Default No Time to Die opening scene rumor (Spoilers)

Couldn't find the main thread for the movie so thought I'd put this up. Spoilers of course.

Reportedly, the film will be the first pre-credit sequence in a long time to *not* have Bond. This has been done before. Both "Dr.No" (although not a pre-title sequence as FRWL started the trend) and "Live and Let Die" opened with relatively action-less openers which set the plot in motion; From Russia With Love and Man With the Golden Gun both had the villains take out a "fake" Bond (In the first, a man wearing a mask; in the second, a wax dummy) to show how they could be a threat to the real thing.

The film will reportedly instead have Rami Malek's Safin attacking people on an icy lake. Part of this sequence was among the first scenes filmed.

Given that the film's marketing seems to state Bond has retired to Jamacia and/or Italy for at least the film's first act and is brought back into action later on, this kind of makes sense. I don't think it'd make sense for Bond to suddenly be randomly attacked just to give him something to do in the opening.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I heard and suspected this too. Could be interesting. Honestly most Bondless pre title sequences kinda suck. I almost don’t count FRWL because it’s basically Connery running around and at the last second it’s revealed he isn’t Bond.

Live and Let Die objectively has the worst opening of any film. Dr. No was before they really had a formula down and it was just some intrigue to spark a mystery. Then Man With The Golden Gun is okay but it’s sorta dull and nonsensical

Astonishing Member

I'm totally expecting it to open with "new" Bond (Lynch's character) getting killed and/or sidelined in the opening sequence. :P

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm totally expecting it to open with "new" Bond (Lynch's character) getting killed and/or sidelined in the opening sequence. :P
    We know that’s not happening unless the opening is 5 different locations featuring Bond

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Live and Let Die objectively has the worst opening of any film. Dr. No was before they really had a formula down and it was just some intrigue to spark a mystery. Then Man With The Golden Gun is okay but it’s sorta dull and nonsensical
    Which is kinda sad considering that Christopher Lee worked with both Ian Fleming and Dusko Popov.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    We know that’s not happening unless the opening is 5 different locations featuring Bond
    Yeah, she seems to be a major part of several scenes previewed, such as what seems to be the usual MI6 stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth