Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    But spidey currently is well known. Hes been well known as one of the most famous new york heroes in new york. Has been this way since JMS. Peter hasnt been an everyman loner since he got married, the only way he is written like hes a hardcore loser who nonone takes seriously or likes is pis from different writrrs who dont like the character or really dont know amything about him.
    Well, being famous and being fully vindicated in the public eye are different things altogether. The street level perspectives we get on Spider-Man tend to vary wildly. It's pretty balanced overall. Some love him, some hate him, some don't care.

And Peter shouldnt ever represent anti social struggles, hes gotten to many girlfriends and high connection relationshios with heroes to represent that. Thats more Kaines department.
    Some anti-social tendencies are baked into the character DNA from the beginning. His first instinct is to withdraw into the world Aunt May and Uncle Ben have built for him. Even as his outlook matures with regard to his personal responsibility, he doesn't feel obligated to share much of himself with others. His closest confidantes are people who discovered his identity, not people he chose to tell. That's not a flaw or a virtue, it's just his personality. Sometimes those tendencies serve him well and sometimes they don't.

"Wealth and Fame, He's Ignored, Action is His Reward..."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Wealth and Fame, He's Ignored, Action is His Reward..."
    Awesome! One of my all-time favorite TV intros:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! One of my all-time favorite TV intros:

The Electric Company theme song: "Spider-Man. Where are you coming from, Spider-Man? Nobody knows who you are . . ." Perfect summation of how Spider-Man should come off to people in-universe who aren't privy to the details of his life outside the mask.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    But spidey currently is well known. Hes been well known as one of the most famous new york heroes in new york. Has been this way since JMS. Peter hasnt been an everyman loner since he got married, the only way he is written like hes a hardcore loser who nonone takes seriously or likes is pis from different writrrs who dont like the character or really dont know amything about him.
    The thing I remember most about Spider-man is that he was the all time king of team ups. He didn't have sidekicks, he didn't join teams.... but he teamed up with EVERYONE and they all respected him.

In fact, if you were a new hero in manhattan, you hadn't really 'MADE IT' until Spider-man showed up to tell you about Power and Responsiblity and then swing away... and they were excited that THE Spider-man was talking to them...

Quote Originally Posted by draco_dracul View Post
    I definitely prefer the younger Aunt May from USM where she's in her 50s or early 60s as opposed to 616 where she reads like she's supposed to be in her 70s or 80s
    Same here.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The Electric Company theme song: "Spider-Man. Where are you coming from, Spider-Man? Nobody knows who you are . . ." Perfect summation of how Spider-Man should come off to people in-universe who aren't privy to the details of his life outside the mask.
    Agreed. Another all-time favorite:

Quote Originally Posted by draco_dracul View Post
    I definitely prefer the younger Aunt May from USM where she's in her 50s or early 60s as opposed to 616 where she reads like she's supposed to be in her 70s or 80s
    Not me.

Personally I loved the idea that he had a responsibility to help care for her the way she cared for him all those years. The idea that there were legitimate health concerns.

Having an Aunt May who's young enough to handle whatever kind of defeats her purpose. He needs that push/pull and uncertainty about which way he should go.