Default Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #32-41

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man #32-41 are going to be hitting Marvel Unlimited soon.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...rfer-in-april/

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #32-41, will be available on Marvel Unlimited in April. These issues of the secondary Spider-Man series were originally published in 1979 and 1980. They featured stories written mostly by Bill Mantlo, but also a few by Tony Isabella and Tom DeFalco. Jim Mooney was the artist for most of the stories, but you can also find work by Sal Buscema, John Romita Jr., Mike Zeck, and Frank Springer. These issues also feature the first appearance of The Iguana.
    The issues also feature Spider-Man's first encounter with Swarm, a showdown with Morbius, and Spider-Man's transformation into the Spider-Lizard.

It also marks a big change in the supporting cast for a few years as Peter joins a Graduate Science program, while supporting cast standbys Mary Jane & Harry Osborn exit.

Anyone remember these issues?

And if anyone checks them out now that it's on Digital Unlimited, what did you think?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I remember some of these issues, they were quite enjoyable. We had the issues with the Iguana, Spider-Lizard after Peter used the Enervator device, and there was like a low-key mystery (though I hesitate to call it that) about Marcy Kane. That was definitely one of the overall most solid eras for Spider-Man comics IMO.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

I have still not read many of those stories.
    I have only read if memory serves me well the Iguana story way back.
    "Looks around to see if nobody is going to take away my Spider-Man comic book reader card because of that"
    Those stories are still some of stories of the main Spider-Man comic books that i have not read,but from what i remember they had funny sub plots with the new suporting cast.
    As mentioned already there was a mystery about Marcy Kane, that i think is concluded in the Jack of Hearts limited series.

"Child Within or Swarm & Iguana?"

"Is that even a question?"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Anyone remember these issues?
    I do, I bought them as they came out around here (April 1980 to July 1981). They're past Mantlo's peak, a few issues earlier, but we have an early JRJR, which is always nice. At the time, I liked the Swarm storyline, basically because it highlighted the new cast.