View Poll Results: Which Mutant Nation do you prefer?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genosha

5 5.10%
  • Utopia

11 11.22%
  • Krakoa

69 70.41%
  • None of them, get back the mansion/school idea

6 6.12%
  • I do not care, I want ice-cream

7 7.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Where is Eye-Scream when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yeah Utopia was great for the 200 mutants at the time, i wish it wasnt destroyed with such lack of ceremony
    Their first country was destroyed by Sentinels. The second, Utopia, by the Avengers. The third, Nation X, simply disappeared without further ado. The fourth, New Tian, was invaded by Hydra/USA.

Only Utopia and Genosha are really significant, anyway. But I think that in a Krakoa file, just as they make it clear that Wanda was an Avenger, they should remember who destroyed their second nation.

Krakoa is the most interesting at the moment just because its fresh.... we're getting how its developed, they are forming a government and religion, their is higher population. That says their is a bit of a cult vibe to it.

Genosha worked really well but it ultimately was the just Magneto's home, a new Asteroid M. Within the context of comics a real island (not a mutant or asteroid) and that had dated ways and was abusing mutants and then is later given to Magneto in hopes he would leave the world alone. It had a nice cycle of story that had the best context of all three.

Utopia was a bit a of mess IMO. Interesting ideas there but Krakoa really took them and expanded them much better.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Genosha worked really well but it ultimately was the just Magneto's home, a new Asteroid M. Within the context of comics a real island (not a mutant or asteroid) and that had dated ways and was abusing mutants and then is later given to Magneto in hopes he would leave the world alone. It had a nice cycle of story that had the best context of all three.
    You are right that on some level they had to tie the X-Men to the status quo to it in a different way then they did Asteroid M to see its true potential otherwise it fell into the adversaries base trap. A number of minis managed to make it more then that, but the big crossovers that used the status quo like Eve of Destruction dumbed it down to a fancy base. The set up deserved better, though its destruction opened up a range of stories.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-08-2020 at 10:55 AM.

BANNED

Outback and on the run please! Anything but a stupid school. I don't need the brats clogging up panel space.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Outback and on the run please! Anything but a stupid school. I don't need the brats clogging up panel space.
    Schools have been cancelled. No children allowed. Essentials only.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

As a plot element, Krakoa is easily the most dynamic storyline to come out of the x-books in a decade, maybe even longer. Its endlessly fascinating and full of opportunity. Utopia and Genosha were right for the stories they were telling and good stories they did tell, but they weren't as fertile with potential. if that makes sense.
    In terms of "which mutant paradise" well...the one that wasn't brutally massacred and wasn't basically a hideaway for an endangered species wins. So that's big K on 2 counts
    That said .... some ice cream would be nice rn lol

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Schools have been cancelled. No children allowed. Essentials only.
    are the mutants purposefully withholding the flowers necessary to cure COVID-19 once and for all? Maybe the sentinels made some points ngl...

Genosha was only superficially successful. It wasn’t even developed enough to account for a Sentinel attack.

Utopia was just the X-Men in dire mode, constantly. Even the island was slowly sinking, week by week. It was a makeshift last plan to throw something at the wall/stall until Hope could rescue them all. And it kind of just sat there after Second Coming and it’s narrative purpose was sort of lost. They should bring it back and put a gate there.

Nation X was promising because we knew that Cyclops assembled a lot of the mutants in UXM600 and even had defense mechanisms in the form of Sentinels and the Phoenix Egg. But we didn’t really know anything about it and if it crumbled just because Cyclops died, then it wasn’t built on the strongest of foundations.

X-Haven was Utopia but on extreme difficulty. I can’t think about it without getting sad about how saturated the X-brand was with all the extinction stories.

New Tian. Whew. Like I get that we were never supposed to be invested in it and fully should’ve expected it to stay gone, but it probably had the worst end. Like having the Sentinels come to tear it down RIGHT AFTER Hydra just crumbled without even thinking of how it exactly mirrors Genosha. That was really cold and it should be brought up more. Poor Emma

X-Lantis/Searebro could’ve been something. Could’ve. Glad there’s a gate on it so they could explore more stories if they wanted.

Krakoa is the strongest thing the mutants have built, and this is also including the X-Mansion. Their burgeoning culture, defense systems, Resurrection Protocols, mutant magic, medicine leverage, and unity all show how much hard work was put into crafting this. It’s not like the other nations in the past and thus cannot suffer the same fate.

Krakoa by far the best home for mutants.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I have a soft spot for Genosha: it is present in so many fanfictions…
    And it was a nice source of drama, alas not very well developped: it was a mutant dream come true but the X-men weren't a part of it. I prefer strong opinions and points of view in comics, not a weak consensus.
    Too bad it has been destroyed…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Krakoa easily. I wasn't a really a regular X-fan when Genosha and Utopia was a thing, so maybe I'm wrong (I'm probably not) but Krakoa is the only one that moves the needle for the X-Men and mutantkind in a truly wholly empowering way. it's not another mutant oppression showcase, the mutants don't feel like targets waiting to get dumped on, and most importantly it's a cohesive concept with the potential for real longevity. it feels like an actual culture, with the added bonus that mutants are finally talking their ****; and I love that song!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-08-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

We’ll see if Krakoa can overtake Utopia for me.

I’m glad Hickman did Krakoa instead of bringing back Utopia or something. But it’s still new, whereas Utopia has all these stories around it that I’m fond of.

Astonishing Member

The only problem I had with Genosha was that was done off-screen and showed why investing in state of the art security is essential otherwise Sentinels will wipe out the country at a moment's notice. Does Krakoa have defenses that would stop that? National security should be a high priority to any country.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I have good memories from Utopia, it made sense that during the worst time of the decimation mutants would join to defend themselves and also had great links to the outside world but was very limited as it was more of a refuge than an actual contry, Genosha had big potential with being an actual contry and having mutant - human population and links to other marvel countries like Latveria, Wakanda, Atlantis and Lemuria but it wasn`t developed on the X-books much except as an antagonist and then it was taken off the map.

I am still seeing where Krakoa is going on their direction it has big potential but I have yet to see it fully realized, I am in a wait and see aproach with it.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

But whatever do you mean? They are nothing alike. Sorry (not really).