Default The Beast (Angel/Buffyverse) Vs Luke Cage (MCU/Netflix)

Which nigh-invulnerable, super-strong character wins this one?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I think that Luke post powerup is out of the range of The Beast's ability to damage. I don't recall the inverse, but it's been a long time since I've seen. Luke seems like a better fighter as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I think that Luke post powerup is out of the range of The Beast's ability to damage. I don't recall the inverse, but it's been a long time since I've seen. Luke seems like a better fighter as well.
    Does that mean you're suggesting the Beast is within Luke Cage's ability to damage? If so, what makes you think this?

Just to remind everyone of the Beast's capabilities:

Strength
    - Severely injured Connor, who emerged uninjured from being run over by a van.
    - Hit Connor and Faith so hard that they flew twenty feet or so, completely in an upward trajectory, and only stopped due to hitting something (in Connor's case, a metal surface that buckled with his impact).
    - Bent a metal axe like it was a piece of paper.
    - Performed Hulk-esque leaps over tall buildings.

Durability
    - Withstood a grenade explosion without any damage.
    - Took multiple handgun shots without any damage.
    - Withstood multiple shotgun blasts without any damage.

Skill
    - Took on the entire Angel Investigations team, when they had Angel's strength, bladed weapons and guns on their side. Beat them fairly effortlessly and didn't look outmatched in terms of skill.

Speed
    - The Beast was by no means fast, but he displayed reflexes quick enough to dodge crossbow fire, which ended up hitting Angel. Very good proof that he could block punches.

Miscellaneous
    - He can travel interdimensionally, so a dimension-dump shouldn't be ruled out.

Essentially, I think his feats are very much on a par with Luke's.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

That's fair. I'm not saying that Luke could hurt him, and given those feats, he probably can't. But equally, the Beast just isn't going to be able to hurt Luke. Whole buildings fall on the guy and he shrugs it off. He gets plowed into by a large truck that's speeding and he's fine enough to beat one of the fingers of the hand. He exploded a grenade in his hands and nothing came out. The special bullets that proved near fatal to him in season 1 were absolutely useless in season 2.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Probably they smack each other around for a while in an aesthetically pleasing but ultimately futile brawl. Eventually one of them (likely The Beast tbh) switches tactics and maybe goes for a choke/suffocation attack of some sort.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It sounds like Luke Cage's only chance at winning here is going for the Beast's eyes. Otherwise, Beast eventually gets wise and starts relying on his more esoteric abilities or does something Arbiter suggested. It's a pretty close fight. Both fighters have comparative levels of strength and durability that makes me think they'll be fighting for an unbelievably long time.