View Poll Results: Which Mutant Nation do you prefer?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genosha

5 5.10%
  • Utopia

11 11.22%
  • Krakoa

69 70.41%
  • None of them, get back the mansion/school idea

6 6.12%
  • I do not care, I want ice-cream

7 7.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I feel like it's a bit too early to even make a fair opinion to be honest. At this moment in time, Krakoa's fate is still up in the air. The whole thing might be good for mutants, but end terribly for the X-men.

Krakoa does seem to have most of its bases covered. Well, at least for now.

That being said, hindsight is 20/20, so Krakoa should be superior... in theory.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-09-2020 at 12:46 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The only problem I had with Genosha was that was done off-screen and showed why investing in state of the art security is essential otherwise Sentinels will wipe out the country at a moment's notice. Does Krakoa have defenses that would stop that? National security should be a high priority to any country.
    They have the entire Black Tom Cassidy early warning system with Krakoa. On the other hand, Forge is developing Krakoa-based biological weapons for mutants who do not have offensive powers.

On the other hand, with the amount of absurdly powerful mutants they have, the army is powerful.

And if all else fails, Krakoa can always get up, stretch its legs, and start smashing puny Sentinels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They have the entire Black Tom Cassidy early warning system with Krakoa. On the other hand, Forge is developing Krakoa-based biological weapons for mutants who do not have offensive powers.

On the other hand, with the amount of absurdly powerful mutants they have, the army is powerful.

And if all else fails, Krakoa can always get up, stretch its legs, and start smashing puny Sentinels.
    The Sentinel attack on Genosha was swift, it was a massacre. They had modern technology and access to millions of mutants, including Magneto himself. They all died. An early warning system is useless without state of the art weapons systems or armies to launch attacks from. Omega mutants won't save anyone if they're killed before they can do anything. That's the legacy of Genosha. Which is silly considering how paranoid and practical Magneto is, but Morrison wanted Genosha to go so it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Sentinel attack on Genosha was swift, it was a massacre. They had modern technology and access to millions of mutants, including Magneto himself. They all died. An early warning system is useless without state of the art weapons systems or armies to launch attacks from. Omega mutants won't save anyone if they're killed before they can do anything. That's the legacy of Genosha. Which is silly considering how paranoid and practical Magneto is, but Morrison wanted Genosha to go so it went.
    As you can see from House of X, they have a cybersecurity network tracking any suspicious information for Sentinel activity. They have an army, it's called X-Men. And from the looks of it, Cyclops has the authority to recruit dozens and dozens of mutants in emergencies. They have portals to evacuate the population in case of attack to places scattered throughout the Earth and the universe.

Genosha had no Omega mutant, only a wounded Magneto with a shadow of his powers. The attack that destroyed Genosha could be repelled. He would have casualties, but nothing they couldn't rebuild and people they couldn't resurrect.

Like, if Sentinel attack, non-combatants can flee to the Moon, Mars, Shi'ar Empire ...

On the other hand, Genosha's attack being so successful can only be explained if the millions of Genosha mutants had terrible luck with their powers.

BANNED

yeah this brood example recently shows krakoa can mobilize very VERY quickly

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Utopia felt like a stop gap; you could even tell because of how frazzled Scott was; Utopia was a basically Money Pit that kept springing leaks (figuratively and literally).

Genosha is the same as Latvaria: some far off land that may or may not have a anti-hero as its leader depending on whose writing the stories.

Krakoa is the most fleshed out homeland that we have ever had in the Marvel Universe rivaling Wakanda.

The funny part of Utopia is that it had just below Atlantis, which must have had more than 20 times its population.

They were practically an Atlantean protectorate.

The funny part of Utopia is that it had just below Atlantis, which must have had more than 20 times its population.

They were practically an Atlantean protectorate.
    This was criminally under utilized; needed more Atlantean/Mutant crossovers. Maybe even look at how Atlantean's view a ruler who isn't a full blooded Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This was criminally under utilized; needed more Atlantean/Mutant crossovers. Maybe even look at how Atlantean's view a ruler who isn't a full blooded Atlantean
    Everyone Atlantean (who isn't Namor) thinks their half blood King Namor smells like freshly cut grass.

Which I'm told is extremely insulting....
    GrindrStone(D)

I have no contact with Genosha.
    What little i had with Utopia was a mere bunker situation with not good circumstances surrounding it.

Krakoa has more of well everything. Contacts growing, safe areas outside of Earth, so many alive powerful and mundane mutants.

So Krakoa.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Everyone Atlantean (who isn't Namor) thinks their half blood King Namor smells like freshly cut grass.

Which I'm told is extremely insulting....
    LOL, amazing insult

As you can see from House of X, they have a cybersecurity network tracking any suspicious information for Sentinel activity. They have an army, it's called X-Men. And from the looks of it, Cyclops has the authority to recruit dozens and dozens of mutants in emergencies. They have portals to evacuate the population in case of attack to places scattered throughout the Earth and the universe.
    Please. I’m not convinced that Scott could stop the 4 old ladies of Hordeculture and a couple thousand gallons of Weed-B-Gon.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Please. I’m not convinced that Scott could stop the 4 old ladies of Hordeculture and a couple thousand gallons of Weed-B-Gon.
    He did technically beat them.

Krakoa will outbomb

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Because he believed he had broken an old woman's hip and wanted to help her.