Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default TITANS part of JL or INDEPENDENT?

Hello,

do you prefer TITANS being part of JL or do you prefer them to be independent?

I prefer them to be independent, especially since they were disbanded for some time and the JL gave Nightwing a list of potential members.

I think it makes them look weak and I prefer them to be independent and be like a modern interpretation of the JL.

Independent.

Astonishing Member

Independent Titans are the best version. Making them uunderlings of the JL makes them look incompetent.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Indipendent, they are not JL lite.
    They are a family first, they stay together because they want spend time together.
    This is the only start point you must have when writing Titans.
    In every other way you’ll miss the core of this team and the result will be the one Dc had in the last 20 years (probably more).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Independent

Definitely independent. They are not a junior Justice League. Not something to "graduate" from. That was something clearly established in their most popular era. When they're not kids anymore, and that's a point that must be clear.
    NTT4.jpg

They are a family first, they stay together because they want spend time together.
    It also matters to me that the Titans all be heroes who are primarily a team whose members occasionally solo rather than solo heroes who team up (like the JL). I also think it works better with them all living in the same city, too. That does mean that as Wally and later Dick (and any others) become solo workers (with their own titles/cities) that they should leave the Titans. I know some people are very against Dick ever leaving, but I'm not. I'm also aware Wally had his own city even to start, but I still think it works better my way.

EDIT: Want to add that, to me, they don't start as a family, of course. Several have never met. And for years, they weren't. I mean, the NTT, not the Fab Five, who, of course, also had to build bridges early. But since this said Titans (not Teen), I thought we were talking later. I mean, even by COIE, Gar and Vic were close, and Kory was close with Dick and Donna, but Wally wasn't particularly close to Kory or Gar, you wouldn't find the same closeness between Donna and Gar or various other members. And for a while there, Raven could only be reasonably considered close to Wally or Jericho or just maaaaybe Vic.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 04-09-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Independent! They are their own team.

Ideally, independent of course. I'm not entirely sure why these guys haven't just told the League to "get on board or get out of the way" yet. In modern stories I mean. They haven't had guts (or agency!) like that since the 80's.

But looking at the market, having them tied to the League might not be the worst thing ever. If you could somehow connect them to the League without making them subservient to the League, that might be enough of a balance to make the team feel important (tied to the League) while being independent enough to not piss everybody off.

Hell of a line to walk though. Probably not something DC's creative stable could maintain. Better to make the Titans fully independent, than try to use the League's status to help the book sell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Definitely independent. I use to be a big fan of the Fab5 but I feel like a lot of the reason there in the position there in is because they kept going back to the concept of Sidekicks running the Titans and bringing up the fact some of them are junior characters of the JL.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Independent. But with the caveat that they handle things the League ordinarily wouldn't have time to.

Independent no doubt.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Independent.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Of course. Independent. Titans, even though they started off as the sidekicks, their best stories were them on their own and growing into their own without Justice League or Justice Society watching over them or babysitting them. From New Teen Titans to Young Justice to Geoff Johns to even New 52 (despite them trying to hard), they work best on their own.

Astonishing Member

I'd prefer them not only independent but in some ways actually opposed to the League. Nightwing should take a page from Bruce's book and have the Titans as a last line of defense against the League going rogue, Or going in to handle the stuff the League won't due to political consideration. Basically anything but being treated as the League's underlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd prefer them not only independent but in some ways actually opposed to the League. Nightwing should take a page from Bruce's book and have the Titans as a last line of defense against the League going rogue, Or going in to handle the stuff the League won't due to political consideration. Basically anything but being treated as the League's underlings.
    Although they were a parallel to the X-Men in the '80s, I would actually like to see Titans become the Defenders to the JLA's Avengers.

They already have some shared concepts.
    Namely, each of the core Defenders unlocked a different corner of the Marvel Universe.
    Doctor Strange-other Dimensions/magic
    Namor-Atlantis/science-fantasy
    Hulk-Marvel Monsters/science
    Silver Surfer-the galaxy/cosmic power
    Valkyrie-Mythology/fantasy

With Titans, they had:
    Cyborg-Science (ala Six-Million Dollar Man), complete with a connection to STAR Labs
    Starfire-cosmic sci-fi and space opera, with a connection to Tamaran and the Vega System
    Raven-mystical, with a connection to other dimensions, Azarath in particular
    Changeling was straight up super-hero/adventurer, with a connection to the Doom Patrol

But they also have:
    Wonder Girl/Donna Troy-connection to Paradise Island and potentially the Greek Gods or Titans of Myth. Also, if not retconned out, she has connections in space and with the Darkstars.
    Aqualad/Tempest and Tula-connection to Atlantis.

I'm probably missing some others.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a slightly older Amethyst join the Titans to open up Gemworld to them.
    And maybe one of the Forever People to open up New Genesis and Apokolips.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.