View Poll Results: Which Mutant Nation do you prefer?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Genosha

5 5.10%
  • Utopia

11 11.22%
  • Krakoa

69 70.41%
  • None of them, get back the mansion/school idea

6 6.12%
  • I do not care, I want ice-cream

7 7.14%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member

I never really liked the idea of Krakoa. Genosha should have been explored more and should have been set up as one of the worlds most advanced cities on par with Wakanda

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because he believed he had broken an old woman's hip and wanted to help her.
    Which was such PIS, like he’s not an experienced fighter who’s fought evil old ladies before. That was so bad.

Anyway, love Krakoa. The mansion was so elitist, ignoring millions of Mutants. Utopia was right for the moment, but that moment has passed. Genosha was never properly explored. I would like some ice cream, but I went with Krakoa.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 04-11-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I never really liked the idea of Krakoa. Genosha should have been explored more and should have been set up as one of the worlds most advanced cities on par with Wakanda
    what are some of the things KraKoa is lacking that Genosha possessed that makes you feel this way?

and isnt Genosha getting explored in was ways with the formation of KraKoa?
    GrindrStone(D)

Yes, the mansion always had a hypocritical contradiction. "Peaceful coexistence" but only for those who cannot live in the mansion.

Astonishing Member

Yes, the mansion always had a hypocritical contradiction. "Peaceful coexistence" but only for those who cannot live in the mansion.
    It's not a contradiction. The Mansion was what they had, and they were a school with a super-hero team. They did occasionally delve into activism and public relations, like going on tv, but that's not the sort of thing readers are interested in so it wasn't explored very far. They tried their best to achieve their dream with what they had, they may have failed but as I said it's not all under rather control. In the real world the Xavier Institute would be very difficult with its priorities than in a comic book. Magneto had Genosha, and did absolutely nothing worthy of note in helping build peace with it. Krakoa is moving in the right direction, but this is due to factors outside the Marvel universe. Hickmans' doing things most writers don't have luxury to do, others we'd be seeing Reed Richards rebuilding human society from the ground up just from his inventions and discoveries. Marvel's not letting Reed doing anything like that because Status Quo is God.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I feel Genosha was underutilised as a mutant nation. From its origin as an analogue to Aparthaid to Magneto's takeover and turning it into a mutant nation, you could do so much more. Instead, it was Asteroid M/Avalon on Earth and later wiped clean by Morrison. Utopia was fun, mostly because i loved militant Cyclops, but Utopia wasn't a long term plan, mostly a fortress until X-Men found a way to reverse M-Day. Krakoa, while i disagree with much of what happens there, it's something fresh and much more interesting right now.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Krakoa is dead last to me.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

To live in, or to read about?

If I was a mutant I would prefer to live on Krakoa, it feels a lot more established, inclusive, less threatened, and just idk "bigger"

To read about... hmm I like the drama of Genosha, it was a more bold struggle with more history and more pioneering

Utopia isn't quite even comparable to those other two IMO
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Please. I’m not convinced that Scott could stop the 4 old ladies of Hordeculture and a couple thousand gallons of Weed-B-Gon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He did technically beat them.
    Because he believed he had broken an old woman's hip and wanted to help her.
    You guys are right. I’ll amend my statement...

In a second fight yet to be fought where cyclops does not believe he has broken an old woman’s hip, I’m not convinced that Scott could stop the 4 old ladies of Hotdeculture + a couple of thousand gallons of Weed-B-Gon + say, Arcade without any of his toys.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I haven't voted yet because it is hard to decide between Krakoa and the mansion/school. I wish we could have both. We can have most mutants on the island but there still needs to be outreach in the broader world (which in the new era there is but we don't always see a lot of it .. yet anyways). I would love the school to still exist in some form.

It is no secret my fav era focused on the Xavier Institute (the Morrison era) so it will always mean a lot to me. I loved the X-men as school professionals/teachers. But I also love this new era where we have full mutant culture and we have a division of labor with the X-men (we have X-force, the Marauders, soon X-factor all with every specific missions and jobs, "mutant work" if you will).

The new Krakoa era has expanded the x-men universe and I'm here for it, but I will always love the X-men in the school (whether it just a base and cover or when it has been an actual academic institution).