Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Which fictional character would come up with a cure for Covid19 the fatest?

Who is going is going to cure this disease in a matter of hours?

Luthor is profiteering on Toilet Paper right now.
    Doom is mass producing mind control hand cleaner for the masses.
    So they are both out.

Reed didn't take social distancing seriously and infected the Negative Zone.
    Dr McCoy said, "mutants aren't affected" and stopped caring.

Pamela Isley came up with a cure, but only gave it to her friends. She is first.
    Mr Terrific does the cure for everyone though.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Stranger, Washu, High Evolutionary.

Lower down than the cosmics, there's Brainiac Five for the first non-immortal scientist to crack it.

Slightly behind him, let's say the Holographic Doctor from STV, maybe Julian Bashir from DS9. It's within their speciality, they have advanced intellects, and a much greater body of knowledge to draw upon.

Comic book scientists seem to have big blind spots when it comes to curing diseases. For Starfleet physicians, curing cancer and stuff is just routine. Why hasn't Reed cured cancer? PIS?
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 04-10-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Stranger, Washu, High Evolutionary.

Lower down than the cosmics, there's Brainiac Five for the first non-immortal scientist to crack it.

Slightly behind him, let's say the Holographic Doctor from STV, maybe Julian Bashir from DS9. It's within their speciality, they have advanced intellects, and a much greater body of knowledge to draw upon.

Comic book scientists seem to have big blind spots when it comes to curing diseases. For Starfleet physicians, curing cancer and stuff is just routine. Why hasn't Reed cured cancer? PIS?
    Two reasons.

1: Cancer in 616 is presented as an incurable thing throughout the cosmos. Like, multiple planets and their societies have announced it as such. Mar-vell had a story saying as much.

Not just 616 either. DC has gone out of it's way to keep cancer pretty serious. Wonder Woman once said "Even the Amazonian Purple Ray technology cant cure it" and so forth.

My best guess is that writers dont want to sound insensitive to real world people about cancer?

2: There is a (possibly silly) theory that Reed is actually less then savant level genius at biology related science lol. Dont know how true it is. It came up in an older thread of mine where I asked "Can Reed cure the Flood?".
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I hate to be a broken record, but Giorno from JoJo probably could, having made a cure for Purple Haze's flesh-eating virus.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I hate to be a broken record, but Giorno from JoJo probably could, having made a cure for Purple Haze's flesh-eating virus.
    This is a good example of a character who would already have a cure, and doesn't need to spend any time coming up with it. So he would technically be the right answer but I'm not sure it is what the OP had in mind.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

rick could easily cure it. question is, would he?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Any of the Healing/Medicine Gods from Scion.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    rick could easily cure it. question is, would he?
    There *will* be an episode of R&M about COVID-19 eventually. Rick travels to the universe where the cure already exists, steals it, and dooms them to all die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Two reasons.

1: Cancer in 616 is presented as an incurable thing throughout the cosmos. Like, multiple planets and their societies have announced it as such. Mar-vell had a story saying as much.

Not just 616 either. DC has gone out of it's way to keep cancer pretty serious. Wonder Woman once said "Even the Amazonian Purple Ray technology cant cure it" and so forth.

My best guess is that writers dont want to sound insensitive to real world people about cancer?

2: There is a (possibly silly) theory that Reed is actually less then savant level genius at biology related science lol. Dont know how true it is. It came up in an older thread of mine where I asked "Can Reed cure the Flood?".
    Part of me wants to say that the Cancerverse is somehow related; but that could simply be my desire to state that the "Fhtagn Four" is a thing that exists. As far as Cancer goes in Marvel though, Norman Osborne cured it... to kill Deadpool.

So technically him?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Wakanda also apparently has the cure to cancer, but they're assholes or something? Quiet Man also did so, but destroyed the cure because he's also an ******* or something.

Glossary with citations.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Spider-Man cures COVID-19 in this fan film:

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, just infect Wolverine and harvest his antibodies. I think that's how the old Fox show cured the Legacy Virus, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, just infect Wolverine and harvest his antibodies. I think that's how the old Fox show cured the Legacy Virus, or something.
    It worked on the Brood spores as well.

In fact, the only things that kept Fox Wolverine down was the fear of being covered in scorpions and the inability to use his claws on any flesh and blood creature.

My money's on Dr. Hank Pym. The best biologist in the 616.