Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

If, say, Spidey would find himself locked in a room or a cage or something with one of his enemies I have a feeling Morlun would be the last one he would want to meet

Astonishing Member

UOTE=your_name_here;4926561]While I completely agree, that’s more his motivation or a “what” than a “who”...we know WHY he does what he does the fear that comes with that. That comes with every villain he faces, I imagine. But which ones, when they turn up, actually have Peter afraid?[/QUOTE]

I think one villain Pete is afraid of is Lizard. Why? He does not want any harm to happen to Curt Connors. As for guys like Doom, he is not afraid of Victor. Why? He knows that you can reason with Victor ( unlike say Carnage).

BANNED

Peters greatest fear is just being Spider-Man, which is his default state. All fears come from his peter parker side a normal guy, and so when spidet puts on the costume, the fact he knows he'll be rushing into hell and the unknown with his life on the line once he does heroics or fights anything in the marvel u. I think thats why peter is so realistic as a superhero, he is us being afraid of the superhero concept and world when we face it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Peters greatest fear is just being Spider-Man, which is his default state. All fears come from his peter parker side a normal guy, and so when spidet puts on the costume, the fact he knows he'll be rushing into hell and the unknown with his life on the line once he does heroics or fights anything in the marvel u. I think thats why peter is so realistic as a superhero, he is us being afraid of the superhero concept and world when we face it.
    I find it more that he's scared that he would be better off being Spider-Man than Peter Parker because he feels that Peter's let too many people down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I find it more that he's scared that he would be better off being Spider-Man than Peter Parker because he feels that Peter's let too many people down.
    That's a good take. Yeah with Peter, "the only thing to fear is fear itself" probably applies a great deal.

Joe Quesada.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Joe Quesada.
    We have a winner folks.

dvp12.jpg

Vampires. Insurance salesmen. Politicians.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The last villain that Peter seemed to show fear over that I know of was Red Goblin. And even then it was more of a "Holy **** I'm fucked" thing...for about half an issue or so.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Today, I'm not sure

When I first started reading, easily Venom. Read ASM #317. Parker had every right to be afraid of that guy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    The last villain that Peter seemed to show fear over that I know of was Red Goblin. And even then it was more of a "Holy **** I'm fucked" thing...for about half an issue or so.
    Understandable. Red Goblin was the combination of two of the worst monsters in Spider-Man's rogues gallery --- Norman Osborn and Carnage --- and even worse than the sum of his parts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

One on One I'd say Morlun. But someone who could hurt him by going after his family or friends, Norman Osoborn or Carnage.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Someone that hasn't been mentioned... When Cloak and Dagger were more adversaries and reluctant partners he was quite freaked out by Cloak. I don't know how much that has changed since.

Spectacular Member

I feel like his greatest fear is losing someone he loves the most. For example, uncle ben, gwen stacy, aunty may etc. After he loses them, he always blames himself and always remind himself about it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scilover View Post
    I feel like his greatest fear is losing someone he loves the most. For example, uncle ben, gwen stacy, aunty may etc. After he loses them, he always blames himself and always remind himself about it.
    Even when Uncle Ben himself got five minutes in ASM 500 to essentially absolve Peter of at least some of that guilt.
    The spider is always on the hunt.