Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worst Villain Plots from 80's/90's cartoons?

What were the worst plots come up with from villains from 80's/90's cartoons? For instance, Lex Luthor in 'Challenge of the Superfriends', Skeletor, Mum-ra, Shredder and/or Krang, Gargamel, Murky Dismal, etc.

Thanks!
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

How about COBRA creating Serpentor in the hopes it would put them over the hump against G.I. Joe.

In the end, nothing was accomplished and they still keep losing (SMH).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    How about COBRA creating Serpentor in the hopes it would put them over the hump against G.I. Joe.

In the end, nothing was accomplished and they still keep losing (SMH).
    Didn't they once also try to use a superlaser to carve Cobra Commander's face on the moon?

<looks it up....>

Yes, yes they did. Destro was not happy when he learned what the plan was. It was later used as a plot in The Tick (comic first, show later) because that's exactly how ridiculous it was.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 04-07-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Didn't they once also try to use a superlaser to carve Cobra Commander's face on the moon?

<looks it up....>

Yes, yes they did. Destro was not happy when he learned what the plan was. It was later used as a plot in The Tick (comic first, show later) because that's exactly how ridiculous it was.
    Yeah, you're absolutely right. When it comes to formulating plans and then revealing them, Destro is NEVER happy.

No wonder he helped G.I. Joe in a couple episodes (and, in the MARVEL Comics, even joined them).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-07-2020 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Many of the "rule the world" plans done by villains whom aren't in control of massive organisations. You logistically cannot do so.

Mighty Member

Wouldn't the cobra Pogo leave it's pilot constantly puking? I have this image of battle armour cobra commander throwing up in his helmet after going up and down so much....

Astonishing Member

There was one episode where Cobra invented a *shrinking* machine only to have their endgame plan be to use such an invention was to steal GI Joe vehicles and then try to frame them for later attacks.

Any episode where a bad guy wants to destroy the world but they themselves are on the planet and if they destroy it they destroy themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

<looks it up....>

Even as a little kid, I had to roll my eyes at that one. Cobra's master plan was essentially graffiti.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Any episode where a bad guy wants to destroy the world but they themselves are on the planet and if they destroy it they destroy themselves!
    Yeah, I always hated that.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn't a cartoon, but I was thinking that in the second season how stupid Angelus was. He wanted the Judge to destory humanity, which was the vampires food supply. And he wanted Acathla to suck the world into hell... problem being he lives in the world too.

Even if Angelus is just flat out insane, why would any vampire want to help him? It freaking made no sense.

But I guess that's the point... that sort of motivation only works for an insane villain. A Lex Luthor or a Dr. Dooma are too smart for something like that.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn't a cartoon,

It almost was.

Extraordinary Member

I know you said 80s and 90s, but I have to add that the 1970s cartoon Josie And The Pussycats had one ridiculous villain plot after another. And of course, I tuned in to watch it every Saturday morning. LOL

Last edited by caj; 04-08-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Any villain plot hat involves them using super-advanced technology to do something as mundane as robbing banks. They could sell the tech and make waaaaay more than robbing banks would get them and they wouldn't be wanted or get punched in the face. Hell this works for any villain wanting to use tech to hold the world for ransom. Just sell your inventions, genius!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I always hated that.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer wasn't a cartoon, but I was thinking that in the second season how stupid Angelus was. He wanted the Judge to destory humanity, which was the vampires food supply. And he wanted Acathla to suck the world into hell... problem being he lives in the world too.

Even if Angelus is just flat out insane, why would any vampire want to help him? It freaking made no sense.

But I guess that's the point... that sort of motivation only works for an insane villain. A Lex Luthor or a Dr. Dooma are too smart for something like that.
    Pretty much. See Spider-Carnage in the 90s Spider-Man animated series finale, and he was at least smart enough to lie to (two versions of) the Kingpin and the Goblins and make them think he wanted to mind-control the entire world when his real plan was to annihilate reality itself out of revenge for a lifetime of misery and loss.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

The villain from the animated movie Rock and Rule wanted to summon a demon to destroy a bunch of humanity.

The plan itself isn't that off the mark because the demon would have actually done that if not stopped, but its the motivation for wanting humanity dead that's the kicker.

They didn't buy enough copies of his latest album and his concerts are no longer selling out.