Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 40.79%
  • No

45 59.21%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Only if Jeff Parker writes the series.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This image got me reminiscing for the good old days

Sure. Beats the current stuff.

Hell yes. We are about due another book with them

I would if it was done right. My main issue with the Mini 05 was that the majority of the story just focused on Jean and Scott Jean and Scott with a hint of Hank knows magic now, oh great Bobby's gay, Warren's dating Laura oh wait they broke up off page, Jean and Scott, Jean and Scott. I was so sick of Jean and Scott they were both irritating as hell. If it's balanced between all 5 with legit development it could be a great ongoing.

Depends on the creative team, but the characters are all great. I'd be interested.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

When this was revealed, I thought this would have made a great premise for a revival of X-Factor with Cable used in place of his dead father Cyclops

BANNED

Would prefer such a thing didn't exist. Not sure why things have to be repeated over and over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Yes. For the most part, the original five have good chemistry and a rich history
    Definitely. With the right creative team and direction, I'd love to read about the modern O5 as a team again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Only if Jeff Parker writes the series.
    So I wasn't the first one who thought of X-Men: First Class .

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm always down to see more of the O5, but I wouldn't want an ongoing. A mini would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We JUST got rid of the teen O5s. I don't need to see a multi-issue reunion between their adult selves again until 2030
    Still too early. Let it freaking go Marvel.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

lol not an ongoing. I like seeing them together in little spurts but the fantasy falls apart when they're actually grouped together for an extended period of time and you realize the overall group chemistry isn't all that... X-Factor would've been a total slog if it wasn't for Simonson and the first few issues she didn't write show that in painful clarity

also...theres just more characters and dynamics in the franchise id rather read about than these 5 together again. What an 05 book in 2020 would look like conceptually is interesting but in practice the limited pages are better spent exploring newer ground right now

BANNED

No. I don't think the O5 could maintain their own comic right now. Whilst I really like seeing their interactions with each other and their chemistry (or lack thereof) we've years of history they've had together, and I fail to see why revisiting that would be worth doing as an ongoing series.

However, something I would support would be a X-Men Anthology title, with rotating creative teams and stories. There's no reason a Hickman/Larraz one-shot spotlighting those characters on a previously unseen mission or something to that extent couldn't be done. While an O5 book mightn't hold true, that could be something with value. And then we can jump over to a Rod Reis Generation X or a Kris Anka Hellfire Club feature etc.

The line-up that almost got the X-Men cancelled forever.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This image got me reminiscing for the good old days

Well, I have all the First Class trades, so I'd likely do it again if the story is right and the writer cares. The last go with the teens got worse with each change in writer, so it actually has to be someone who wants to write them and not someone forced into the book by editorial.
    Dark does not mean deep.