Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Phoenix is Coming (Avengers Spoilers)

At the end of the most recent Avengers issue #32, we have Namor calling on the Phoenix Force, unfortunately we have to deal with a Moon Knight storyline beforehand zzzzzz.
    I was really looking forward to this happening, damn you covid-19.
    Bring on Empyre as well.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-10-2020 at 01:43 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

yea i loved that to.I was surprised that nobody posed it on the board

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Fatigue, probably. The cosmic bird is coming back. Again.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    unfortunately we have to deal with a Moon Knight storyline beforehand zzzzzz.
    I'd much rather read a Moon Knight story than yet another Phoenix one.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    At the end of the most recent Avengers issue #32, we have Namor calling on the Phoenix Force, unfortunately we have to deal with a Moon Knight storyline beforehand zzzzzz.
    I was really looking forward to this happening, damn you covid-19.
    Bring on Empyre as well.
    As cool as it sounds to throw Phoenix into everything else that's going on, I think the Moon Knight thing sounds pretty cool too.

I can already hear the sound of some people groaning about the Phoenix... but I personally think it's fun how Aaron is literally throwing EVERYTHING into the mix for this Avengers run. Celestials, vampires, Mephisto, the Squadron Suprmeme, the Star Brand ... it's crazy how many elements this story is already juggling and they're throwing this into the mix on top of all of that. To me at least, the craziness of it all is fun.

Fantastic Member

Aaron better have a PHENOMENAL explanation as to why the PF doesnt bee-line to Krakoa

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Aaron's current run isn't exactly popular here and many other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Fatigue, probably. The cosmic bird is coming back. Again.
    If I had my way, we'd not see the Phoenix Force ever again in the MU. It's been used too often and no longer feels important or dangerous... the Infinity Gems too.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    If I had my way, we'd not see the Phoenix Force ever again in the MU. It's been used too often and no longer feels important or dangerous... the Infinity Gems too.
    Agree 1 million times

Indeed. Phoenix again. Ho-hum. Couldn't we, just once, have had Tucson or Flagstaff...or even Tombstone? But that's Aaron for you: All sound and fury, signifying nothing. It amazes me that Marvel keeps him on as a writer.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd much rather read a Moon Knight story than yet another Phoenix one.
    Oh hell yes. I can't wait to read the MK one. I'm fine with the Phoenix storyline but MK is so neglected I'm stoked to see him get the spotlight.

Lol, soooooo much of this!! These guys are paid well for them to just recycle plots, and devices. Reinvigorate some achieve villains and make them threatening, or create new ones.

Not interested in seeing another Phoenix is evil storyline.
    Especially when you have Jean grey, Rachel grey, Hope Summers and Quentin Quire, 4 key hosts who have been shown to be able to control it, people it has strong connections and bonds to more than Namor who lost control and flooded wakanda

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Not interested in seeing another Phoenix is evil storyline.
    Especially when you have Jean grey, Rachel grey, Hope Summers and Quentin Quire, 4 key hosts who have been shown to be able to control it, people it has strong connections and bonds to more than Namor who lost control and flooded wakanda
    Which was total BS, contrived for Hickman's run on Avengers

That said, this nonsense in Aaron run with Namor and the Phoenix is even worse. It trashes the few things that have been done to restore the character. And in the most stupid fashion possible. This certainly isn't going to help the character, either.

So, yes. Drop the Phoenix in a deep hole and let's not see it for another 30 years.

Not keen on the Moon Knight arc, either. Marvel's constant reboots / revamps on the character have killed what interest I had in him. What's he going to be this week?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The Phoenix Force was the most awesome idea ever...and they've completely ruined it.