Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Mutants aren't popular at Marvel for a bunch of reasons.
    - jealousy over the x-books being so successful for so long, I mean probably half the floppies Marvel sold ever are mutant books. The incentives their creators earned vs. the rest in the Bullpen... the power and privileges those sales granted...
    - Bob Harras (x-editor) was EIC right before Quesada. So his tenure would be a reaction against his predecessor.
    - Quesada had a boss too, who didn't like all the accumulated backstory and sheer volume, and the X-Men had the most of any set of books.
    Last edited by Criticalfan; 04-09-2020 at 09:06 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Joe Quesada probably thought the mutants needed their own "Disassembled" event and Bendis probably pitched the No More Mutants idea and it got approved.The plan was always probably to build the X-Men back up again but the X-Office kept straying off that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    But what is now the mutant's population on Earth? The mutants are planning to resurrect everyone, aren't they?
    So if Marvel don't want to have too many mutants, a disaster is inevitable.
    Hickman solved that problem by retconning the Wanda depowered mutants to a reasonable number so now Sentinels bombing Genosha is the highest mutant casualty.
    "Cable was right!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Do you mean how the term wallpaper applies in regards to comic characters? It usually means when characters are just there for show and don't really have an active role. Or basically cameos. And that's lucky compared to those who just disappear for years completely.
    Ah, thanks for that; yeah that sucks especially if your favorite character gets relegated to "wallpaper status"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Joe Quesada probably thought the mutants needed their own "Disassembled" event and Bendis probably pitched the No More Mutants idea and it got approved.The plan was always probably to build the X-Men back up again but the X-Office kept straying off that path.

I think this is the most feasible that the X-Men lost their rudder after Morrison left and they wanted a exciting status quo similar to New Avengers but they couldn't build on those foundations because in my opinion there wasn't a strong enough writer to lead the titles.

Brubaker tried with the space opera stuff and then Fraction came on board with another status quo shift and then Gillen came along for another status quo shift; but they weren't able to get to the same heights as New X-Men and then, I feel, they scuttled their vision for another and then they scuttled it again and again until we were left with AvX.

And at that point the MCU was in full swing and the Disney v Fox: Dawn of Stupidity began and we were ultimately left with the Inhumans.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 04-09-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Ah, thanks for that; yeah that sucks especially if your favorite character gets relegated to "wallpaper status"

I think this is the most feasible that the X-Men lost their rudder after Morrison left and they wanted a exciting status quo similar to New Avengers but they couldn't build on those foundations because in my opinion there wasn't a strong enough writer to lead the titles.

Brubaker tried with the space opera stuff and then Fraction came on board with another status quo shift and then Gillen came along for another status quo shift; but they weren't able to get to the same heights as New X-Men and then, I feel, they scuttled their vision for another and then they scuttled it again and again until we were left with AvX.

And at that point the MCU was in full swing and the Disney v Fox: Dawn of Stupidity began and we were ultimately left with the Inhumans.
    I think the Craig Kyle and Chris Yost throughline from New X-Men to X-Force to Second Coming was really good.

Really, I think Craymond said this either here or another thread, but the X-Force titles overshadow the X-Men in this period for a good chunk of time.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think the Craig Kyle and Chris Yost throughline from New X-Men to X-Force to Second Coming was really good.

Really, I think Craymond said this either here or another thread, but the X-Force titles overshadow the X-Men in this period for a good chunk of time.
    Oh yeah totally, X-Force & Uncanny X-Force were amazing

Hickman solved that problem by retconning the Wanda depowered mutants to a reasonable number so now Sentinels bombing Genosha is the highest mutant casualty.
    Well she still affected the multiverse
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was always about personal grievances with Quesada.
    Well. Facts were stated.

Quote Originally Posted by draco_dracul View Post
    Right? Tens of millions of mutants, even if they were all in America, would still be a minority group.
    It was a chance to even push mutants into many of the other teams if they couldn’t all be under the X-Men roof.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Lol Dawn of Stupidity started the day Disney stepped on Marvel for the first time in 2009.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-10-2020 at 02:25 AM.

BANNED

I don't think Quesada ever really cared about X-Men in the first place. They wanted to make more $ and when they realize they were losing it after New X-Men and since Quesada wanted to push for Avengers hence HoM.