Mighty Member

Default (teen) titans dark

Hello,

I was just writing about Empress and then I thought how cool it would be to make a

(TEEN) TITANS DARK BOOK:

-EMPRESS
    -RAVEN
    -TRACI 13
    -AMETHYST
    -RED DEVIL
    -ZACHARY
    -SECRET
    -probably CASSANDRA SANDSMARK

aged up to 20+

Secret is depowered (thanks to Darkseid of all people), and Greta won't want them back. Her story is done.

Also, your team is 75% female. Isn't there another boy you could include?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Secret is depowered (thanks to Darkseid of all people), and Greta won't want them back. Her story is done.

I'm paraphrasing here but Ruth Bader Ginsburg was asked how many women should be on the Supreme Court and she answered "all of them." When asked why, she answered something like, "Nobody complained when they were all men."

How many superhero teams are 75% male?

I just don't want a Titans title ripping off a JL title. Not a good move for them as a team/brand, IMO. I'm not sure if Cassie and Zachary exacerbates that or not.

Now, with that out of the way: I'm not that keen on Raven and Empress on the same team unless they are going to be treated as peers. I never liked the Titans as a mixed team with senior and rookie members. But if she's grown now, and had several years experience (she started at 15, as I recall) and they can act an equals, then that part is okay.

Not a Secret fan, and her story is done.

Only know Traci from preboot Blue Beetle, and I liked her there, but I had the impression she was changed up a bit for New 52? Have only a very passing familiarity with the others.

As I said, I don't really know the others well - are all the members except Raven of a younger generation?

How many superhero teams are 75% male?
    Very true.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 04-09-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

DC can barely sell Teen Titans and Justice League Dark. Why would they attempt a hybrid of the two with significantly less popular characters?

Some that might work on a (Teen) Titans Dark team.

Aaron Langstrom - Man-Bat's son afflicted with same condition
    Black Orchid (Suzy)
    Dead Boy Detectives (Charles Rowland and Edwin Paine)
    Doctor Fate (Khalid Nassour)
    Frostbite - Gay Canadian Snow Elf
    Klarion
    Maxine Baker (Animal Girl) - Animal Man's daughter
    Rebecca Langstrom - Man-Bat's daughter afflicted with same condition
    Scratch (Zack) - Werewolf, Batman ally
    Scream Queen (Nina Skorzeny) - Vampire, Scare Tactics
    Shining Knight (Ystina)
    Simon Dark
    Son of the Fallen
    Sprout (Tefe Holland) Daughter of Swamp Thing
    Swamp Kid (Russell Weinwright)
    Tatters - One off Ragman sidekick
    Tim Hunter
    Tristan Grey
    Young Frankenstein

Or, she gets her powers back and one of the book’s ongoing plots is her dealing w. being Michael Corleone‘d, and her teammates either trying to help her adjust or find a new way to get rid of them.

Honestly I'd be completely ok with that if this were a thing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I just don't want a Titans title ripping off a JL title. Not a good move for them as a team/brand, IMO. I'm not sure if Cassie and Zachary exacerbates that or not.

Now, with that out of the way: I'm not that keen on Raven and Empress on the same team unless they are going to be treated as peers. I never liked the Titans as a mixed team with senior and rookie members. But if she's grown now, and had several years experience (she started at 15, as I recall) and they can act an equals, then that part is okay.

Only know Traci from preboot Blue Beetle, and I liked her there, but I had the impression she was changed up a bit for New 52? Have only a very passing familiarity with the others.

As I said, I don't really know the others well - are all the members except Raven of a younger generation?

Very true.
    Red Devil and Zachary Zatara are from Johns Teen Titans run so they are a bit younger.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

NOT REALLY!!!

Arrowette also retired and now she is back....I strongly believe that we Empress and Secret will come back in the next months...

Did you read the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post

In Pre-Flashpoint Raven came back in a younger body and was a member of Johns TT..Now she is young again in Rebirth....
    So it would be no problem to see them in a team and considering Ravens Rebirth age they might be at the same age..

Speaking about experience it depends how big the difference is: I am not a fan of the current YJ roster, since there are really Veterans like Cassie,Conner,Bart and Tim and really rookies like Teen Lantern, Hex....
    But in Empress and Ravens case it would be less problem since Empress had already good skills when she became member of YJ...

Traci13 and Amethyst were both already in JLD and Traci13 is one of the most interesting members of Tims Generation..

Speaking about younger etc.:

-Amethyst in REBIRTH might be in Tims Generation, PRE-FLASHPOINT it was difficult since she was suddenly aged up when she moved to Gemworld, because of the different time on Earth and Gemworld [she was a teenager on earth and aged up to 20+ in Gemworld]
    -Raven was older, but she was reborn in a younger body in PRE-FLASHPOINT and now in REBIRTH she might also be in TIMS GENERATION

Traci13, Empress, Zachary, Kid Devil might be all in Tims Generation...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    DC can barely sell Teen Titans and Justice League Dark. Why would they attempt a hybrid of the two with significantly less popular characters?
    1.] Its no hybrid of them....since only Raven was a member of the current TT.....

2.) I think that this team is way more interesting than JLD and TT...
    It has very different characters which would be awesome to see how they would interact:

-Raven, Amethyst as the experienced, serious ones
    -Kid Devil, Zachary as the funny ones, the troublemakers
    -Secret as the shy one who also has kind of different powers, because of her being a ghost
    -Empress adds a new element with her vodou skills
    -Traci13 has urban magic which makes her also kind of different

If DC has an Amethyst, Naomi, Wonder Twins, Dial H for Hero.....series it would be also clearly be possible to try a Mini-Series...

I strictly believe that it has the chance to sell better than JLD, TT if you mix the humor of YJ with the seriousness of TT...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NOT REALLY!!!

Arrowette also retired and now she is back....I strongly believe that we Empress and Secret will come back in the next months...

Did you read the interview?
    You mean the one where someone asked about Arrowette and Secret and Bendis said ONE of them would be back soon? And now Cissie is. There's no plans for Secret or Empress.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

You mean the one where someone asked about Arrowette and Secret and Bendis said ONE of them would be back soon? And now Cissie is. There's no plans for Secret or Empress.
    Give me the link where it was stated ONE!!!

I know this one
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bend...rete-superboy/

This tangent seems unnecessarily nit picky considering this is all conjecture, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Or, she gets her powers back and one of the book’s ongoing plots is her dealing w. being Michael Corleone‘d, and her teammates either trying to help her adjust or find a new way to get rid of them.
    Not a good idea, IMO. It deprives Secret of her "happy ending" and second she basically get to repeat the same angsty storyline all over again (think how many times Cyborg has repeated his "man or machine" storyline - not a benefit to the character at all). The storyline would be even more limited the second time around without the element of discovering her past that was present early on.

I think couching hers in terms of "getting her powers back" is a difficult proposition. She was dead. Her powers came from being dead. She didn't want to be dead. All understandable. Now, if her powers became a more temporary, turn them on and off sort of thing and she didn't have any angst that would at least be different about it.

Haven't read new Cissie - is she still retired or if not have has she been given proper motivation not to be? I see from her wiki entry she was a waitress - she in college, too (she was contemplating a career in the sciences and had won sufficient money for college and maybe grad school, as I recall back in the prior universe). It's just that heroing was absolutely not something she wanted to do.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 04-10-2020 at 05:00 AM.