too.

Which is still impressive, but would also explain why normies tag him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

It doesnt particularly matter if he starts at those speeds or not. He can clearly identify a threat and react to it (via ramping up or otherwise) in tiny fractions of a second. Like, very tiny.

In the first millisecond of the Rumble he "ramps up" to those levels (because it only took him a millisecond to do so) and then AO is dead.

It would be PIS for him to do any action other then boost himself, if indeed that's what he did, and then blitz her.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Yeah, Apoc clearly didn’t start off at that speed (or else he would have reacted to QS sooner). It was clearly something he ramped up too.

Which is still impressive, but would also explain why normies tag him.
    PIS or SMvFL are the main explanations for normies tagging people with vastly enhanced reflexes. This happens literally all the time.

To review, for anybody reading this out of a time capsule in the distant future, we go by high end feats consistent with presentation. Poccy is presented as a dude who has absorbed a VAST array of mutant powers over an immortal life. So presentation is fine: no reason to say that he HASN'T absorbed speed somewhere along the way. Then there are feats. His high-end feat here is: reacts to a blitzing Quicksilver.

It's not like he's been a main character in 15 films and suddenly it's a thing pulled from his butt after 14 films of being consistently blitzed, no, he does this the one time he needs to. So by Rumbles standards, it pretty much has to count.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Totally agree with big_adventure here.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

She just knocks his soul out of his body or traps him in the mirror dimension

Never saw apocalypse react physically to quicksilver, he used his powers to stop him and this was after he was getting hit several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    She just knocks his soul out of his body or traps him in the mirror dimension

Never saw apocalypse react physically to quicksilver, he used his powers to stop him and this was after he was getting hit several times.
    He literally looks at him mid-blitz and catches him with his powers mid-blitz. Pretty much the definition of "reacting to him."
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He literally looks at him mid-blitz and catches him with his powers mid-blitz. Pretty much the definition of "reacting to him."
    He was getting hit a bunch of times and did nothing till after what...the tenth hit? Yeah he reacted with his powers but it’s not like he reacted instantly

The ancient one hits him once and he’s done, or traps him

He was getting hit a bunch of times and did nothing till after what...the tenth hit? Yeah he reacted with his powers but it’s not like he reacted instantly

He reacted basically instantly from the perspective of the AO.

That blitz was happening at hundreds of times mach speed. He located the speedster and shut him down in tiny fractions of a second after the blitz began.

Like less then 1/10 of a second went by from first punch to trapping QS and that's being veeeeerry generous.
    - big_adventure

It's been said, but watch the film: it takes him a couple of microseconds perhaps, but he manages to process it and PRECISELY trap Quicksilver, then come over while still in laser time and break the dude's leg.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It's been said, but watch the film: it takes him a couple of microseconds perhaps, but he manages to process it and PRECISELY trap Quicksilver, then come over while still in laser time and break the dude's leg.
    Small correction, it drops back to real time after the leg trap. He walks over and breaks it at normal speed.

I dont think Apoc can run and jump around at super speed, just react and activate his powers at that level.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Small correction, it drops back to real time after the leg trap. He walks over and breaks it at normal speed.

I dont think Apoc can run and jump around at super speed, just react and activate his powers at that level.
    Ah, OK.

Yup, I just looked and confirmed it. The fog and stuff in the background is still moving pretty slowly, as are some things Magneto's bouncing around, but there is a fire behind them that is clearly flickering at normal speed.

To me it seemed like Apocalypse's power were kinda adaptive, so to speak.

He doesn't normaly (need to) move at super speed. But once he is attacked by a speedster, his body took just a matter of moments to adapt to it accordingly.