View Poll Results: Which Mutant Nation do you prefer?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genosha

5 5.10%
  • Utopia

11 11.22%
  • Krakoa

69 70.41%
  • None of them, get back the mansion/school idea

6 6.12%
  • I do not care, I want ice-cream

7 7.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Utopia versus Genosha versus Krakoa

All mutants were invited to live their l;ives in the new Mutant state of Krakoa and more mutants then ever are all together now.

We have seen that once on Utopia, also called a mutant nation, and before that we had Genosha.

Well with Genosha it ended with a mass destuction, so I do not think many would like that nation..

Still, I wonder which Mutant nation do you prefer and why?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

krakoa because I agree with its systems, I enjoy the bio-punk aspects of it and the cultural aspects that are florishing there, it has enourmous potential and flexebility as a setting
    Genosha was an ordinary and pretty conventional city, so not as exciting or refreshing, but had potential.
    Utopia was a mess that emma had to save with all her savings, but it was cool as a "post apocalyptic bunker" sort of island.
    Last edited by Ferro; 04-08-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Utopia was never made to last. It was too small, without resources. It was more a fortress than a country. Genosha suffered from never being explored in an interesting way because the X-men didn't live there.

Krakoa is not only visually interesting, it is full of new concepts for the franchise in technology, magic, culture, economy...

Krakoa wins.

BANNED

anything other than that ugly mansion altough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Utopia was never made to last. It was too small, without resources. It was more a fortress than a country. Genosha suffered from never being explored in an interesting way because the X-men didn't live there.

Krakoa is not only visually interesting, it is full of new concepts for the franchise in technology, magic, culture, economy...

Krakoa wins.
    The visual part is making more moves than people understand, i have had people curious over Krakoan typing and asking whats the story around it, its quickly becoming iconic

I love utopia it just has a soft spot in my heart and it was really amazing looking during AVX

But krakoa hands down

BANNED

utopia's strength was also because of its conection to san fran, the x-men had their fortress sure but thy didnt feel isolated

A lot more thought and planning has gone into making Krakoa a real nation. They have actual infrastructure in place so they can be self reliant. A temporary government with laws, resources and exports, travel to and from the island, defense and espionage departments, diplomatic agreements.

Utopia was still dependent on the US for basically everything. It's like when you want to go camping but you only get as far as your backyard and keep running back inside for dinner and batteries

Genosha I would argue had the most potential of the bunch being a nation with 16 million mutants and about one million humans many who had enslaved the previous population. From that vantage point there was a lot of politically relevant stories to tell. But, having the most potential doesn't matter when it didn't have full editorial support or the kind of line wide unity behind it that Krakoa has.

Instead you had multiple writers depicting Genosha with entirely different views of the island from a mutant Israel to a mutant Nazi Germany with no central guiding idea on how to move forward other then it would be destroyed in time showing why mutant nationalism is bad. Genosha developed a mutant society, but we only saw glimmers of it in various comics vs the full Monty we have seen with Krakoa. Though I will say Genosha did have some good ideas there which ironically were often fleshed out after it was gone then when it was around.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-08-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Utopia had my favorite stories and I liked how San Francisco was pretty much their home.

But Krakoa has so much creative utilities and structure.

Krakoa because of the resurrections, however i also did like utopia and the mutants that showed up there.

BANNED

Yeah Utopia was great for the 200 mutants at the time, i wish it wasnt destroyed with such lack of ceremony

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

I do not care, I want ice-cream was really tempting ,lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Once this lockdown is over, ice cream is one of the first things I'll buy . And I'll never eat a baked bean again !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    man I can totaly go for ice cream now :////