Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 40.79%
  • No

45 59.21%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, I have all the First Class trades, so I'd likely do it again if the story is right and the writer cares. The last go with the teens got worse with each change in writer, so it actually has to be someone who wants to write them and not someone forced into the book by editorial.
    Really? You thought Hopeless was better than Bunn?

I love Scott, I like Jean and I think that Iceman and Archangel are ok but no.

I would read a book with the O5. I loved the original X-factor years, the original X-men years, X-men First Class, enjoyed some of Hidden Years, etc.

The O5 feel like the FF in that they feel like a family (especially the X-factor years) which is such a surprise that some folks here feel they lack chemistry. Yeah, no.

I feel it would have worked better though a few years ago, with Scott as rightclops, Archangel being able to split back between forms, Beast in his new form or cat form, Iceman with his amped up powers, and with Jean as the Morrison version (w/Phoenix). This way we could draw a stark contrast with where they are now from where they were when they were last all together.

Just some of my quick thoughts. I especially love Jean, Scott, and Beast together but I've always had a soft spot for Iceman and Angel. Together they make a good team (though I've always loved them interacting with other X-men too).

I like the idea of the 05 being on a team but adding Storm and Wolverine.

I would only read it if sage was involved
    Or if it had to do with tempus going on further adventures with original professor x

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really? You thought Hopeless was better than Bunn?
    Considering what Bunn did to Scott...yes. Hopeless Scott wasn't much, but Bunn Scott was stripped of all agency and the slightest bit of competence. Bunn's Scott was so useless it made me swear off anything else he ever writes.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Considering what Bunn did to Scott...yes. Hopeless Scott wasn't much, but Bunn Scott was stripped of all agency and the slightest bit of competence. Bunn's Scott was so useless it made me swear off anything else he ever writes.
    IMO Hopeless' Scott was the worst. He was a depressive pathetic mess and cried about his adult self too much and I cant recall him doing anything besides being sad about himself. Scott aside, Hopeless' ANX was pretty cringeworthy and the storylines were largely a miss. I thought Bunn had interesting ideas and his arcs were alot more entertaining to read

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Depends heavily on the writer, artist and premise.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I would love it.

But it depends on the writer. Most writers just want to write the bouncy o5 team, 5 friends doing superhero stuff together. But they've outgrown that, they need something more now that just their chemistry together. It worked for Xmen first class, but even that got boring after a while.

I think why Simonsons X-Factor and Bendis All new brought interest, was that these characters went through tough and interesting situations. Scott leaving his wife, archangel, Teen Jean becoming manipulative.

For an O5 ongoing, it should be a story that confronts the changes these characters have gone through. Warren is a killer and has the angst of it weighing on him in his stories, but when he enters Xmen stories it disappears. When he's with this team it's something that shouldn't be swept away, it should be brought up and confronted.
    Bobby is more than a gay jokester. This guy also has issues, and we should see an actual conversation between him and Jean about you know what.
    Hank has managed to pass everyone off, he and Scott shouldn't just be on good terms, Jean is already getting passed with him and should know All the things he's done from looking into his mind. His own stubbornness and superiority complex should also get in the way.
    Jean is a mess and all over the place. Today she wants to stop holding back, tomorrow she's back to being docile marvel girl, today she denies the dbari massacre tomorrow she says it was her, today says she's a pacifist, tomorrow she's torturing people for information. Then there's her anger issues, fractured mind and Jealousy that we can't just sweep under the rug
    Then there's cyclops, who has taken everything thrown at him, become more ruthless, had mental breakdowns, betrayed lovers and had almost all his friends against him, now suddenly back to being chief commander. There's lots of Roch history that should be used in story's, Warren and Bobby are best friends and now they can bond over being possessed by the Dark speed, Bobby can finally relate to what his friend went through. Scott can finally understand what it was Jean went through. Hank in charge of XFORCE should feel guilty for treating Scott like trash, Jean needs to become less of an holy cow in people's eyes.

They should have a story of how people idealize them as the first Xmen, a perfect team of best friends. And then break it down to shown that these are people who have been through hell together since they were 16,their relationships have suffered, their minds have been broken, they've been changed in all sorts of ways, yet despite these they still hold that ideal and fight for the dream. Even if they quit sometimes they still come back to it like battered house wives suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
    (Rosenberg had the right idea in his mini starting off showing how the O5 were weathered and depressed, but he messed it up by making Xavier Mind control them to be heroes instead of putting them on a journey to get there themselves)
    Speaking of Xavier, the book shouldn't be solely the O5,because that would get boring fast. Lorna, Alex, Storm, Wolverine, Kurt, Colossus, Emma, Rogue, Psylocke should all join the team at different points and ti should show their lives in Krakoa.

Anyways, I know if they do make an ongoing it'll probably be Ass, so never mind.

IMO Hopeless' Scott was the worst. He was a depressive pathetic mess and cried about his adult self too much and I cant recall him doing anything besides being sad about himself. Scott aside, Hopeless' ANX was pretty cringeworthy and the storylines were largely a miss. I thought Bunn had interesting ideas and his arcs were alot more entertaining to read
    I think Bunn had interesting plans for the O5. He set up plots for Bobby and romeo, Jean and the necklace, Angel and his powers(or something), then everything just... Urgh

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I think Bunn had interesting plans for the O5. He set up plots for Bobby and romeo, Jean and the necklace, Angel and his powers(or something), then everything just... Urgh
    Bunn was really trying on Blue, I loved his Jean.

For a O5 book, the writer would have to be really good and also a really good artist.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Provided there is a good story and a good creative team, why wouldn't I? The original X-Factor with them often had both, and it made for great comics. Their skin pigment is not a deciding factor for me. It'd be racist to allow that to be a factor in my choice.

Not if Scott was your favorite character. It was like watching the animated series but every scene is Jean tripping over nothing on endless loop. Bunn's Cyclops could have been replaced by a puppy or Jean's favorite necklace and has exactly the same effect on the plot - which was to provide something to be saved and absolutely nothing else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

No, with the exception of Beast, most of my favorite X-Men come from Claremont or later.

TBH I don't know why the mentors in the upcoming "Children of the Atom" book aren't just the 05. That way readers could look forward to their interactions and the title wouldn't be totally whitewashed.

Not if Scott was your favorite character. It was like watching the animated series but every scene is Jean tripping over nothing on endless loop. Bunn's Cyclops could have been replaced by a puppy or Jean's favorite necklace and has exactly the same effect on the plot - which was to provide something to be saved and absolutely nothing else.
    I find it puzzling that a Scott fan could prefer Hopeless' version as he was written in the height of the Scott is Hitler phase and Hopeless ran with that narrative more than anyone and his Scott hated his older self and what he might become. Bunn didnt exagerate that mess

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    TBH I don't know why the mentors in the upcoming "Children of the Atom" book aren't just the 05. That way readers could look forward to their interactions and the title wouldn't be totally whitewashed.
    Because 2 of the characters arent inspired by the O5. There's probably a reason why Vita went with the Nightcrawler and Gambit angle instead of Iceman and Beast