Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just glad Nancy Linari got to have a good showcase as Aunt May given how underutilized she is in the current Spider-Man cartoon.

The PS4 game also used May much better then any of the recent movies have save ITSV.
    I'd rank PS4 Aunt May next to Rosemary Harris', and JMS' Aunt May.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I'd rank PS4 Aunt May next to Rosemary Harris', and JMS' Aunt May.
    I would say Ultimate Comics May far outranks all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I would say Ultimate Comics May far outranks all of them.
    I'd put PS4 MJ and JMS Aunt May as even with USM Aunt May.

Eddie Brock being part of the supporting cast before he became Venom.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To add on to this...Eddie working at the Bugle along with Peter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

From TAS? Yeah, I liked that, along with Eddie working with the Connors in Spectacular. In either case, building up his relationship and antagonism with Peter/Spider-Man before he bonds with the symbiote Peter casts off is a great touch that gives him more substance as a character. I also liked TAS Eddie falling in love with Ashley Kafka and wanting to reconnect with his old ideals, even with the Venom symbiote still bonded to him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I have to say I prefer the idea of Eddie Brock just being this random guy who gets sucked into the world of Spider-Man and introduced out of nowhere as in the original Michelinie-MacFarlane run.

Having Eddie Brock connected to Peter and potentially dropping in and out of his supporting cast has the air of the usual problems of Peter's supporting cast gradually becoming villains or heroes and getting to be part of the other side of the his double life. Obviously, mileage varies on how much is too much, and not everyone can or will agree.

Sometimes people, complete strangers, just barge into your life all of a sudden, out of random. That was part of the terror in the original Venom story.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    From TAS? Yeah, I liked that, along with Eddie working with the Connors in Spectacular. In either case, building up his relationship and antagonism with Peter/Spider-Man before he bonds with the symbiote Peter casts off is a great touch that gives him more substance as a character. I also liked TAS Eddie falling in love with Ashley Kafka and wanting to reconnect with his old ideals, even with the Venom symbiote still bonded to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I have to say I prefer the idea of Eddie Brock just being this random guy who gets sucked into the world of Spider-Man and introduced out of nowhere as in the original Michelinie-MacFarlane run.

Having Eddie Brock connected to Peter and potentially dropping in and out of his supporting cast has the air of the usual problems of Peter's supporting cast gradually becoming villains or heroes and getting to be part of the other side of the his double life. Obviously, mileage varies on how much is too much, and not everyone can or will agree.

Sometimes people, complete strangers, just barge into your life all of a sudden, out of random. That was part of the terror in the original Venom story.
    Marvel's Spider-Man and even the Raimi movies did it as well.

It just really added to the buildup of Venom when Brock finally got the suit and you understood why he hated both Peter Parker and Spider-Man so much.

Kaine rescuing Baby May.

-Pav, who headcannoned it until it no longer made sense...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

On that note, how the animated series introduced the idea that the Black costume was making Peter more aggressive. It gave a nice reason for SPidey to want tog et rid of the costume and helped explain why Venom is the way he is.

The symbiote coming to earth from a space mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Despite my earlier post, I like him as having been friends with Peter like in the Spectacular animated series. Of course, Venom's whole character is based around a vendetta. So there, the more personal the better.

But that series did also add another unnecessary connection: Felicia's father being the burglar. (In fairness, we never got to see where that was going though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Despite my earlier post, I like him as having been friends with Peter like in the Spectacular animated series. Of course, Venom's whole character is based around a vendetta. So there, the more personal the better.
    And that was a nod to Ultimate Spider-Man where Peter and Eddie's parents were close and they grew up together.

And that was a nod to Ultimate Spider-Man where Peter and Eddie's parents were close and they grew up together.
    Sure. But I like big bro Eddie more than creeper Eddie.

And Eddie getting upset at Peter for being a flake because of Spider-Man duties is more in line with how the whole Spider-Man story goes.

Well, I prefer the spider-marriage in MC2 to anything I've seen in the 616, RYV universe or the Abramsverse. MC2 had Peter give up being Spider-Man, of course, due to his leg getting blown apart by the Green Goblin. I wasn't as fond of that aspect, but I did like that Peter and MJ saw being a spider-hero as a horrible responsibility, and both reacted in shock and sadness when their daughter showed that she had the same powerset. They knew what it meant for her. Thats just one example of the kind of nice balance that DeFalco struck with the Spider-marriage, with them trying to live normal lives but having the spectre of Spider-Man always overshadow things.

As far as USM goes, I do love a lot of aspects of it. Not sure I'd tag any of the approaches as being completely superior to 616, though. That universe had its drawbacks.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.