Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Jcogginsa's Randomized Tournament Round 1 Match 3: Stigmazilla vs. MunchKING

This will be a match in Round One of My Randomized Tournament, whose rules will be different from typical tournaments.

The Round will last until noon on Friday, at which point a vote will be held to determine the over all winner of the match.

Battles will take place in a generic city scape with no bystanders.

Additionally, the following universal caps will be in play to make things a bit more interesting

- Super speed will be capped at the ability to react to lightning (The slower stroke, to be specific). So no character will be able to move faster than that.
    - Destructive levels, whether via energy or physical effect, will be capped at mountain busting level. Durability will also be capped there.
    - All characters will be spotted a Generic Psychic Resistance ability based on their willpower.
    - There will be no Time-Travel to any point past the beginning of the round

Team Stigmazilla

1: Uzumaki Naruto
    11: Sasuke Uchiha
    21: Sakura Haruno
    33: Yoshikage Kira
    44: Stain
    55: Lex Luthor
    64: Gentle Criminal
    66: Loki
    77: Sonic the Hedgehog
    90: Shigeo 'Mob' Koyama

vs.

Team MunchKING

37: Pikachu
    175: Beerus
    231: Pinkie Pie
    251: Fluttershy
    261: Princess Luna
    291: Starlight Glimmer
    311: Sarah Conner
    348: Ghostfreak
    397: The Box Ghost
    490: Nicol Boias

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Beerus makes the opponent's team go BOOM. I know damage is capped, but so is their durability, which means one big DBZ "Boom" ought to catch all of them in the blast. Also Nichol Bolas has three words for you. "Destroy Target Creature". Nuff said really.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Beerus makes the opponent's team go BOOM. I know damage is capped, but so is their durability, which means one big DBZ "Boom" ought to catch all of them in the blast. Also Nichol Bolas has three words for you. "Destroy Target Creature". Nuff said really.
    1Naruto might be able to save a few from that with his Cloak sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1Naruto might be able to save a few from that with his Cloak sharing
    What does that do? And because I thought it was funny; I'll point out that damage was capped, but blast radius ISN'T. So if they stay anywhere on the planet, or in space close enough that the blast can hit them, they will still get boomed.

Extraordinary Member

What does that do? And because I thought it was funny; I'll point out that damage was capped, but blast radius ISN'T. So if they stay anywhere on the planet, or in space close enough that the blast can hit them, they will still get boomed.
    Naruto can share a version of his Chakra Cloak with other people by touch. It's not as good as his personal cloak but IIRC it should protect from Mountain buster levels of Force

And Blast Radius is the main factor determining the difference between a Mountain Buster and a planet buster.

Naruto can share a version of his Chakra Cloak with other people by touch. It's not as good as his personal cloak but IIRC it should protect from Mountain buster levels of Force
    Not if that's the cap on survivability? I mean that's the point of a cap right?

Extraordinary Member

Not if that's the cap on survivability? I mean that's the point of a cap right?
    My intent there is basically "Getting hit by a mountain buster won't kill you but it will **** you up"

Which, might not be enough to keep Beerus from being able to beat them, but it would be an instant thing.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Questions:

Are Sasuke and Naruto at the speed cap? I would assume they are but it's hard to know given the metric is a bit ambiguous.

If they are, then Sasuke can deploy Susanoo which takes mountain busting attacks fine under normal circumstances to protect the team.

Question about the chakra cloak actually.

In canon, the chakra cloak provided a massive boost defence but also amped up offense as well. If Naruto uses the cloak on, say Sasuke, can they get beyond the damage cap?

Sasuke is already at cap so a buff would, presumably, take him beyond it.

Or is the cap immutable?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Questions:

Are Sasuke and Naruto at the speed cap? I would assume they are but it's hard to know given the metric is a bit ambiguous.

If they are, then Sasuke can deploy Susanoo which takes mountain busting attacks fine under normal circumstances to protect the team.
    I would argue that both Naruto and Sasuke are at the Speedcap
    Question about the chakra cloak actually.

In canon, the chakra cloak provided a massive boost defence but also amped up offense as well. If Naruto uses the cloak on, say Sasuke, can they get beyond the damage cap?

Sasuke is already at cap so a buff would, presumably, take him beyond it.

Or is the cap immutable?
    The cap is immutable, no one goes higher.

Allowing power boosts to take people beyond that would require some very complicated rules to keep things fair.

Which if Power ups let you go higher, Beerus is a DBZ guy. He could power-up FAR more times than any more sane anime series' character.

Box Ghost is a Ghost, and thus immune to physical attacks.

Nichol Bolas, if he can't hit your body with kill-magic, can also wreck your mind with mind-control magic.

I would argue that both Naruto and Sasuke are at the Speedcap
    Then... I think Beerus actually loses this then...? Boy, that's a weird thing to say.

Due to the caps, stats are effectively all equal but there's two of them and they have significantly better gimmicks than him.

Everyone else on Munch's team, as far as I know, is woefully too slow to really do anything significant before they are caught up in the blast of multiple mountain busters going off and Beerus doesn't have the defensive skills that Naruto and Sasuke can draw upon to keep their team alive.

The cap is immutable, no one goes higher.

Allowing power boosts to take people beyond that would require some very complicated rules to keep things fair.
    Gotcha.

Question for future matches, rather than this one, I'm assuming that Mob starts off at 0% mood, right?

Box Ghost is a Ghost, and thus immune to physical attacks.
    Unfortunately, Mob is a professional exorcist and has effortlessly destroyed Ghosts way more powerful than the Box Ghost.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-09-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Then... I think Beerus actually loses this then...? Boy, that's a weird thing to say.

Due to the caps, stats are effectively all equal but there's two of them and they have significantly better gimmicks than him.

Everyone else on Munch's team, as far as I know, is woefully too slow to really do anything significant before they are caught up in the blast of multiple mountain busters going off and Beerus doesn't have the defensive skills that Naruto and Sasuke can draw upon to keep their team alive.
    Pinkie Pie has some pretty weird Time Dillation powers of her own. I couldn't find the whole story as one clip but after a train took her half way across the continent in the wrong direction, she rode a stage cart part of the way back, formed the Beetles, did a world tour, Made it big, then had creative differences split them apart, then still had time to catch the train to the Crystal Empire. And that only took most of the afternoon.

Or she's a lying liar. But she did similar feats in other stories.

EDIT: And then she slid all the way back in a minute or so.

Pikachu also moves at the speed of "always faster than whatever he's fighting because that's Pikachu's main gimmick".

Bolas is hard to tell because he always has his plans set up super far in advance and we only occasionally see him act in direct combat. But he's fast/strong enough to take on armies at a time, including 4 Zombie Gods and like most of the plot-relevant planeswalkers at the same time. Because that's pretty much how War of the Spark Ended.

Unfortunately, Mob is a professional exorcist and has effortlessly destroyed Ghosts way more powerful than the Box Ghost.
    Has he ever pulled of an exorcism with a cardboard box on his head?

(actually I wonder if Bolas had any of Magic's Box-themed artifacts like Teferi's Puzzle Box...)
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 04-09-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Gotcha.

Question for future matches, rather than this one, I'm assuming that Mob starts off at 0% mood, right?
    0 percent Mob is default Mob, do I have that right?

Pinkie Pie has some pretty weird Time Dillation powers of her own. I couldn't find the whole story as one clip but after a train took her half way across the continent in the wrong direction, she rode a stage cart part of the way back, formed the Beetles, did a world tour, Made it big, then had creative differences split them apart, then still had time to catch the train to the Crystal Empire. And that only took most of the afternoon.

Or she's a lying liar. But she did similar feats in other stories.

EDIT: And then she slid all the way back in a minute or so.
    I'm unwilling to take recounted comedic montage as evidence of a power that is not referenced as part of the characters powerset seriously I'm afraid.

Pikachu also moves at the speed of "always faster than whatever he's fighting because that's Pikachu's main gimmick".
    Again, not a viable speed feat nor has been shown to be near the cap.

Bolas is hard to tell because he always has his plans set up super far in advance and we only occasionally see him act in direct combat. But he's fast/strong enough to take on armies at a time, including 4 Zombie Gods and like most of the plot-relevant planeswalkers at the same time. Because that's pretty much how War of the Spark Ended.
    These aren't speed feats, there is no prep mentioned.

Has he ever pulled of an exorcism with a cardboard box on his head?

(actually I wonder if Bolas had any of Magic's Box-themed artifacts like Teferi's Puzzle Box...)
    He's done one dressed as a girl if that's any help.

0 percent Mob is default Mob, do I have that right?
    Pretty much.

When I did a run through of Mob and quantifying his power, I think it was him a thread where he was up against someone from Certain Scientific Railgun for reference, the difference between Mob at 0% and 99% is actually pretty minimal in terms of his big scale feats. Because his percentage is tied to his mood, he's more likely to actually flex a bit more when as the percentage goes higher but the strength of his barrier and the scale of his feats is pretty consistent.

I would argue that, given how he's operated in the series, anything from like... 0% - 30% could be considered a pretty "default" for Mob. If he's above 50% it usually means he's actually agitated, angry or upset in some way.

Once he reaches 100% his power leaps up and the scale of his feats goes waaaay up.

And then beyond that is ???% which is the raw expression of his power with his personality effectively erased who is pretty much unstoppable in the setting of the show.