View Poll Results: Would you an ongoing OG X-Men

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 40.79%
  • No

45 59.21%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Would you read an ongoing Original X-Men comic?

This image got me reminiscing for the good old days

Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

A mini? sure why not. an ongoing? nope, no way

We JUST got rid of the teen O5s. I don't need to see a multi-issue reunion between their adult selves again until 2030

No.

10chara

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We JUST got rid of the teen O5s. I don't need to see a multi-issue reunion between their adult selves again until 2030
    Damn, that's rough. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Not interested in an ongoing for the O5. Actually I'm not even interested in a mini or a one-shot either.

Nope, if I wanted to read some stories about the bore5, I'd read early X-Factor.

I'd be willing to give a mini or one-shot a looksie, no harm in that and it'll be a nice respite for the people pissing and moaning about Krakoa/Dawn of X, but not an ongoing. I like that those characters have grown to take up different roles in the new status quo and I wouldn't want to derail their natural progression merely for nostalgia sake, y'know?

nothing wrong with the nostalgic but i am firmly of the belief that nostalgia should never overwrite or be the driving force in creative decisions.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I don't know about an ongoing, but I would love an issue like X-Men #1 where the O5 have dinner together in the Summers moon house, reminisce about the good old days, talk about their new lives on Krakoa and other stuff.

Spectacular Member

Good grief , yes of course ! It was the original five that I tell in love with all those years ago .
    Last edited by Nigel909; 04-08-2020 at 02:20 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Written by the right person? Yes, absolutely. But it needs to be someone that can capture the dynamics of the team well and tell interesting stories with them like Louise Simonson did, without having to justify them being together with a weird time travel plot like Bendis.

More than a typical present canon O5 on-going though I'd much prefer to see a modern AU kind of deal where the First Class is the only class so far and all the characters have been modernized. An explicitly AU First Class title with a modern take juxtaposed against the main titles. Hell, a back to basics line would be good for the entire line to be honest.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Yes. For the most part, the original five have good chemistry and a rich history

Mighty Member

Sorry, I could not read an ongoing...A limited series with a focus on Bobby and Jean yes... but thats it

That’s not really a compelling enough high concept.